Mod Ren'Py A.O.A. Academy [Ch.5 Gold] Multi-Mod [Sancho1969]

Duane Porter

Feb 15, 2018
I love each of those games. Man I understand you can only do so much. It looks like your time is going to get busy with all the other updates that are out. Thanks for responding. You just have a great mod, I would like it on all the games I play.

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Sancho1969

So far I have run into an issue with the mod. If you are taking the pool route, whether you take the
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
the scene playing in the office with Valery afterwards says that you didn't go to the pool, but that you went studying alone.

Then there is an issue with the boutique event that you haven't addressed.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969

So far I have run into an issue with the mod. If you are taking the pool route, whether you take the
the scene playing in the office with Valery afterwards says that you didn't go to the pool, but that you went studying alone.

Then there is an issue with the boutique event that you haven't addressed.
Indeed that surely may be the case. There's a ton of bugs by the dev and I fixed the ones that I noticed but there's so many I doubt all of us will ever squish them all. Some bugs I don't alter due to a complexity issue were if the dev DOES decide to fix it, if I fix it via an alternate method, may present an issue with saves at a later point ( e.g. a misspelled variable, certain looping conditionals, etc ). So I knock out the bugs that only have one way of fixing, those with 3 or more ways I'm extremely careful or don't do at all since I have no idea how the dev will decide to "repair" them. Hope that makes some sense as I'm just now on my first cup of coffee.

dualblades730

Nov 9, 2019
Sancho1969 is it possible to add an option to freely enable/disable routes whenever you want, just as it scrappy's mod. I wan to be able to enable all routes in a single playthrough

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969 is it possible to add an option to freely enable/disable routes whenever you want, just as it scrappy's mod. I wan to be able to enable all routes in a single playthrough
Good morning. The mod has route selection in "SanchoCheats". The reason I took so many hours coding them to act this way is so the player understands that all routes in one playthrough is impossible. You see, if I had gone the "easy" way of coding and just allowed you to turn all the routes "On", the scripts won't recognize it as it's "first come, first serve" in the conditionals for scenes.

If you don't know how coding works let me try and break it down without a "wall of text" post. Take this simple bit of code for example from the dev where the scene is either Vic's if on VicRoute2, Ash's if on AshRoute, or None otherwise:
Python:
if bViRoute2 == True :
    $bc5aca_aft_vi = True
    call c5aca_aft_vi  # Takes the player to the Vicky scene (even if there was a cheat enabled with AshRoute enabled)
elif bAshRoute == True :
    $bc5aca_aft_ash = True
    call c5aca_aft_ash  # Takes the player to the Ashley scene (if the player had a cheat with VicRoute enabled they would NEVER see this scene)
else :
    scene c5aca_after_me_9 with dissolve
    "With nothing else to do, I laid on top of the bed..."  # Player sees neither of the above (doesn't have either route)
Now, in the above, if you had a cheat button that selected BOTH VicRoute2 AND AshRoute (which is normally impossible without a "cheat") the player would only see the Vicky scene due to the conditional (it's the first one checked if True). So, even though you had the AshRoute "cheat" selected you would NOT see that content or be taken to that call label....ever.

Now there's hundreds of examples of this, many way more complex but I only use the above to make a point. You can NOT see all content nor be on every route in one playthrough... it just doesn't work that way.

If that doesn't make sense after reading it a couple times let me know. Regards.

Reactions: Lumi24

dualblades730

Nov 9, 2019
Good morning. The mod has route selection in "SanchoCheats". The reason I took so many hours coding them to act this way is so the player understands that all routes in one playthrough is impossible. You see, if I had gone the "easy" way of coding and just allowed you to turn all the routes "On", the scripts won't recognize it as it's "first come, first serve" in the conditionals for scenes.

If you don't know how coding works let me try and break it down without a "wall of text" post. Take this simple bit of code for example from the dev where the scene is either Vic's if on VicRoute2, Ash's if on AshRoute, or None otherwise:
Python:
if bViRoute2 == True :
    $bc5aca_aft_vi = True
    call c5aca_aft_vi  # Takes the player to the Vicky scene (even if there was a cheat enabled with AshRoute enabled)
elif bAshRoute == True :
    $bc5aca_aft_ash = True
    call c5aca_aft_ash  # Takes the player to the Ashley scene (if the player had a cheat with VicRoute enabled they would NEVER see this scene)
else :
    scene c5aca_after_me_9 with dissolve
    "With nothing else to do, I laid on top of the bed..."  # Player sees neither of the above (doesn't have either route)
Now, in the above, if you had a cheat button that selected BOTH VicRoute2 AND AshRoute (which is normally impossible without a "cheat") the player would only see the Vicky scene due to the conditional (it's the first one checked if True). So, even though you had the AshRoute "cheat" selected you would NOT see that content or be taken to that call label....ever.

Now there's hundreds of examples of this, many way more complex but I only use the above to make a point. You can NOT see all content nor be on every route in one playthrough... it just doesn't work that way.

If that doesn't make sense after reading it a couple times let me know. Regards.
No, it makes sense to me! Thank you for explaining it. But I just have only final question, I just checked out the route selection in "Sancho Cheats", and is there a reason why Jade and Rebecca are not included in there?

Reactions: Sancho1969

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
No, it makes sense to me! Thank you for explaining it. But I just have only final question, I just checked out the route selection in "Sancho Cheats", and is there a reason why Jade and Rebecca are not included in there?
Good morning.

Indeed there's reasons. Jade technically doesn't have a "route" yet set by the dev, and neither does Rebecca. The closest thing Reb has to a path (the most extreme variable you can achieve with her) is RebeccaLoyal. The problem is, once this is obtained nobody knows the future consequences so it does me zero good to make those options available in the cheats.

• Red Heart
Reactions: dualblades730

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
Good morning.

Indeed there's reasons. Jade technically doesn't have a "route" yet set by the dev, and neither does Rebecca. The closest thing Reb has to a path (the most extreme variable you can achieve with her) is RebeccaLoyal. The problem is, once this is obtained nobody knows the future consequences so it does me zero good to make those options available in the cheats.
Correct me if I am mistaken Sancho.

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Correct me if I am mistaken Sancho.

There are no "Routes" for Rebecca or Jade currently. There just aren't. Sure I could make them up out of thin air based on what is believed MIGHT be the prerequisites for the pending future Routes... but that's all assumption. So, with that said, what are you asking me?

Nishka

Jan 14, 2018
There are no "Routes" for Rebecca or Jade currently. There just aren't. Sure I could make them up out of thin air based on what is believed MIGHT be the prerequisites for the pending future Routes... but that's all assumption. So, with that said, what are you asking me?
First off, sorry about the slow answer, I didn't believe you would come back so fast. :)

But like I said, yeah there are no variable called "route" for either Rebecca or Jade yet, but like the others, they have different prereqs for their scenes and events, which then leads to their routes, f.ex:
And at the moment I'm not asking you to do anything m8 :D. I just commented upon what I believe a route is and how/why I would still make a button for Rebecca and Jade, just using their prereg variables to activate/deactivate.

Kazanovaromeo

Engaged Member
Jun 28, 2022
Sancho1969
Dear Sancho1969,
I am new in these forums and I love very much many unique great games in these forums, So I thank you very much for this great wonderful game hoping to you my best wishes and good luck.
The only very big prblem to me is
I LOVE all the 7 girls, So simply I can play the game from the start 7 times (and I can do it) or there is another way if any.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
Dear Sancho1969,
I am new in these forums and I love very much many unique great games in these forums, So I thank you very much for this great wonderful game hoping to you my best wishes and good luck.
The only very big prblem to me is
I LOVE all the 7 girls, So simply I can play the game from the start 7 times (and I can do it) or there is another way if any.
Good morning. Note that I did not create the game as your post suggests, I created the modification product. Otherwise no, this is NOT a harem-based game. You can (to date) have multiple LIs but you can't have all of them in one playthrough. It's that way by design from the developer. Regards.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Kazanovaromeo

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
I've been playing various paths of this lovely game on your fantastic mod ...

Okay, done with the flowers. Anyway, I found some kind of bug at the Dream Sequence before "Never have I ever" on the Valery route in chapter 2 ... at least according to your info screen:

As you can see, the notes suggest if you've activated the Valery route you'll get the dream featuring her, but as you can see here ...

it's still featuring Ashley.

I got Jenny's while playing her route, so I know that's there. Anyway, I just thought you should know incase there's something for you to fix.

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
I've been playing various paths of this lovely game on your fantastic mod ...

Okay, done with the flowers. Anyway, I found some kind of bug at the Dream Sequence before "Never have I ever" on the Valery route in chapter 2 ... at least according to your info screen:

As you can see, the notes suggest if you've activated the Valery route you'll get the dream featuring her, but as you can see here ...

it's still featuring Ashley.

I got Jenny's while playing her route, so I know that's there. Anyway, I just thought you should know incase there's something for you to fix.
Hmm.. I missed one credential... Kissing Ashley. FWIW, the order of precedence is:
  • (AshelyKiss) gets her sequence ( AshleyKiss is awarded in Ch1 by choosing "I like you too." if AshleyLove(10+) )
  • (JenRoute) gets her sequence
  • (ValeryRoute) gets her sequence
  • All others get Ashley sequence regardless
Also note that I'm glad you're done with the flowers, I prefer whiskey, Crown Royal specifically :ROFLMAO:

Reactions: Elhemeer

Elhemeer

Forum Fanatic
Jun 20, 2022
Hmm.. I missed one credential... Kissing Ashley. FWIW, the order of precedence is:
  • (AshelyKiss) gets her sequence ( AshleyKiss is awarded in Ch1 by choosing "I like you too." if AshleyLove(10+) )
  • (JenRoute) gets her sequence
  • (ValeryRoute) gets her sequence
  • All others get Ashley sequence regardless
Also note that I'm glad you're done with the flowers, I prefer whiskey, Crown Royal specifically :ROFLMAO:
And that makes perfect sense all things considered.

MyselfFTP

Jul 22, 2022
Sancho1969
Hey, I tried scrappy's mod it work fine until chapter 5 so I thought there might be some error in his version then I tried your version but I'm still facing the same problem after chapter 4 it says "image_5aca_morn_exp_idle'" not found.
Can u please help me with the solution

Last edited:

Sancho1969

Message Maven
Modder
Donor
Jan 19, 2020
Sancho1969
Hey, I tried scrappy's mod it work fine until chapter 5 so I thought there might be some error in his version then I tried your version but I'm still facing the same problem after chapter 4 it says "image_5aca_morn_exp_idle'" not found.
Can u please help me with the solution
Attach the traceback.txt file please. Don't copy/paste into a post but physically attach the file. Something is likely borked in either your save file or his mod as the only image file I can find close to that name is "c5aca_morn_exp_idle".

MyselfFTP

Jul 22, 2022
Attach the traceback.txt file please. Don't copy/paste into a post but physically attach the file. Something is likely borked in either your save file or his mod as the only image file I can find close to that name is "c5aca_morn_exp_idle".
Yeah, it's actually "c5aca_morn_exp_idle" sry for the inaccurate info.
i hope you come up with some solution.