Mod RPGM A mod loader for RPG Maker MV

1d51

May 14, 2022
Hi everyone, I wanted to share something I've put together recently. It's a mod loader for games made with RPG Maker MV, such as Odyssey of Gianna. You can see the details in , but basically it uses the xdiff algorithm to merge the JSON files that make up the database of a game made on this engine. It looks like it might actually be useful, so I wanted to see if anyone felt like trying it, to load more than one mod on their favorite RPG Maker MV game.

Mods tend to be incompatible with each other for two reasons: they package a whole section of the game's database to deliver their changes (when they really only need a fraction of it), and they use the same ID for their additions to the game, such as items or weapons. The first issue is what this plugin tackles for now, while the second issue can only really be worked around by having mod authors agree on who "owns" what ID.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Darksempaii

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
while the second issue can only really be worked around by having mod authors agree on who "owns" what ID.
Cool work! But this line gave me vietnam-war flashbacks to the good old (ie. fucking terrible) days of Illusion game mods, when everyone's random stuff was overwriting other mods... :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: 1d51