DarkDaemonX

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2020
"Some Explanation" finishes before I did everything, I don't know how you can mess up easy checks like that in the code, as it seems you can get to day 3 without finishing the quest, but that doesn't work every time.

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
They don't work, I tried using them for the 2 Dreamer Pro Plus scenes but it says wrong code every time.
They did when I made that post a year and a half ago. They have been changed to "ohdearyoufoundit - ughdisgusting" but they don't actually work in-game. I don't know if its because the version here isn't the Patreon version or if it's that the code isn't completed yet. It still seems like a lot of hassle just for two noncanonical scenes IMO. Or maybe the hashes are changed at some point but it seems unlikely.

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
They did when I made that post a year and a half ago. They have been changed to "ohdearyoufoundit - ughdisgusting" but they don't actually work in-game. I don't know if its because the version here isn't the Patreon version or if it's that the code isn't completed yet. It still seems like a lot of hassle just for two noncanonical scenes IMO. Or maybe the hashes are changed at some point but it seems unlikely.
erm - actually the first one is 'onaleash'
- the 'codes' you posted are found within renpy rpa code (I found them using a online renpy disassembler) and are 'added' to a line of hex code & it is this HEX code I used with an online sha256 decoder which brings up the actual code for the scene.

The bad news is trying the other hex code for 'ughdisgusting' doesn't work and since I don't know how renpy hashlib.sha256 actually works I cant figure out how to get the 2nd code

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
- the 'codes' you posted are found within renpy rpa code (I found them using a online renpy disassembler) and are 'added' to a line of hex code & it is this HEX code I used with an online sha256 decoder which brings up the actual code for the scene.

The bad news is trying the other hex code for 'ughdisgusting' doesn't work and since I don't know how renpy hashlib.sha256 actually works I cant figure out how to get the 2nd code
Yeah, I was just coming back to correct myself. Had a brain fart.

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021

It is just sha256. If you use hashcat it is SHA2-256.
But really...... You go through the length of digging up the code, then surely you would know there are much easier ways than hashing.....

FoxyTails

Feb 9, 2020
It is just sha256. If you use hashcat it is SHA2-256.
But really...... You go through the length of digging up the code, then surely you would know there are much easier ways than hashing.....
And I have no idea what the difference is. I know absolutely NOTHING about renpy, python, hashing or whatever the coding is - all I know is a little bit of programming from many years ago going back to 8-bit B.A.S.I.C and a little of 16-bit PASCAL (yeah I'm that old) so all I know about is about 'If..Then' & 'For..Next' stuff :LOL:

I have not idea what something like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
actually means , I could take educated guesses at stuff since they 'look similar' to old 8/16 bit stuff but I think I was just lucky finding the 'onaleash' one

Last edited:
Reactions: Yves69

segaegae

Dec 5, 2021
And I have no idea what the difference is. I know absolutely NOTHING about renpy, python, hashing or whatever the coding is - all I know is a little bit of programming from many years ago going back to 8-bit B.A.S.I.C and a little of 16-bit PASCAL (yeah I'm that old) so all I know about is about 'If..Then' & 'For..Next' stuff :LOL:

I have not idea what something like
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
actually means , I could take educated guesses at stuff since they 'look similar' to old 8/16 bit stuff but I think I was just lucky finding the 'onaleash' one
There is no need for that...:(
I mean I did try to hash with 1400 sha2-256 in hashcat and get the result onaleash...

ZanithOne

A House in the Rift dev
Game Developer
Oct 2, 2018
But I will ask this though, will you be changing lyr kitchen seen soon? It's kinda off putting that she goes "I'm not letting you breed me" when you ask for sex in the kitchen after already turning her onto sex I could get if it was changed into not being comfortable with public sex despite being willing to give a boob job out in the open but I digress.
It's on my TODO list, but that list is, uh... It's still growing, and I'm not making much of a progress.

I think I found more typos in the battery search in the attic. "look" should be "lock". "Girls start" should be "The girls start".
I know it's easy sometimes to miss things, ZanithOne, and you likely already know about this. But JIC here's a little bit in some text from this latest chapter that you may wish to fix.
Thanks, will fix!

Hello. Now that the thread is quieter after the last version publication, I would like to continue the conversation about the Spanish translation. I don't want the translation removed, just that it was more helpful and neutral.
I add to share the translation file edited by me, with some corrections for your consideration.
Thank you! I'll replace the file with the edited one. Would you like a mention in the credits section?

Hi, I'm new to this game and for whatever reason when I try to save my progress I get an error

I'm playing on android using joiplay

I can't save no matter what I do, I even restarted my progress and it's still not working

Can anyone please help me? Thanks.
Try the latest JoiPlay RenPy plugin. They picked up a fix from RenPy repo recently, so it should be working now.

I don't think you can as yet. That's been niggling at me too.
Yeah, we'll get back there sooner or later. (Probably later tbh)

Been a problem for (3 or so?) years now.
I reckon those videos would have to be re-encoded to play nice with whatever nonsense has changed in the renpy engine, so I doubt it'll ever be fixed at this stage.
Yeah. It's still using 7.3.5 anyway. There was talk many updates ago about porting it to the new version but still nothing. I tried a port myself but the way the utility scripts for this one are set up, it really doesn't play nice with python 3. It may not seem like much to others but I can hardly get into it anymore. The only thing that works is starting from scratch every time. If the game closes it goes right back to the same old thing.
Starting with 7.5.0 RenPy had a nasty bug in its scoping logic, and only recently it was identified and fixed. When the next version of RenPy drops, I'll port the game to it. Maybe it'll fix the looping problem. If it doesn't, then I'll try to research it myself some more.

Unrelated but ZanithOne, I think I noticed a couple typos/errors in some of the first scenes.
Thanks, will fix!

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Starting with 7.5.0 RenPy had a nasty bug in its scoping logic, and only recently it was identified and fixed. When the next version of RenPy drops, I'll port the game to it. Maybe it'll fix the looping problem. If it doesn't, then I'll try to research it myself some more.
Yay. I really do wish you luck. It's the only thing that really stops me from following it as closely as I used to. The game deserves it but with the issue it's been frustrating to have to restart every time. The game really excels in the animation department, especially with HS so it's a pretty big issue for me personally.

Superfuken

Apr 19, 2022
Thank you! I'll replace the file with the edited one. Would you like a mention in the credits section?
No, thanks to you for the response. It's for completing the previous translation. Only to fix the previous translation, and make more comprehensible. Hope some spanish players read the texts and enjoy the game like i did. I will upload more phrases when I play the next update.

wertygo

Oct 5, 2017

DarkAssassin

I, for one, welcome our new android overlords.
Modder
Donor
Nov 2, 2017
Not sure what i'm doing wrong, just placing game folder in the "House in the rift" folder does not unlock any pictures, I can only see what i have unlocked manualy
Never mind I'm dumb for not noticing the unlock button, my bad
it's OK. you confused me though ngl.
I was like tf! why won't it work!!!

4.70 star(s) 315 Votes