Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
If anyone wants some guide about corruption/love points:

-Love points are easy to add up alongside you play, don't add up points, unless youwant to dominate the double arpeggio technique of Eddie van halen, add points only under 5 for example: If have emily love points in 1 only add 3 points to have 4 love points, in five points a event triggers, so in 6 love points add 3 points to 9.And so on. More than that can fuck up the switchs that trigger when an amount of value is reach.
-In corruption it is the same thing, but don't addit to Mira,Athia and Gwen add whatever you want after 15.Or you could fuck up things.
Imo you may be right but I wouldn't risk even this. While it's the standard I've still seen event triggers, or at least unique dialogues, on values that are not divisible by 5. The game usually also doesn't allow you to increase affection beyond another internal tracker's value and that value is definitely not always divisible by 5.

A trick for emily though, at least in 0.5.2, there seems to currently be a bug where you can give her food twice per day, so long as you give her food the first time between 6-7am (and the second after 7am). So you can effectively double the affection per day.

There's also some wonkiness that resets some girls (frisha, yasmine) if you head to your camp at 10pm. It's not all the girls and the window is tight but you can maybe get some extra affection there too by triggering those events multiple times a day.

This post doubles as a bug report. :p

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
Yea, as I said don't modify anything you don't properly understand. If you've played these kinds of games, you know those values are almost never just an indicator of how much they love you. So bad bad idea.

You definitely can improve your experience a lot if you use a gentle touch and know what you're doing. Put the guide out there cause the requested talents change is pretty safe (with reasonable numbers). Better too than outright using the in-game cheats. You can tune it to have a more natural progression curve and have party parity.

Best to familiarize with base game a fair bit first before you do any kind of mod though. Personally one of the systems I like to knock out is hunger as it's rather pointless in this genre. Another area I'd like to tweak is the speed of time when idling (much less reloads). But that one I haven't had any success with. I only know how to disable it, which is not a good idea.
Well hunger is a micromanagement that needs to be adressed so Players have a need not to skip ahead several weeks at a time as MC would die of starvation. It also give Players an incintive to complete certain quests early on in order to maintain themselves (Food and Wood for Emily, helping in the fields, etc.) so it's an easy motivator for the Player to advance several story plots

Yotetar

May 23, 2020
I tested it on corruption, and to be in a "safe mode" I had to fuck it up on some times. Also everytime you try to cheat in love points/corruption, make a copy of the saves.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Well hunger is a micromanagement that needs to be adressed so Players have a need not to skip ahead several weeks at a time as MC would die of starvation. It also give Players an incintive to complete certain quests early on in order to maintain themselves (Food and Wood for Emily, helping in the fields, etc.) so it's an easy motivator for the Player to advance several story plots
I guess but why is even that needed? The actual best way to get people not to skip days is to make sure there's stuff the player wants to do on those days. And so far where I'm at, the game already does that.

As I said, personal choice but I gutted it cause it doesn't really add anything for me. This isn't really a survival experience, food becomes common quickly (daily soups, free dinners, bread, etc), it's tied to no storylines, and it only debuffs. It's a rather pointless drag of a system, like durability in most games that have it.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I guess but why is even that needed? The actual best way to get people not to skip days is to make sure there's stuff the player wants to do on those days. And so far where I'm at, the game already does that.

As I said, personal choice but I gutted it cause it doesn't really add anything for me. This isn't really a survival experience, food becomes common quickly (daily soups, free dinners, bread, etc), it's tied to no storylines, and it only debuffs. It's a rather pointless drag of a system, like durability in most games that have it.
Well it adds to a daily action that requires to be taken care of, so it's kinda a repeatable task for the MC, Chyos wanted the game to have some survival game character as for all the food you can get you need to work.
It's hard to develope content so keeping Players busy with daily neccesereties, which are slowly implemented is a good way to keep them busy until the next release. (defending and building Rumah, makeing sure they have enough food; building your mercaneries and camp while ensureing morale stays up in order to unlock several features like equipment craftng with John, etc.)

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Well it adds to a daily action that requires to be taken care of, so it's kinda a repeatable task for the MC, Chyos wanted the game to have some survival game character as for all the food you can get you need to work.
It's hard to develope content so keeping Players busy with daily neccesereties, which are slowly implemented is a good way to keep them busy until the next release. (defending and building Rumah, makeing sure they have enough food; building your mercaneries and camp while ensureing morale stays up in order to unlock several features like equipment craftng with John, etc.)
It does technically, but my point was that it's not ever a fulfilling one so you're not actually keeping the player engaged. It's always just a chore. Akin to if the game added a stink mechanic where you had to bathe or perfume regularly merely to keep gaining affection. Or a bowel movement meter, where you have to find safe quiet places away from party members to "empty the meter". Lest you risk losing their respect shitting yourself in front them! :p

I don't think anyone's missing a single thing without it for the foreseeable future if they choose to cut that bloat out. At least until a decent amount of hunger meter tied scenes arrive. Though I can't really fathom what those would even be. Maybe breastfeeding hj resuscitation? Pie eating contest to win a thicc damsel's heart? A George Costanza inspired food and sex orgy? Don't know, imo just doesn't fit.

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
It does technically, but my point was that it's not ever a fulfilling one so you're not actually keeping the player engaged. It's always just a chore. Akin to if the game added a stink mechanic where you had to bathe or perfume regularly merely to keep gaining affection. Or a bowel movement meter, where you have to find safe quiet places away from party members to "empty the meter". Lest you risk losing their respect shitting yourself in front them! :p

I don't think anyone's missing a single thing without it for the foreseeable future if they choose to cut that bloat out. At least until a decent amount of hunger meter tied scenes arrive. Though I can't really fathom what those would even be. Maybe breastfeeding hj resuscitation? Pie eating contest to win a thicc damsel's heart? A George Costanza inspired food and sex orgy? Don't know, imo just doesn't fit.
Joining late the conversation don’t wanna ask what’s happening, but yeah I am suggesting a George Costanza inspired food and sex orgy to Chyos

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018

We already have after meal BJ and sex with Katharina and sex with the queen.
Even more after meal HJ/BJ with Frisha and Anya.
Prepareing Food and reward sex with Claire and Nyra (Soup reward).
There is also after date sex with Umah... don't know about you but that's quiet alot I'd say.
Penny could get a scene for after dinner or dureing preparations I gues as she currently only offers service dureing her prayer and night.
Also there is Emily Anal scene if you provide her with meat and wood.

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
We already have after meal BJ and sex with Katharina and sex with the queen.
Even more after meal HJ/BJ with Frisha and Anya.
Prepareing Food and reward sex with Claire and Nyra (Soup reward).
There is also after date sex with Umah... don't know about you but that's quiet alot I'd say.
Penny could get a scene for after dinner or dureing preparations I gues as she currently only offers service dureing her prayer and night.
Also there is Emily Anal scene if you provide her with meat and wood.
I'm aware obviously. But events tangentially related to food is not remotely the same thing. It's not actually tied to hunger level. At best they restore the pointless bar as a secondary effect. You can still however do them regardless of if you're hungry or stuffed. Which is why you can pretty much disable hunger right now and not remotely impact any of these events.

The examples I gave was like if you somehow faint from hunger and get resuscitated with a breastfeeding hj. Or you need to be completely starved so you can win a food eating contest. I was trying to come up with things that need the mechanic. But ultimately it is just not really necessary for almost any type of scene. It's purely a redundant chore system.

Like with the stink example, you can say "well you can bathe with x!". That doesn't really justify the system because you don't need that excuse to bathe with anyone. You can just do it cause you want to.

Last edited:
  • Thinking Face
Reactions: Evangelion-01

zARRR

Forum Fanatic
Nov 6, 2020
I’ll say that food and energy mechanic is fine, no need really to add anything or change shit, would like some food that actually slows down the eating meter or some cool food buff.
Why are we talking about breastfeeding?
Are we going to make pregnant Tia a walkable milk dispenser?

• Haha
Reactions: Evangelion-01

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
I’ll say that food and energy mechanic is fine, no need really to add anything or change shit, would like some food that actually slows down the eating meter or some cool food buff.
Why are we talking about breastfeeding?
Are we going to make pregnant Tia a walkable milk dispenser?
Sure, why not? We all know more Tia content is what everyone here is clamoring for. :p

Nah, I was just originally saying that modding can improve gameplay and that personally one of the things I choose to disable the hunger mechanic. I explained that I found the survival mechanic unnecessary to the game for the foreseeable future. The only thing I could come up with that could eventually require the mechanic is a breastfeeding hj. But until then, if you're like me and don't like pointless padding you can just turn it off.

Evangelion-01

Devoted Member
Apr 12, 2018
I'm aware obviously. But events tangentially related to food is not remotely the same thing. It's not actually tied to hunger level. At best they restore the pointless bar as a secondary effect. You can still however do them regardless of if you're hungry or stuffed. Which is why you can pretty much disable hunger right now and not remotely impact any of these events.

The examples I gave was like if you somehow faint from hunger and get resuscitated with a breastfeeding hj. Or you need to be completely starved so you can win a food eating contest. I was trying to come up with things that need the mechanic. But ultimately it is just not really necessary for almost any type of scene. It's purely a redundant chore system.

Like with the stink example, you can say "well you can bathe with x!". That doesn't really justify the system because you don't need that excuse to bathe with anyone. You can just do it cause you want to.
Well I kinda see your point but I can't fully agree to it.
Game mechanics are not always needed to be tied to content, them being present and leading the MC around or create form of neceserety or severety are enough in their own way... I'd like to see a game over scenario in case of starvation now actually, like skipping 7 days or more without eating.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Tehemai

Tehemai

Oct 9, 2017
Well I kinda see your point but I can't fully agree to it.
Game mechanics are not always needed to be tied to content, them being present and leading the MC around or create form of neceserety or severety are enough in their own way... I'd like to see a game over scenario in case of starvation now actually, like skipping 7 days or more without eating.
Well, maybe I'm just not into survival stuff. But I didn't feel it added even that. I just felt like it's... there. To just marginally steer me towards events I'd usually do anyway. And to make me menu when I don't feel like it.

Like this isn't a stranded on an island type of game. I'm not really worried about not getting food nor do I want to be for immersion. Not trying to scrape by, I'm trying to build a harem and empire. Certainly not eager for another one of those lose a bunch of days event triggers, which I imagine is even more annoying with NTR on. Nor random game overs to food of all things lol.

I guess the issue is that it kinda half asses it so neither side of the coin is quite satisfied.

Samuel Hidayat

May 16, 2019
Well, maybe I'm just not into survival stuff. But I didn't feel it added even that. I just felt like it's... there. To just marginally steer me towards events I'd usually do anyway. And to make me menu when I don't feel like it.

Like this isn't a stranded on an island type of game. I'm not really worried about not getting food nor do I want to be for immersion. Not trying to scrape by, I'm trying to build a harem and empire. Certainly not eager for another one of those lose a bunch of days event triggers, which I imagine is even more annoying with NTR on. Nor random game overs to food of all things lol.

I guess the issue is that it kinda half asses it so neither side of the coin is quite satisfied.
For now, MC's accuracy and buff success rate decrease if he's hungry or starving.

4.60 star(s) 143 Votes