ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
any idea how to start grandmother quest?
You need to find her in the park on the weekend, and then follow her into the toilet.. if it doesnt start the quest it might be your corruption is too low.. cant remember without checking what the needed corruption is to start that quest. I dont think there was any other stats / items to start it..

Reactions: chan1986

Space_Cow99

Jul 26, 2019
What browser does people test it on, for some reason with Firefox I can't it get work it won't load up any menu options?

Or scroll down its at stagnant at moment when I start it.

All windows images on side of first start up are black.

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
I think the mother pic stage of the job quest needs a bit of better info... I'm in doubt if I need to get mother drunk myself (there's a beer for sale at the supermarket, maybe I need to give it to her? If so, a hint as to the timing to do this would help, maybe even make it a separate stage with directions). Or maybe you don't need to make her drunk, she gets drunk herself at the neighbours', or even at home? The description has the drink "will have to be light enough to take a pic but while she is still asleep" - this seems to imply some player agency in determining how drunk she gets? If not, and you just have to find her at the right time, this casts a bit of confusion. Meanwhile I tried Sunday all night to get the pic in the master bedroom, but all I could get was the "admire" and "adjust clothes" prompts (the latter of which doesn't seem to have an attached picture and text yet).

reidanota

Nov 1, 2021
My intention is to allow you to make the MC Straight / BI / Sissy / Cuck through different actions.. Also I intend for you to be able to make another npc bi.. and sissification and trans.. Only option for now that I am not keen on going down is making the MC trans.. but like I said the intention is for it all to be optional. So you can avoid what you dont want..
If I can make a suggestion, don't forget the "harem" fetish :p Open relationships rule! I think NTR refers to cheating proper, but what if there were a way to develop a trusting relationship with your partner NPC, where both agree to have an open relationship as long as they don't lie about it? Could be a specific path to dating one or a few NPCs, could be a development of a cheat, could be an option presented to a sissy MC that can't satisfy gf (although the latter case doesn't appeal much to me, feels just like another form of humiliation).

A second suggestion regarding the dom/sub dynamics: most games make it impossible to play both in one playthrough - you're either sub for life, or dom for life, and the other side of the story is barred to you. You mentioned in another post that you want to make it more dynamic, and I understand that from games such as Hornstown, where events and choices give or take sub/dom points, so in the course of one playthrough you can shift between both. The thing with Hornstown is that it feels, perhaps, "too free". It's hard to strike a balance between player agency and some amount of enforced content. Personally, I feel that total lack of player agency, forced NTR, chastity don't strike a chord at all, they're just frustrating. BDSM themes in games usually assume that a submissive MC is just submissive, forgetting that there could be an interesting "brat" role, where the sub cheats or defies the dom (and gets appropriately punished/rewarded).

There's challenge in breaking apart the whole "binary system" without falling into complete indefinition. Apart from sub/dom, there can be a switch; in relationships you can have monogamy and poligamy - but I find open steady relationships more interesting than uncommitted promiscuity. Although a "harem" between a few close friends is interesting, too - instead of being noncommittal, it could be vowed by all parts after the story brings them together in the right way. In sexuality, going from purely str8/gay gameplay to bi gives the player more freedom, but can also take some interest out of the game. I find "bi-curious" more interesting than bi proper, as instead of being free-spirited and agreeing to anything, the player can struggle against their reluctance - breaking boundaries is always interesting. For the same reason, episodes where a str8 or timid character is "forced" to break their sexual boundaries, while not changing their orientation are hot. Easy to do in a sissy path, but I'd insist on what I said before - a completely sissy path where the player has no agency to break the rules imposed on them, or exit that path, can be boring as well, if you feel like you're missing out on other aspects of the game... Tricky to reach a balance between agency and enforcement, but there can be ways to make it interesting. If you implement voluntary prostitution, or voluntary jobs that involve some physical contact (like the classic cafe or diner waiter/waitress), there could also be ways to make them imposed on the MC, by blackmail or as punishment? Maybe a dare or wager quest with school mates could be a way to force the MC to experiment beyond their roleplayed boundaries.

Finally, if the engine issue were to be still open, although I've seen someone share their dislike for qsp (which I like), I'd mention the Awesomium version of this. Seems to do exactly what you tried to achieve with html, a fixed layout which is also resizable, hierarchical navigation, menus, pictures and text boxes that can be used to avoid scrolling. Looks solid from the only game I've seen that uses it, World between Worlds. Also, while respecting others' opinion, I've fiddled a little bit with qsp and, being no coder myself, been able to add a few hacks to the game, because it's so easy to edit; the games I know that update more frequently are, by far, the qsp games, some with multiple updates in the same day, which I assume is possible because by design. It's a great way to engage a community around a game, especially while it's still an early WIP.

Just some food for thought, thanks for making this game and wish you luck with it, has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
I think the mother pic stage of the job quest needs a bit of better info... I'm in doubt if I need to get mother drunk myself (there's a beer for sale at the supermarket, maybe I need to give it to her? If so, a hint as to the timing to do this would help, maybe even make it a separate stage with directions). Or maybe you don't need to make her drunk, she gets drunk herself at the neighbours', or even at home? The description has the drink "will have to be light enough to take a pic but while she is still asleep" - this seems to imply some player agency in determining how drunk she gets? If not, and you just have to find her at the right time, this casts a bit of confusion. Meanwhile I tried Sunday all night to get the pic in the master bedroom, but all I could get was the "admire" and "adjust clothes" prompts (the latter of which doesn't seem to have an attached picture and text yet).
Ok.. the mother part... So you dont need to buy the drink (that is for another quest, If that was needed I would put that in the hint).
You are in the right ball park.. so the mothers bedroom, but it needs to be light.. is hinting at early morning but before she gets up.
I dont want to say its 5am.. but its 5am lol.... I do need to check some of the hints.. I did try to work through all of them when i made the QOL edition.. as some were wrong in the first release, or didnt mention a stat needed.. Off the top of my head, this one just needs to be right place at right time (once you are on that step).. only things you need are a mobile (but that is needed to start the quest).. and possibly the right amount of corruption.. which if that is needed, I hopefully did state that on the hint rollover..

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
What browser does people test it on, for some reason with Firefox I can't it get work it won't load up any menu options?

Or scroll down its at stagnant at moment when I start it.

All windows images on side of first start up are black.
I have run it on firefox and chrome... Are you pressing the create button (can you see the create button).. when you press that, the game should kick in... Are you running incognito mode in browser? I dont know if that affects the game being able to create and save the data..

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Nice game
cannot wait for the second update with more content of sister
Thanks.. I am working day and night (literally!) I am trying to polish some of the current engine features at the moment.. Next is to start work on more content.. The sister is by far the current most developed of the NPCs, but at the same time, is also one I have a lot of content to come for.. The number of NPCs is over 50 at the moment and the potential directions for some of them is 2 or 3 fold.. so when it comes to which NPCs and what type of content is coming out in future releases... I will be working with 3 things in mind.. What is being asked for on here.. What content I have and ideas I already have, and what any patreons are asking for.. I am going to be putting out a poll/open comment on my patreon asking where they would like to see the next load of content (this only feels fair as they are helping to fund the project going forward)...

Again thanks for you positive comment :)

Reactions: chan1986 and Lerd0

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
If I can make a suggestion, don't forget the "harem" fetish :p Open relationships rule! I think NTR refers to cheating proper, but what if there were a way to develop a trusting relationship with your partner NPC, where both agree to have an open relationship as long as they don't lie about it? Could be a specific path to dating one or a few NPCs, could be a development of a cheat, could be an option presented to a sissy MC that can't satisfy gf (although the latter case doesn't appeal much to me, feels just like another form of humiliation).

A second suggestion regarding the dom/sub dynamics: most games make it impossible to play both in one playthrough - you're either sub for life, or dom for life, and the other side of the story is barred to you. You mentioned in another post that you want to make it more dynamic, and I understand that from games such as Hornstown, where events and choices give or take sub/dom points, so in the course of one playthrough you can shift between both. The thing with Hornstown is that it feels, perhaps, "too free". It's hard to strike a balance between player agency and some amount of enforced content. Personally, I feel that total lack of player agency, forced NTR, chastity don't strike a chord at all, they're just frustrating. BDSM themes in games usually assume that a submissive MC is just submissive, forgetting that there could be an interesting "brat" role, where the sub cheats or defies the dom (and gets appropriately punished/rewarded).

There's challenge in breaking apart the whole "binary system" without falling into complete indefinition. Apart from sub/dom, there can be a switch; in relationships you can have monogamy and poligamy - but I find open steady relationships more interesting than uncommitted promiscuity. Although a "harem" between a few close friends is interesting, too - instead of being noncommittal, it could be vowed by all parts after the story brings them together in the right way. In sexuality, going from purely str8/gay gameplay to bi gives the player more freedom, but can also take some interest out of the game. I find "bi-curious" more interesting than bi proper, as instead of being free-spirited and agreeing to anything, the player can struggle against their reluctance - breaking boundaries is always interesting. For the same reason, episodes where a str8 or timid character is "forced" to break their sexual boundaries, while not changing their orientation are hot. Easy to do in a sissy path, but I'd insist on what I said before - a completely sissy path where the player has no agency to break the rules imposed on them, or exit that path, can be boring as well, if you feel like you're missing out on other aspects of the game... Tricky to reach a balance between agency and enforcement, but there can be ways to make it interesting. If you implement voluntary prostitution, or voluntary jobs that involve some physical contact (like the classic cafe or diner waiter/waitress), there could also be ways to make them imposed on the MC, by blackmail or as punishment? Maybe a dare or wager quest with school mates could be a way to force the MC to experiment beyond their roleplayed boundaries.

Finally, if the engine issue were to be still open, although I've seen someone share their dislike for qsp (which I like), I'd mention the Awesomium version of this. Seems to do exactly what you tried to achieve with html, a fixed layout which is also resizable, hierarchical navigation, menus, pictures and text boxes that can be used to avoid scrolling. Looks solid from the only game I've seen that uses it, World between Worlds. Also, while respecting others' opinion, I've fiddled a little bit with qsp and, being no coder myself, been able to add a few hacks to the game, because it's so easy to edit; the games I know that update more frequently are, by far, the qsp games, some with multiple updates in the same day, which I assume is possible because by design. It's a great way to engage a community around a game, especially while it's still an early WIP.

Just some food for thought, thanks for making this game and wish you luck with it, has a lot of potential.

Harem fetish, yes... The MC will be able to get into a mixed number of relationships, depending on which NPC is your selected GF.. Some will want you to be faithful (which doesnt mean you have to be, but if you get caught will mean problems).. while others will be more open to you going off and trying stuff, and others will be going off and doing their own thing(cuck).. and some will be wanting to bring others into your relationship.. while if you and gf are both sub.. then some more dom NPCs might fancy them selves a part of what you got..

Like you said there is a fine balance between locking the player down a path.. which means a replay through if you want different content... I think based on how I have currently worked the stats and sub/dom ones in particular.. The player is going to be able to push certain stats one way which depending on combos will lead them to discover certain quests.. while flipping one of them stats will open up other content.. The only content that defo is not going to be accessed without a replay is things like I am currently working on a quest where you are going to have 4 branches at a certain point to solve a problem. Each branch is going to be heavy on a particular kink, and will then open up future quests with those npcs or not.. Some of those NPC quests are going to be locked out if you choose a different branch.. this kinda makes sense, to real life.. in that the choices you make have real life consequences.. Some of these consquences cant then be recreated by other means.. However some other choices you make in other quests might also open up some of those same doors....
Its hard to explain.. so hope that makes sense.. but I think I know what i mean... (i think)

Things in this game are never going to be black or white.. its going to be shades of grey.. But it will be upto the players own tastes to engage or avoid content they dont like..

Regarding the engine.. the one way for me to do it, is for me to build it myself 100%... because the last few days, I have totally rewriten parts of the engine.. and like that I can do that, without think, ooo this doesnt let me do x or y..
Its probably not the easiest way to do it.. but now that I have.. I built a new quest yesterday and all of the structure is there to deal with that.. I just have to define the parameters and place the media where I want it... If the quest is a more complex one, then I can add a function and code that follows a certain pattern and that also works..
So I think that as they game gets to v0.3 / 4 it will be less about altering the engine and more about just adding content..

Thanks for you comments, really good read this morning :)

Sergellato

Jan 16, 2022
I would love to be able to buy a server to host the game long term.. but to be fair until my patreon bring in $$$ I cant afford that sorry... Honestly the laptop and version of dreamweaver I am building the game on.. are both coming on 10 years old.

At the moment the game is reletively small for a download.. but it it starts getting over 4gb.. then I might have to consider an online version also..
Gamcore is free

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
find her but nothing happening and got high corruption on her?
Ok spotted the issue.. a bugfix is being added to the front page now.. wont need a fresh game create.. just make sure you save.. and then you can reload with the new html file.

ZennyDarkstar

Game Developer
Jul 29, 2023
Its been a week since the very raw first edition of the game dropped here.. and what a week. Really enjoyed reading all the comments and constructive feed back.
I have since released the QOL edition which I hope helped to balance some of the issues.. and a few bug fixes.
I have had my first few patreons which I have to say has totally blown me away.. So glad that people have already seen enough in this early stage of the game to help support its development. I am updating the patreon regularly with info (that all can read) of how the work on v0.2 is going.. And will continue to post there of what I am working on and when it gets closer to the date, when I hope to release it next version..
I plan to put a poll (or open question) to the patreons about a week before each release to ask for idea of where they would like to see content. It is important for me, while I have some big ideas of stories / quests / events I want to add, also I have some focus on what you guys all want to see.. I will also be reading comments here and taking info from that too, so please dont feel you have to pay to get heard.
I am really glad of the likes the first post is getting as this is helping to raise its status here and doing so getting it seen by more people.. So I know its early days, but if you feel you can support by liking the thread that does help and is appriciated :)

So again thanks to all that have made suggestions and given feedback.. I hope you will see when v0.2 drops that you have already influenced the game for the better! :)

2.40 star(s) 18 Votes