• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Mod Ren'Py A.O.A. Academy [Ch.5 Gold] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
when is the new update? :unsure:
At this point it looks like when hell freezes over. See the VN thread... there's a boatload of speculation but the dev pulled everything out of nowhere right before the update was due. I have no new news personally.

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Excuse me, do you know the latest news of AOA? This is one of my favorite games, I'm so sad to hear it's been abandoned, I've been losing sleep for days, I'm Chinese, so my English is not good, sorry if it bothers you.
soprano31 said: when is the new update?
At this point it looks like when hell freezes over. See the VN thread... there's a boatload of speculation but the dev pulled everything out of nowhere right before the update was due. I have no new news personally.
From everything I've seen, there's no reliable source of information about the dev. Everything appears to be speculation. The person just ghosted everyone without leaving a note.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
From everything I've seen, there's no reliable source of information about the dev. Everything appears to be speculation. The person just ghosted everyone without leaving a note.
Pete / Repeat :p Don't waste your time replying to those bud. That new user above you just created an account 1 day ago and created a post in a thread that the question was specifically answered exactly one post above theirs. There was zero attempt of the "user" to find the answer...imho. Regards.

• Haha
Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Pete / Repeat :p Don't waste your time replying to those bud. That new user above you just created an account 1 day ago and created a post in a thread that the question was specifically answered exactly one post above theirs. There was zero attempt of the "user" to find the answer...imho. Regards.
LOL ... it's not even there anymore ...

• Haha
Reactions: Sancho1969

vandex111

Jan 27, 2022
Any idea how to get this to work with Mac? I realize that it’s only for Ch.5 Gold but I can’t find any Ch.5 Gold downloads for Mac. Instead I am only seeing Ch.5 Beta.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Any idea how to get this to work with Mac? I realize that it’s only for Ch.5 Gold but I can’t find any Ch.5 Gold downloads for Mac. Instead I am only seeing Ch.5 Beta.
The only proper compressed I know of is for PC here by my bud FAP369ZONE. Maybe you can use it and make your own Mac version.... or trade that sucker in :ROFLMAO: :p. Honestly I don't keep up with Mac so I don't have a resource for you bud.

Reactions: FAP369ZONE

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I didn't mention in the previous post (and you may have already thought of it) but why not simply make a Windoze virtual machine on your Mac? Easy-peasy and you can then have the best of both worlds for all sorts of goodies. Just a thought. Regards.

charliex1969

Jul 16, 2023
Does your mod tweak any of the dialogue? I played a few un modded scenes and like the game, but find the developers phrasing a bit awkward in English. Since the are translation mods for games into other languages entirely, I’m wondering if you were able to rephrase any of the original developer’s dialog to sound more….natural? If not, is this something you’d consider for a future version, assuming you’re not done with this mod completely?

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Does your mod tweak any of the dialogue? I played a few un modded scenes and like the game, but find the developers phrasing a bit awkward in English. Since the are translation mods for games into other languages entirely, I’m wondering if you were able to rephrase any of the original developer’s dialog to sound more….natural? If not, is this something you’d consider for a future version, assuming you’re not done with this mod completely?
Generally speaking there's no SanchoMod that changes/rewrites dialogue. The exception I make is gross misspellings (when I feel like it) and allowing the Player to change the name of specific LI's. It's just not my wheelhouse and I don't really have interest in script rewriting. I'm a tinkerer so coding fits my bill much better than grammar correction tbh.

charliex1969

Jul 16, 2023
Generally speaking there's no SanchoMod that changes/rewrites dialogue. The exception I make is gross misspellings (when I feel like it) and allowing the Player to change the name of specific LI's. It's just not my wheelhouse and I don't really have interest in script rewriting. I'm a tinkerer so coding fits my bill much better than grammar correction tbh.
Thanks for the reply. I imagine that would be a big undertaking. And thanks for the mod. Polishing the interface really does improve the experience. I’ve decided to restart the game using your mod since I wasn’t too far along.

Bobjr1

Dec 27, 2023
Word on the street is the VN will update to Ch6 by end of month. I'm not sure I'm mentally prepared to port it yet but know upfront that this is one VN that will likely take more than the normal 24-48hrs to mod. I'm guessing since the long period between chapters that the routes became complicated for the dev and that might mean there's an abundance of new variables to deal with. It's just speculation but I seriously doubt this will be an easy port.
It's currently 28th December 2023 and still no sign of a chapter 6 update. Would you have any idea what has happened to the dev? Because I've recently finished the game and I must say best one yet in my opinion, but getting left on a big cliffhanger is the worst feeling. Other than that I really do hope the dev is alright and doing well. I'd really love if he could keep us updated on what going on and if he will ever finish the game. Thank you

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
It's currently 28th December 2023 and still no sign of a chapter 6 update. Would you have any idea what has happened to the dev? Because I've recently finished the game and I must say best one yet in my opinion, but getting left on a big cliffhanger is the worst feeling. Other than that I really do hope the dev is alright and doing well. I'd really love if he could keep us updated on what going on and if he will ever finish the game. Thank you
Good morning,

The VN was listed as abandoned 4 days after I wrote that post last year bud. I have no insight as I never once had any personal collaboration with the dev sadly.