Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I agree with you as I see we both wrote the same thing, yet using different words. Yet I have to write, with her experiences Rae has a pretty long way ahead in order to see a gifts just as a gifts or a tokens of gratitute and not as a objects meant to buy her loyality and obedience. Returning her armband back onto her arm by MC might be a sour,, yet important action, maybe even causing a little drama, needed to push Rae forward, because I don't think thier relationship will bloom if every treat, gift, will be taken with wrong intent in mind.
I think the trick there will be if the gifts he gives her are thoughtful and things she wants, rather than thoughtless "I'm a rich dick who can buy girls with expensive things".

Reactions: acowasto

preskerd

Sep 27, 2017
I always wanted that as well, however wasn't sure if it was even possible given her nature. Can she love? Or can she just almost love? She's almost said it a couple times I think... But didn't. It's been brought up before but I don't remember what all was said about it. I know it involved the time of her going back to her mentor.

Cheers
There is literally nothing that indicates succubus cannot love. There are multiple games and also other medias where succubus falls in love. Hell one of the most popular harem game right now has a succubus character which's deeply in love with that game's mc and decided that the only man she will be with is mc. She did that regardless of her mother's wishes. Every game can have different kind of succubus. There is nothing set in stone about how succubus lives. For example Rae already said that her kind doesn't need mans cum to live. On some other games they need it to live and be stronger. Again succubus can change story to story. On this game pretty sure Rae is already very much in love with MC. She probably will confess soon imo. She almost confessed several times but I think her conffession will be tied to an important event and I'm sure it will be really special and romantic event

Last edited:

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Actually, I think Rae's mindset would be better served if the MC got her a new armband, completely separate from her original one. I mean, I was sad when she sold it away, but it also made sense; she'd want something that was specifically hers, and we don't know what sort of backstory that armband has, what strings came attached to it.

A new armband, for a new lover, and a new dynamic. I think that would serve everybody better, and allow Rae and MC's relationship to progress.
Well, yes, you're right about us not know nothing about the backstory of the armband, only it has a sentimental attachment as was implied by Rae during her dialogue. I personally like the idea, as someone mentioned it, about the armband being a gift from former mentor. It might be aswell a simple trinket she bought herself during one of assignments, because it looked nice and we're just overthinking it. :D

I also like your idea. A symbolic gift to start something more serious, to create na new attachment.

But we're not going to do anything anytime soon. All we can do is to wait for next release and only then decide what to do with it. Probably first read how MC is trying to fish out the details about armband out of Rae without too much of pressure, yet obviously failing, because of her wits.

I think the trick there will be if the gifts he gives her are thoughtful and things she wants, rather than thoughtless "I'm a rich dick who can buy girls with expensive things".
That might be quite a challenge to achive. What could possibly MC from technologically superior world could give to Succubus from medevial-like world without looking as he wants to buy her if even the cheapest item of technologically superior world is high-quality and thus pretty expensive item to a Succubus used to having basically nothing?

voyeurkind

Jan 26, 2018
Has it been talked about in game exactly what that armband means to Rae? I'm not remembering if it has been discussed. If it hasn't, it's entirely possible that Rae had a very good reason we're unaware of for selling it beyond just money.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
That might be quite a challenge to achive. What could possibly MC from technologically superior world could give to Succubus from medevial-like world without looking as he wants to buy her if even the cheapest item of technologically superior world is high-quality and thus pretty expensive item to a Succubus used to having basically nothing?
It's not about what it costs, it's about what it means. Like instead of buying a girl a diamond necklace, buying her a tulip because when you first met there were tulips there.
In Rae's case I would think of getting her something like a cookbook because she enjoys cooking, or a camera because she likes the fashion magazines, we could take some photos of her. Or maybe she could get Naomi to sit still long enough to take some pictures of her, since things didn't go well when she tried to paint her.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
It's not about what it costs, it's about what it means. Like instead of buying a girl a diamond necklace, buying her a tulip because when you first met there were tulips there.
In Rae's case I would think of getting her something like a cookbook because she enjoys cooking, or a camera because she likes the fashion magazines, we could take some photos of her. Or maybe she could get Naomi to sit still long enough to take some pictures of her, since things didn't go well when she tried to paint her.
Yes, I know it's about the intent and not the price, but even the cheapest gift on superior world might be a only nobility wealth level gift on medieval world and thus the price difference might outshine the intent. That's the challage part I had in mind.
For example your example, a cookbook. As far as I remember in medieval times for a price of a book you could also buy a warhorse which was worth around houndred normal horses. Giving Rae such cheap to us, yet expensive to her, item might just backfire as in the moment of reciving it she would feel once again like on royal court, like someone is trying to buy her with expensive gifts, even though she aleady acknowledge about the price differences.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yes, I know it's about the intent and not the price, but even the cheapest gift on superior world might be a only nobility wealth level gift on medieval world and thus the price difference might outshine the intent. That's the challage part I had in mind.
For example your example, a cookbook. As far as I remember in medieval times for a price of a book you could also buy a warhorse which was worth around houndred normal horses. Giving Rae such cheap to us, yet expensive to her, item might just backfire as in the moment of reciving it she would feel once again like on royal court, like someone is trying to buy her with expensive gifts, even though she aleady acknowledge about the price differences.
It's not about it being expensive, it's about it being generic, a gift that you would give any girl without consideration about her. The price really doesn't matter. If you want to talk about medieval prices, then . :p

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
Its about what the gift means.
A gold armband, yeah, its expensive, its something nobility would give. But its impersonal. There's no real thought into the gift. There's no consideration of the person receiving the armband.

But if the MC were to, going back to a previous example, give Rae a cookbook and spend time with her trying out some of those recipes, that would mean so much more to her, because the MC is thinking of Rae and specifically what she likes and her interests.

Reactions: Master of Puppets
May 20, 2020
Crazy question, is there any way outside of searching the wardrobe for spare change in pockets to get cash easily? After this latest patch I found I seem to always be just shy of actually having the cash on me and want to run through the game and have enough cash on hand at needed points in the story.

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
Crazy question, is there any way outside of searching the wardrobe for spare change in pockets to get cash easily? After this latest patch I found I seem to always be just shy of actually having the cash on me and want to run through the game and have enough cash on hand at needed points in the story.
No(t yet?). Though as discussed previously, it's a bit deceptive anyway. You only really need the ten bucks or so before Naomi's date since Rae will insist on doing things her way even if you come prepared.

Reactions: Wandering Pyro

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
Its about what the gift means.
A gold armband, yeah, its expensive, its something nobility would give. But its impersonal. There's no real thought into the gift. There's no consideration of the person receiving the armband.
It's not about it being expensive, it's about it being generic, a gift that you would give any girl without consideration about her.
If the gift is given only because it's expensive, then giving person failed miserably. As I wrote, it's about the intent. Gift should be given with good intent in mind, without it is but a item.

In case of Rae however I think the price of a item should be also taken into consideration. She was given many expensive gifts over the years by the nobles without or with bad intent in mind. MC giving her a item, such as cookbook, which may be consider expensive by her might be taken the wrong way, like he is trying the same thing guys before him did. And I don't think MC would want to be seen as another douchebag or to make Rae sad.

If you want to talk about medieval prices, then . :p
Not gonna do the math, but I'll say a year of village income for but a flower? Yep, that's the nobility. :ROFLMAO:

But if the MC were to, going back to a previous example, give Rae a cookbook and spend time with her trying out some of those recipes, that would mean so much more to her, because the MC is thinking of Rae and specifically what she likes and her interests.
Another fun cooking lesson filled with horrible jokes allowing both of them to get closer. You know what? I'm on board with this.

Evil13

Engaged Member
Jun 4, 2019
People bringing up the idea that Rae may consider books to be very expensive, are forgetting that Rae has been studying the MC and his world as much as Cait has. The discussion about the library would have come up, if not in the game, then definitely offscreen as well as the discussion of books being widely available.

Also, lets not forget that Rae is incredibly intelligent. She has seen that the MC comes from a technologically advanced world and has been shown to come up with accurate deductions with just some scant information. If the MC tells her that books are common on his world, than Rae should be able to discern that there is a means to both create and disseminate those books on a large scale.

Again, its the intent of the gift that Rae will recognise, not the cost. Rae has an interest in cooking, especially when the MC helps her. She also has an interest in fashion and in the history of the MC's world. Any item that tapped into those interests will probably mean much more to Rae than yet another gold trinket.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
In case of Rae however I think the price of a item should be also taken into consideration. She was given many expensive gifts over the years by the nobles without or with bad intent in mind. MC giving her a item, such as cookbook, which may be consider expensive by her might be taken the wrong way, like he is trying the same thing guys before him did. And I don't think MC would want to be seen as another douchebag or to make Rae sad.
I disagree. She was given gifts with no thought behind them. It seems obvious that that was the problem, not how much they cost. If we gave her a gift that she likes and we had clearly put some thought into, you really think she's going to get upset because she might perceive it as expensive, despite how often she's marvelled at how rich our world is?

NoStepOnSnek

Apr 29, 2018
People bringing up the idea that Rae may consider books to be very expensive, are forgetting that Rae has been studying the MC and his world as much as Cait has. The discussion about the library would have come up, if not in the game, then definitely offscreen as well as the discussion of books being widely available.
The library is a very good point. Everyone in the house is generally aware of how the "foraging spots" behave so Rae would know the only real cost of that book was MC's time and effort in finding something fitting for her.

acowasto

Nov 6, 2017
I disagree. She was given gifts with no thought behind them. It seems obvious that that was the problem, not how much they cost. If we gave her a gift that she likes and we had clearly put some thought into, you really think she's going to get upset because she might perceive it as expensive, despite how often she's marvelled at how rich our world is?
Of course you can, it's your opinion. Although I do think giving someone a gift and expecting something in return, like loyality, obedience or body, is rather bad intent.

I know my english isn't perfect, I do know I'm making a lot of mistakes writting my posts, but I do think I'm using rather important phrases, like "may be" not "will be", "she might", not "she will". I'm writting she "might be" upset with MC, because she" might" see it in that way, even if she acknoledge of differences. Not she "will be" upset with MC, because she "might" see it that way, even if she she acknowledge of differences.

And yes, I do think she might get upset with MC, because of expensive gift. But not because expensive gift is expensive, but expensive gift is a gift she used to recive from royal douchebags. Thus, MC giving a gift she may consider expensive could be precived by her as another douchebag objectifying her. And not because she wants, but because she is used to it. Thus, expensive gift = another douchebag.

Yes, they studied MC's world, but they only studied it. They are still from the different worlds, from worlds where things work in different way, have different political system, different item accessibility, different prices. Because MC said "You know, those things are pretty common in my world, you can basically buy them in any store" one or two times won't magically stop Cait from happily awing at every single book and Rae from being astonished by fashion magazines until they just get use to it. To MC those things are common, to them they are not. But in order to fully understand MC's world they would have to live there for a while, not just study it from a house in the void, athough it is a good, and safe, place to start.

Also, lets not forget that Rae is incredibly intelligent. She has seen that the MC comes from a technologically advanced world and has been shown to come up with accurate deductions with just some scant information. If the MC tells her that books are common on his world, than Rae should be able to discern that there is a means to both create and disseminate those books on a large scale.
She is because she have, well had, to be in order to survive on many different worlds. But, as I wrote a little above, she won't magically stop being astonished, because of the knowledge. Because she knows books on MC's world are common and pretty cheap for anyone to aquire, doesn't mean she won't consider a cookbook by her's world standards, at least at first.

Again, its the intent of the gift that Rae will recognise, not the cost. Rae has an interest in cooking, especially when the MC helps her. She also has an interest in fashion and in the history of the MC's world. Any item that tapped into those interests will probably mean much more to Rae than yet another gold trinket.
Of course she will recognise the intent, but because of her past, of royal douchebags giving her expensive items , she might consider first the price of a item (expensive = douchebag) and get a bit upset with MC before recognising his intent. But with the rest of your comment I agree.

• Angry
Reactions: Master of Puppets

Cartageno

Devoted Member
Dec 1, 2019
Of course she will recognise the intent, but because of her past, of royal douchebags giving her expensive items , she might consider first the price of a item (expensive = douchebag) and get a bit upset with MC before recognising his intent.
... or she will be tired of all the useless and expensive stuff and rejoice? People are different, I guess Succubi are too.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Of course you can, it's your opinion. Although I do think giving someone a gift and expecting something in return, like loyality, obedience or body, is rather bad intent.
Who said anything about expecting something in return? I'd want to give her a gift because it would make her happy.

-CookieMonster666-

Devoted Member
Nov 20, 2018
All I can say is that I was reminded once again that Rae isn't only a firebrand in bed. Her giddiness at visiting the MC's world and exploring, for me, put her cuteness on the level of Lyriel getting embarrassed by anything lewd and Cait getting tongue-tied by her hyper-speed excitement. Walking arm in arm as Rae explained how she felt about everything gave me diabetes.

4.70 star(s) 318 Votes