DaftDunk

Aug 12, 2019
does anybody have a save a little bit right after you meet lyriel? My saves appear to have been made corrupted when I transitioned to a new laptop.

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
does anybody have a save a little bit right after you meet lyriel? My saves appear to have been made corrupted when I transitioned to a new laptop.
I don't know if you can change the MC's name but here is a save just after her last dream. There isn't much done with the other girls.

Nov 9, 2017
Tried to open the latest version via the renpy-7.4.2-sdk on a Mac running Catalina and got this:

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/quests/quest_utils.rpy", line 6, in <module>
NameError: name 'store' is not defined

Any ideas on how to fix?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
Tried to open the latest version via the renpy-7.4.2-sdk on a Mac running Catalina and got this:

While running game code:
File "game/scripts/quests/quest_utils.rpy", line 6, in <module>
NameError: name 'store' is not defined

Any ideas on how to fix?
If you used unrpyc something could have gone wrong with that. Did you try decompiling it again?

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
I didn't use unrpyc. I simply downloaded the zip, expanded the zip, put it in Renpy's projects folder and tried to launch it within Renpy SDK.
What happens if you just extract it to some random (i. e. unused otherwise) folder and launch the .exe?

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I didn't use unrpyc. I simply downloaded the zip, expanded the zip, put it in Renpy's projects folder and tried to launch it within Renpy SDK.
I'm pretty sure the SDK doesn't read from the pre compiled rpas, I could be wrong though. So I'm surprised it worked at all.

Nov 9, 2017
What happens if you just extract it to some random (i. e. unused otherwise) folder and launch the .exe?
You missed the part about being on a Mac running Catalina (no Wine) So .exe won't run.

I'm pretty sure the SDK doesn't read from the pre compiled rpas, I could be wrong though. So I'm surprised it worked at all.
It has worked on nearly every other game with compiled rpas I have done this on. The only exception was Time for Dragons where I had to copy the yaml folder and put it into the SDK. Heck, this will even work on Renpy written directly for the mac (ie a full application) so I don't have to wait for the OS's verification process.

I evne took the files and put them in the older mac version (which does work) and got the same error.

Running ahitr.sh directly produced
Ren'Py platform files not found in:
(directory path)/lib/darwin-x86_64

Last edited:

Skeltom

Engaged Member
Oct 9, 2017
I don't know much at all about mac. So will it not run in your system, or are you trying to edit it? I assume you are talking about Mac (v0.5.6r1).

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
You missed the part about being on a Mac running Catalina (no Wine) So .exe won't run.

It has worked on nearly every other game with compiled rpas I have done this on. The only exception was Time for Dragons where I had to copy the yaml folder and put it into the SDK. Heck, this will even work on Renpy written directly for the mac (ie a full application) so I don't have to wait for the OS's verification process.

I evne took the files and put them in the older mac version (which does work) and got the same error.
The game uses a version of Renpy built with some patches that haven't made it into the official release yet. It won't work with stock Renpy. You can try splicing the Renpy version from the older mac release, see if that works for you.

Nov 9, 2017
The game uses a version of Renpy built with some patches that haven't made it into the official release yet. It won't work with stock Renpy. You can try splicing the Renpy version from the older mac release, see if that works for you.
That likely is the issue as doing the above didn't work either. Strange that trying to launch ahitr.sh directly causes it to look for darwin-x86_64 in the lib folder. The youngest reference to that library was back in 2015 some 6 years ago. The patches ssome to be doing some really gonzo calls.

Last edited:

aexiel

Sep 5, 2018
Honestly, I've been avoiding this game because I found the premise boring... but boy am I wrong.

This is now one of my faves and Rae is my waifu.

PS I'm an idiot who don't understand how to use sigs.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes