Renart5

Sep 13, 2021
Hey, folks. Just wanted to let you know what's happening. The work is basically stopped for now until I find a way to relocate from Russia and hopefully help others on the team to move out as well. Need to set up a new legal entity, find a way to route the funds into it, etc, etc. There won't be a March release, the 0.6.0 will go public when I can get to it. Late March or early April, probably. Will try to get back into the thread and at least answer some questions in a week or so.
Are you going to be alright?

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZanithOne

nickheinz

May 13, 2019
Hey, folks. Just wanted to let you know what's happening. The work is basically stopped for now until I find a way to relocate from Russia and hopefully help others on the team to move out as well. Need to set up a new legal entity, find a way to route the funds into it, etc, etc. There won't be a March release, the 0.6.0 will go public when I can get to it. Late March or early April, probably. Will try to get back into the thread and at least answer some questions in a week or so.
Stay safe is first prio.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ZanithOne

Capyboobies

Game Developer
Mar 12, 2022
Stay safe and best of luck! You and your teams wellbeing is the top priority right now.

Lego0978j

Jan 1, 2022
Yeah this is one of the few games i look forward to seeing updated.

So by all means be safe and good luck.

meanmike

Apr 1, 2019
I would not publicly discuss evading sanctions.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
I agree, but of course, we should stop the off-topic conversations on this thread.
I don't see how its not really off-topic. Zanith and the rest of the AHITR team are in a precarious position; financially, politically and socially. Its already had a direct impact on the game. Any concerns for their safety will be pertinent, especially as there have been a staggering number of arrests made in Russia these past few weeks, not to mention the rise of this "Z" symbol amongst many police units. Am I saying that Zanith is in danger? No and unless they themselves say that they are in danger, that's where the conversation should end.

By all means, lets discuss the necessity to leave Russia for whatever reason, be it safety or just to get the hell out of Dodge before it all implodes. Because it is something that directly relates to the main subject of this thread.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
I don't see how its not really off-topic. Zanith and the rest of the AHITR team are in a precarious position; financially, politically and socially. Its already had a direct impact on the game. Any concerns for their safety will be pertinent, especially as there have been a staggering number of arrests made in Russia these past few weeks, not to mention the rise of this "Z" symbol amongst many police units. Am I saying that Zanith is in danger? No and unless they themselves say that they are in danger, that's where the conversation should end.

By all means, lets discuss the necessity to leave Russia for whatever reason, be it safety or just to get the hell out of Dodge before it all implodes. Because it is something that directly relates to the main subject of this thread.
It's off-topic because it's not about the game. The impact on the game can go in a mention or something, but when you start talking about sanctions and such, it's only tangential to the game and not about it directly.

I'm not saying you can't talk about it, but it shouldn't be in this thread. You should open a new thread about it. Call it something like "A House in the Rift and the Current World Situation" or whatever. I did something similar in a different game thread and had the post deleted as off-topic. I should have created a new thread instead.

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
Thanks for all the well wishes, folks!

A quick status update. I am on Cyprus now, will try to apply for residence and set up an LLC here. Still quite a few hurdles ahead of us and the rest of the team haven't moved out just yet. I will try to resume work within a week or two, so hopefully there will be a new build out next month.

I would not publicly discuss evading sanctions.
Just to make it clear, I'm not under actual sanctions in any way, shape or form. I'm just trying to move to another country and start working from there.

But there are reasons why I decided to move out. The credit cards issued by Russian banks are no longer accepted by any US/EU-based merchants and if I am to continue receiving money from Patreon and elsewhere as a resident of Russia I'd have to accept another loss of 20 to 30% due to forced currency conversions. And I really don't want to keep funding the state with these forced conversion and my taxes.

7rNEK

Oct 8, 2021
Thanks for all the well wishes, folks!

A quick status update. I am on Cyprus now, will try to apply for residence and set up an LLC here. Still quite a few hurdles ahead of us and the rest of the team haven't moved out just yet. I will try to resume work within a week or two, so hopefully there will be a new build out next month.

Just to make it clear, I'm not under actual sanctions in any way, shape or form. I'm just trying to move to another country and start working from there.

But there are reasons why I decided to move out. The credit cards issued by Russian banks are no longer accepted by any US/EU-based merchants and if I am to continue receiving money from Patreon and elsewhere as a resident of Russia I'd have to accept another loss of 20 to 30% due to forced currency conversions. And I really don't want to keep funding the state with these forced conversion and my taxes.
Glad to hear that you made it out. As an alternative to Patreon, you can check out LibrePatron. It's a self hosted alternative with integrated crypto currency support. FYI, Turkish side of Cyprus should be easier.

Last edited:

BayJay47

Jun 9, 2018
Holy fuck bro, best of luck. Post here if there's anything a bunch of dudes on the internet can do to help.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes