• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'Py A Sinners Haven [v0.2.0] [S.Squared]

jillybeans

Apr 22, 2018
im confused by comments, tags, and screens. so its pure gay or you can also go for chicks. not judging others taste, just want confirmation

Reactions: phreadom

Oliz82

Mar 15, 2021
Hello.

The dev notes made me come. Finding a bi game is so rare nowadays so thank you.

The worldbuilding is limited but enough for what's happening.
The characters are few and different. Some could be presented better, maybe in next release.
The plot seems interesting though it's vague.
The artistic side is well done.

For now, it's just an introduction with some characters and the start of a mystery. So I don't know what to think about this game yet since there's not enough content.
The MC is nice. The other characters are interesting, even the roommate despite his overbearing personality. Their models are attractive, though the girls are very similar (particularly Skye and Alexia).
There are some choices but the first ones became useless with the revelation at the end. Also, if we chose to allow bi/gay content, it should be reflected (erection, masturbation, tongue on the lips...). Is the last type of choice supposed to mean something more with a display like that?
The freeroam was confusing (not knowing where to go, where it was leading, clicking 2 times is taking us to square one). The events should only happen once (I was able to see the conversation with Rowan and co several times). The clickage objects or characters should be enlightened/highlighted (it was by pure luck that I clicked on the portait to see it closer).
There should be a choice for the voyeurism scene in the bathroom (even if we're bi or gay, we're not necessarily a creep).
Some characters don't have name, which is understandable, but you should at least write something when they are talking (like "Thiago's girlfriend", "Rachel's friend", "Quinn's friend"; you just have to change it when we learn their first name).
1680143534875.png
The gap under the name before the sentence is strange. Maybe it's a matter of taste but it's better when it's aligned.
The style of the names is cool but too thin.

There are some spelling errors left.

You should really add a default name (being blank is very strange).

Good continuation.

Reactions: Lolxd89

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
I'd like more clarification up front... is this a game straight people can play and not be forced to see anything gay? Is it gay optional? The women look very good, but I'll skip it if the MM is unavoidable.

It sounds like you can choose MF only routes... or at least MFF... but it also sounds like you're forced to peep at dudes in the bathroom or something?

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I'd like more clarification up front... is this a game straight people can play and not be forced to see anything gay? Is it gay optional? The women look very good, but I'll skip it if the MM is unavoidable.

It sounds like you can choose MF only routes... or at least MFF... but it also sounds like you're forced to peep at dudes in the bathroom or something?
Apparently there's a scene where you peep on some dudes. No choice.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
If you happen to walk into that bathroom, you can't avoid the scene at all.
True, That was a shock. The dev might put a warning for that in the next update. I wish everyone would back off on the micro-managing of the games here. Man up or shut up. Yeah, it was a surprise. I'm still an emotionally stable person afterward.

Reactions: Markay and Vasy

phreadom

Sep 2, 2017
True, That was a shock. The dev might put a warning for that in the next update. I wish everyone would back off on the micro-managing of the games here. Man up or shut up. Yeah, it was a surprise. I'm still an emotionally stable person afterward.
I think it's the fact that the game sounds like a gay game... but then there are all the hot women in the preview pics... and then the dev gives a murky explanation that sounds like maybe you can choose to avoid it entirely... but then comments make it sound like you can't.

That's the problem. If MM content is optional, it should be optional, and just have a "gay (optional)" tag or something. Just like there's a "futa/trans (optional)" tag like you see on Lust Academy.

Then people will know that there are optional gay, bi, straight, etc storylines. So there's something for everyone, and you won't be forced to see anything you don't want to.

Reactions: The D0n

Deleted member 1571716

Conversation Conqueror
Aug 7, 2019
I think it's the fact that the game sounds like a gay game... but then there are all the hot women in the preview pics... and then the dev gives a murky explanation that sounds like maybe you can choose to avoid it entirely... but then comments make it sound like you can't.

That's the problem. If MM content is optional, it should be optional, and just have a "gay (optional)" tag or something. Just like there's a "futa/trans (optional)" tag like you see on Lust Academy.

Then people will know that there are optional gay, bi, straight, etc storylines. So there's something for everyone, and you won't be forced to see anything you don't want to.
I think someone said that if you make the choice to check the bathroom(shower) I forgot which now, that could be the catalyst that causes you to choose the gay/bi choice. I don't know as I haven't played this.

Saint Blackmoor

Saint and Sinner
Donor
Oct 26, 2017
won't be forced to see anything you don't want to.
I'm going to go ahead and say you're not supporting him. My advice is if you feel any uncertainty about a game here, don't even start it and move on. Everyone, please stop directing the devs here. unless, of course, you support them, then you have a very small amount of control.
Tags here are actually a courtesy to help you decide what to play. there are no laws saying that they are required.
Do you know why? Because we are all adults here. A DEV can not know every single minuscule variation of possible triggering that will upset someone. That's why it's up to you to engage your spidey sense and maybe move on from this free game and not swamp us and the devs with your timid demands.

Boy, that felt good. :giggle:
(I'm getting the impression that some "Members" here are actually bots. I'm expecting a bot-like reply from this member) :whistle:

Eagle1900

Engaged Member
Oct 7, 2022
the game looks good, but I don't want to see certain gay scenes and yesterday when I downloaded it, it wasn't even present as a tag, so I don't find it fair towards us players... some things or you put them in the form of choice, or I will find myself forced to give up following him in the future

Reactions: The D0n

aver.creep

Jul 25, 2022
Those don't clarify it at all. They say you can choose, but you don't have a choice about the gay blowjob. If you happen to walk into that bathroom, you can't avoid the scene at all.
I mean, you can't avoid the scene of him
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
either, so at least the dev is consistent in not warning players of sex scenes.
As a gay dude, the fact that the MC is canonically not gay (since he had a gf up until the beginning of the game and isn't "hiding his homosexuality" or anything) in the first place is already kind of meh. But then having to SEE straight sex, even though
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
is a big no.
Unless the dev actually gives the player enough warnings about upcoming scene content (I didn't like the peeping scene either, since I think that's creepy) and an actual choice of whether the MC is hetero/homo/bi (and not just straight or bi), I don't see too many people wanting more of this game or potentially supporting development in the future.
Or they should just remove the part about getting to choose the MC's sexuality and what content you get to see lol.