Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
AoA_SM_Cover.jpg

Overview:
In-game mod for A.O.A. Academy
Multi-mod adds support for save descriptions, choice guide, custom stat screens, custom scene gallery, custom settings, custom fonts and more.

As always if you like the game please show your support for the Developer whose respective links are found below.

*** The latest SanchoMod Core v6a ***
Another massive overhaul of core mod with 1,000's of cumulative hours in development

Updated: 06/04/2022
Game/Creator: A.O.A. Academy / TLGGAMES /
Modder: Sancho1969 F95
Mod Version: Ch5 Gold
Game Version: Ch5 Gold
Language: English

Features:
  • Improved aesthetics with animated mod menus/screens, all fully customizable to tailor your personal experience.
  • Too many story branches got you down 'cause you can't remember which of your saves is which? I gotcha covered. Includes the Original SanchoMod save description feature. Often imitated (including the use of my GUI buttons) the SanchoSave is more intelligent and efficient, saving you keystrokes as it autoloads the save slot descriptions and it also allows you to completely escape the process of saving if you wish (I've personally not seen this feature with other imitations). Feature can be toggled on/off anytime as desired.
  • Adds multiple exhaustive stats screens always accessible via the MiniMenu or Options menu. Resizable, toggle-enabled, various formats, and more.
  • Adds in-game walkthrough (ChoiceGuide) noting all variable changes and highlighting important choices. Can be toggled on/off at anytime, play as YOU want to play. You are not forced to view spoilers if you do not wish.
  • Multiple opacity and text sizing options to customize your experience including dialogue boxes, text and fonts, QuickMenu sizing and format versions, and more. All can be toggled on/off as desired, again allowing you even more control to tailor your experience.
  • Adds a custom fully unlocked scene gallery (SanchoGallery) that runs completely independent.
  • Adds professionally coded custom cheats (SanchoCheats) if applicable (varies from port to port).
  • Adds the ability to view multiple scenes (SanchoSplits) if menu choice has a scene/route split
  • Guide for Phone Tasks, Phone Chat, FreeRoam and more. Featuring the debut of the all new dynamic FreeRoamGuide.
  • Too many new features to list.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:
SaveFixer:
(Using SanchoModded saves in an unmodded game)
Change-Log:

Current revision: 06/11/2022 16:32 CST
Download: -

Early Build Teaser Video
SanchoMod GUI/Features
AOA SM B05p1.jpg AOA SM B05p2.jpg AOA SM B05p3.jpg AOA SM B05p4.jpg AOA SM B05p5.jpg
AOA SM B05p6a.jpg AOA SM B05p6b.jpg AOA SM B05p6c.jpg AOA SM B05p6d.jpg
Dynamic ChoiceGuide
AOA SM B05b3.jpg AOA SM B05b4.jpg
Dynamic FreeRoam Guide
AOA SM B05b1.jpg AOA SM B05b2.jpg AOA SM B05b7.jpg
AOA SM B05d1.jpg AOA SM B05d2.jpg AOA SM B05d3.jpg AOA SM B05d4.jpg AOA SM B05d5.jpg
SanchoSplits (split scenes)
AOA SM B05a1.jpg AOA SM B05a2.jpg AOA SM B05a3.jpg AOA SM B05a4.jpg

(Screenshot below explains the SanchoMod interface/features)
OTR D01a.jpg
If you enjoy my mods and guides, please consider smashing the "(y)like" to give me support. You won't see links or advertisements in any of my mods, all I ask is for your gratitude if you enjoy my work. Feel free to follow my profile where I post new mods, updates, and status of works-in-progress. If you find this particular mod beneficial and/or enjoyable, consider leaving a proper review and a "vote" so others might benefit from your personal experience. My personal thanks (as always) to the hardworking devs, compressors, and admins. Kindest regards and be well.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Reserved for pending FAQ

The main newest feature sets within the mod (for those already accustomed to SanchoMod) are the following:
  1. SanchoDiaBox toggle (found in the Options screen). Seamlessly changes from OEM dialogue box to SanchoMod custom.
  2. QuickMenu alignment (found in the Options screen). New bonus feature - The alignment changes dynamically depending on whether the OEM or Sancho dialogue box is on screen.
  3. SaveDescription toggle (found in the Options screen)
  4. SanchoAlerts (isolated custom notifications that are completely separated from RenPy's default notifications, toggled on/off along with the normal ChoiceGuide). New bonus feature - now receive alerts of potential scene/path splits as save marker points.
  5. SanchoGallery (improved efficiency and handling of isolated gallery, isolated MC renaming, improved start and ending screen transitions and more). New bonus feature - The "SanchoMod Menu" opacity slider (that normally controls the opacity of the MiniStat screen in-game) now controls the dialogue box opacity while in a scene replay. When back in-game it switches back to it's default of adjusting the MiniStat screen opacity.
  6. SanchoCheats (found via the Options screen). Professionally and properly coded cheats that are rock-solid, including a reset button for stat changes that works intuitively and correctly every time. You asked for it, you got it...cheater.
I'll address each and other VN specific features in detail in this post (which is currently being drafted). I'll update this post periodically with those details and deep-dive into explanations as necessary.

Until then please enjoy and please consider leaving a review, a vote, or both. I'll never ask you for your "donation", I only ask for your appreciation if you enjoy my work. Best regards to you and yours.

alberto222

Sep 22, 2018
Hi,

After following the steps and putting the mod in the Games folder I tried running the game but it doesn't open. Instead the below 'traceback' notepad opens.

I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
File "game/SanchoMod/SanchoMod AOA Ch5G.rpy", line 3604, in <module>
File "renpy/common/00stylepreferences.rpy", line 160, in _m1_00stylepreferences__get_style_preference
return persistent._style_preferences[preference]
KeyError: u'diafont'

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Arcturius alberto222
Good morning. My apologies for not replying sooner. The thread was approved for public viewing while I was asleep and wasn't aware (as usual with a new thread). I had a snippet of older test code which I've removed that causes this error with some folks and not others. The snippet has been removed and fresh links are in OP.

Again, apologies and regards.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 short question before i play too far should I download the Meushi hotfix or do I not need it thanks to your mod?
All I can tell you is that I fixed all the bugs I personally found. I did not check against anyone else's work (I honestly don't look at anyone else's efforts so I remain unbiased in my modding). I don't think you can implement any other "fix" since it will overwrite or otherwise change which scripts are read negating the mods' ChoiceGuide and other features. It's meant to be installed solo. Let me know if you find any issues and I'll resolve of course but I cleaned up a boatload of errors just from what I discovered while populating the mod.

Arcturius

Jun 13, 2020
Thanks for the answer I'm more than reassured and if I come across something I'll be happy to give you feedback

p.s so far I can only say it's great fun and helps a lot (but that was to be expected from your mod history ^^)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
After following the steps and putting the mod in the Games folder I tried running the game but it doesn't open. Instead the below 'traceback' notepad opens.
I feel I need to let you know what anomalies you may find due to me having to strip out this particular line of code so you don't get this error. To put it in basic terms, when you adjust the font size in-game (or when the SanchoOptions does it automatically for you when changing fonts from OEM/SanchoFont) that setting is retained in the actual save file when you save your progress (it's a RenPy thing since I use a variable). The issue can result that, if you at a later time, change the font from one to the other then reload that previous save the text size will either be very small or very large respectively. This is due to the ~10pt difference in font sizing between the OEM font and SanchoFont. This drastic amount of difference occurs in a lower percentage of VNs but it still is a thing I am trying to account for.

The code that was stripped worked to alleviate this anomaly completely as it informed RenPy to automatically adjust for the font last chosen after a previous save is loaded, therefore keeping your font sizes in check. It works 100% EXCEPT if the style variable I use isn't already in the persistent file. The reason? RenPy by default actually saves the font you last selected in the persistent. I wish it didn't but it does and always has.

I'm able to resolve this during scene replays and a few other instances but the issue lies in loading a previous save. That's the only chance of this anomaly occurring in the mods current state. I'll sort it out but just know it's a thing (so the mod is not perfect yet, I'm aware).

Apologies for the wall of text but explaining the issue is difficult without some additional background information for some folks. Regards.

Last edited:

Craftyy

Feb 18, 2022
Hey man, just wanted to say I've played through the first few chapters and everything is working perfectly! amazing work as always buddy :)

Reactions: Sancho1969

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Your mods are really incredible and the fact that uninstalling them with the method you provided won't ruin any saves makes this even better. I tried another mod for A.O.A but I encountered errors whenever I tried to load some saves (Mac user btw) yet this one works perfectly fine! Definitely won't be uninstalling this either haha, you've given us so many useful features. I'll also be looking forward to your mods on the other games I'll be playing. Thank you so much for your hard work :)

Last edited:
  • Love

Duane Porter

Feb 15, 2018
Hi Sancho1969 - I know you are busy. I am not sure how I can quest one of your outstanding Mods/guides. Pale Carnations is the one I am asking about. Anyway you could work one of your mods?

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
I understand that you're busy with the mods you've been working on so I hope you don't mind me taking a little bit of your time here :) I encountered an error during the talk with Jenny and Jade about a threesome. To make it easier to remember or find, it's located in the second part of the dialogue under the bJenRoute2 if statement under C4 Epilogue if you follow Meushi's walkthrough (page 52).

I've only got the mod installed and nothing else. I should be able to pick a choice here but I can't since I have to ignore the error. I'm not sure if this is related to the mod or the game itself but, if you don't mind, I'd like to know if there's a fix or a way to get around this.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I understand that you're busy with the mods you've been working on so I hope you don't mind me taking a little bit of your time here :) I encountered an error during the talk with Jenny and Jade about a threesome. To make it easier to remember or find, it's located in the second part of the dialogue under the bJenRoute2 if statement under C4 Epilogue if you follow Meushi's walkthrough (page 52).

I've only got the mod installed and nothing else. I should be able to pick a choice here but I can't since I have to ignore the error. I'm not sure if this is related to the mod or the game itself but, if you don't mind, I'd like to know if there's a fix or a way to get around this.
Let me check. It would help if you attach the "traceback.txt" file in a post (don't copy/paste it but physically attach it).

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. Give me a bit to correct, compile and upload a fix.
Edit2: Fixed, give me a bit to update the DL links. I'll reply back when that's done.
1654982937430.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Lumi24

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I'd like to know if there's a fix or a way to get around this.
Fresh DL links in the OP. Re-download, install overwriting when requested, start VN and load a save at some point prior to the error. Done. Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Lumi24

Lumi24

Mar 21, 2022
Let me check. It would help if you attach the "traceback.txt" file in a post (don't copy/paste it but physically attach it).

Edit: Nevermind. I found it. Give me a bit to correct, compile and upload a fix.
Edit2: Fixed, give me a bit to update the DL links. I'll reply back when that's done.
View attachment 1865321
I'm sorry I didn't attach the traceback, I was busy doing something else so I didn't have time to see the reply, but I'll keep that in mind for any reports in the future :)

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Hi Sancho1969 - I know you are busy. I am not sure how I can quest one of your outstanding Mods/guides. Pale Carnations is the one I am asking about. Anyway you could work one of your mods?
Who knows. If I'm bored, maybe. I have a few others on my list that aren't published yet although I'm starting to see an issue with these public distributions... I've now more than 20 active titles that obviously fans want updated ASAP when a VN is updated. I'm so used to working on my own time schedule that the demand will have a limit at some point. In other words there's only so many mods I can distribute publicly and insure the integrity of SanchoMod's expectations. Sure, I've a boatload of titles that are modded that aren't public, remember I do this for my personal use as a priority. The thing is if I haven't had time to play an update of a VN I follow then I don't update it yet (since it's not publicly distributed it's all on my "off time").

This is a long-winded way of saying I'm close to the point where adding new VN's just won't be practical if the quality of the mod is to be insured... plus adding new content/features. I'm close to the point that either a VN would either need to be completed by a dev or I simply drop the mod due to a demand issue.

Anyway, never say never but hopefully that will give you some insight on my status of public catalog. Ironically some of my best mods (imo) are the least popular. I think the work I did on Eternum, HardToLove, SummersGone, & ChasingSunsets for example are absolutely tighter than a drum. Who knows, I might have to bump a title I like off the public catalog at some point due to demand just to make room.

Regards.