godscoper

Jul 16, 2023
Well... just completed the update and truth to be told I didn't like the last of the update. I mean...even if mom isn't a li but she's still MC's mom so... if she's forced to work for John even for a day and MC can't do anything and whine like a pathetic child like always and goes with his father to the other town as mentioned then I think it's best for me to leave this game from the next update cuz... I understand that John is evil and manipulating everyone easily but MC even after knowing everything what happens in the job can't do anything but be a baby and gets pushed around by John or his parents then I'd say he rather be a sissy in the game from the next update than being a man who even can't protect his mother
I agree dev is taking it to far if it that happens. I wont stick around either if I find out the protagonist's mother to John. I really don't want to see the protagonist's mother being trained by John

Optimus69420

Apr 11, 2023
John literally holds the life of someone dear to her in his hands, her strength means shit. I honestly wish the story would end, it's goind down for a while now and uses the some of the worst writing tools it can.
The story needs challenges or even obstacles to be good. MC (Us) can't always have things or people be handed to MC (Us) like a silver platter. Her strength does matter in the story because MC's (Our) mom could potentially be the first woman to say no to John with his sexual intentions while the rest have been saying, "yes" to John.

If you're asking me Dev Orb did a fantastic job with this ending because we're talking about it. I've never seen this level of engagement since a majority of users here thought Nicole had sex with John after Parts 11 and 12. If this was Dev Orb's true intention then he has done a terrific job.

I don't know what Dev Orb has in store for us in the next update but I can't wait!

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
I'm really confused with this "Marilyn's spell"? I'm on the path where "Chloe isn't my GF" and as far as I can remember Marilyn did not apply any spell to MC (Us), Chloe, and even Nicole.

I'm curious about this spell and the 'Chloe is Strange path'. Correct me if I'm wrong because I haven't played this path but from reading from previous posts in this thread in this path wasn't Marilyn's spell intention for Nicole to fall in love with her but instead backfired to Chloe falling in love with Beeman?
If I recall correctly, Marilyn confesses to MC about her spell during Day 13 in their talk that only occurs when the game is in the Chloe Is Strange route. In her confession, Marilyn details that she took advantage of the moment when MC was asleep while she entered his bedroom for the first time through the window (Day 4). For that reason Marilyn suddenly appeared in that wet dream of MC where Nicole was giving him a handjob.

Since that morning scene on Day 4 is an inevitable event that happens in every possible route of the game, my theory is that Marilyn performed that spell in every route of the game with the intention of causing Nicole to progressively fall in love with MC.

However, we only know about the spell because in the Chloe Is Strange route, MC doubted Chloe's strange behavior with both himself and Beeman from the afternoon of Day 10, later confirmed because MC found a magic circle under Chloe's bed when he was looking for his cell phone after the sex he had with Nicole during the afternoon of Day 13 (after this discovery, he immediately goes to Marilyn's house so that she can confess everything to him).

Considering that in the other two main routes of the game (Chloe is still MC's girlfriend, and Chloe is no longer MC's girlfriend), MC has had any reason to look under Chloe's bed and neither he nor Marilyn see anything too strange in Chloe's behavior, there is no reason for him to suspect any magic tricks on Marilyn's part, nor for Marilyn to suspect that her spell might have gone wrong, since in all possible routes Nicole Heavens is effectively progressively falling in love with MC, and in the route where Chloe is no longer MC's girlfriend but isn't strange, MC doesn't bother to watch Chloe anymore because he's completely given up on trying to revive that relationship (furthermore, in that route it is easy to justify the new relationship between Chloe and Beeman given the obvious abandonment suffered by Chloe because her boyfriend preferred to be with her mom in every sense).

marvelfreak3000

Sep 27, 2023
The thing that gets me is that there really seems to be no end in sight in bringing John down and after 14 Chapters we have made little progress on that front it seems no matter how many steps the MC takes forward in taking John down there is 20 steps back. I really can't wait to put him in his place BUT how can you take down someone who is always 5 steps ahead and impossible to even rattle?

Glorious Cat

Jul 25, 2017
In the end, John was that kid on xbox live who, when you beat him up on <insert game title>, would go ballistic and start insulting you by saying “ I'll fuck your mom”...

Internet was a mistake :HideThePain:

Optimus69420

Apr 11, 2023
If I recall correctly, Marilyn confesses to MC about her spell during Day 13 in their talk that only occurs when the game is in the Chloe Is Strange route. In her confession, Marilyn details that she took advantage of the moment when MC was asleep while she entered his bedroom for the first time through the window (Day 4). For that reason Marilyn suddenly appeared in that wet dream of MC where Nicole was giving him a handjob.

Since that morning scene on Day 4 is an inevitable event that happens in every possible route of the game, my theory is that Marilyn performed that spell in every route of the game with the intention of causing Nicole to progressively fall in love with MC.

However, we only know about the spell because in the Chloe Is Strange route, MC doubted Chloe's strange behavior with both himself and Beeman from the afternoon of Day 10, later confirmed because MC found a magic circle under Chloe's bed when he was looking for his cell phone after the sex he had with Nicole during the afternoon of Day 13 (after this discovery, he immediately goes to Marilyn's house so that she can confess everything to him).

Considering that in the other two main routes of the game (Chloe is still MC's girlfriend, and Chloe is no longer MC's girlfriend), MC has had any reason to look under Chloe's bed and neither he nor Marilyn see anything too strange in Chloe's behavior, there is no reason for him to suspect any magic tricks on Marilyn's part, nor for Marilyn to suspect that her spell might have gone wrong, since in all possible routes Nicole Heavens is effectively progressively falling in love with MC, and in the route where Chloe is no longer MC's girlfriend but isn't strange, MC doesn't bother to watch Chloe anymore because he's completely given up on trying to revive that relationship (furthermore, in that route it is easy to justify the new relationship between Chloe and Beeman given the obvious abandonment suffered by Chloe because her boyfriend preferred to be with her mom in every sense).
So you're saying is that, that Marilyn's spell in all possible routes, in theory, that she purposefully cast a spell on MC (Us) for Nicole to fall in love MC (Us) and not for herself (since Marilyn has a crush on Nicole too)?

If this theory is true and if Marilyn's spell does apply to all routes especially in 'Chloe is still MC's (My) GF' and 'Chloe is not MC's (My) GF" then all the efforts of MC (Us) that has done romantically to win over Nicole like MC (Us) or Nicole saying "I love you" to each other would've been a waste and meaningless, especially for players who are in the love path with Nicole. Because it's all because of a spell. What happens if the spell is broken? Does that mean Nicole will end her relationship with MC when she wakes up, or even worse she never had feelings for MC (Us) in the beginning or she might even not care or be happy and even be surprised when her belly goes big and maybe think that the child she's carrying is John's.

starkj

May 17, 2022
Yeah i feel like it will take a while until this game is finished and MC finds a way to win over John, i think he will end up in jail but how, we dont know yet, also there's the matter of who was that woman MC saw stealing at Magic Grand and what she stole.

EZ8lt

Engaged Member
Dec 24, 2019
The story needs challenges or even obstacles to be good. MC (Us) can't always have things or people be handed to MC (Us) like a silver platter. Her strength does matter in the story because MC's (Our) mom could potentially be the first woman to say no to John with his sexual intentions while the rest have been saying, "yes" to John.

If you're asking me Dev Orb did a fantastic job with this ending because we're talking about it. I've never seen this level of engagement since a majority of users here thought Nicole had sex with John after Parts 11 and 12. If this was Dev Orb's true intention then he has done a terrific job.

I don't know what Dev Orb has in store for us in the next update but I can't wait!
Obstacles are one thing, unmountable mountains are another, and this is the case with the latest development, because to climb that you'll need to do asspulls. That's why you should never write yourself into a corner. It already happened with Beeman and his superman like resiliance, or the main character who was dumb enough to go up against someone with a gun a second time even though he already knew what he's like, without any sort of plan beforehand. The MC shows pretty much zero brains for a while now, so we should believe that the dumbfuck kid just goes up against the super genius evil, and still wins, without the story looking dumb. Sure.

Just because you talk about something, it doesn't mean it's good, you'll talk about things that are just bad as well, just look at GoT S8.

J0K3RXXX

Dec 7, 2018
So you're saying is that, that Marilyn's spell in all possible routes, in theory, that she purposefully cast a spell on MC (Us) for Nicole to fall in love MC (Us) and not for herself (since Marilyn has a crush on Nicole too)?

If this theory is true and if Marilyn's spell does apply to all routes especially in 'Chloe is still MC's (My) GF' and 'Chloe is not MC's (My) GF" then all the efforts of MC (Us) that has done romantically to win over Nicole like MC (Us) or Nicole saying "I love you" to each other would've been a waste and meaningless, especially for players who are in the love path with Nicole. Because it's all because of a spell. What happens if the spell is broken? Does that mean Nicole will end her relationship with MC when she wakes up, or even worse she never had feelings for MC (Us) in the beginning or she might even not care or be happy and even be surprised when her belly goes big and maybe think that the child she's carrying is John's.
I think I made a mistake explaining my theory, which is that this spell has been practiced in all the routes, but that doesn't mean that Nicole is the one affected, but that Chloe is the one who is really affected. Keep in mind that each of the major routes I mention is not based on the number of Nicole corruption points but on the type of relationship between MC and Chloe:
  • In the route where Chloe is still MC's girlfriend, the spell affects Chloe causing her to discard any trace of MC hiding something from her or cheating on her with someone else. As Nicole is actually falling progressively in love with MC, Marilyn would think that her spell has worked, but it has actually affected Chloe. Another indication of this is that even if the player chooses to have MC break up with Chloe during the Senior Blank Night of Day 21, she accepts it so calmly, so much so that despite all this she wants him to accompany her to her room so she can sleep peacefully. Furthermore, the fact that MC doesn't spend much time with her because of his secret affair with Nicole causes the spell to not be as strong as in the routes where Chloe has her secret relationship with Beeman.
  • In the route where Chloe is no longer MC's girlfriend but she isn't strange, at least to MC, the spell affects Chloe causing her to accentuate her relationship with Beeman to the point of becoming an affair, but as MC has already given up any attempt to fix it, they will break up by Day 7 and he will not see anything strange when comparing her behaviors with both himself and Beeman. As Nicole is actually falling progressively in love with MC, Marilyn would believe that her spell has worked, but it has actually affected Chloe. Marilyn might believe that Chloe's affair with Beeman is a form of revenge against MC, knowing the obvious enmity between the two.
Also, there's another detail to consider: if Nicole was really the one affected by Marilyn's spell, would she allow herself to not be near MC during the four days of the timeskip? And add to that possibility the fact of the mood swings so typical of pregnancy. Instead, remember how worried and needy Chloe was when Beeman disappeared on the two major routes where she has the affair with her hairy History teacher.

As for the real reason for the spell, which is that Nicole falls progressively in love with Marilyn and not with MC, it is logical to think so knowing her lesbian inclinations, but I think it would require a much longer process. I think that if that were the case, that would be the reason why she has supported MC's affair with Nicole from the beginning, because in this way she could progressively corrupt her until a moment comes when, either through normal or magical manipulation, she manages to get both MC and Nicole to accept that she participate in their relationship as another member. But that hypothetical process might require more spells, so I don't think the Day 4 spell includes Nicole starting to feel attracted to Marilyn, but it does involve her starting to trust her (remember how well-matched they were when MC discovered them in Nicole's front yard after he came Heavens's home from his new work for the first time in his uniform).

4.30 star(s) 216 Votes