kylemorre

May 29, 2018
so you can tell me how to spend my money uh? the dev is not doing good enough for you, so all people giving him money are fools and you would do so much better. Right. This is not criticism. You're overstepping your bounds.
"Fools and their money are easily parted", there was a reason ben 10 warned us on the evils of capitalism

PLEASURE MONKEY

Dec 10, 2019
after the scene where the mc says "i should let them be for tonight", the game has a softlock where the mc says the same thing every night when he goes to the kitchen. so i used the timetravel.exe to skip to the next part :LOL: then the next night go to your mom's room
Is that the end of it?

Cheesecake

Jul 4, 2017
Is that the end of it?
No, from a bunch of trial and error, i know the chapter number for the miss & jane goes up to at least 14 (13 and going to the miss's room is the threesome scene)
I still haven't found out how to actually trigger half of it properly however.
There is one step you go to the basement, one you check the bathroom etc but some steps might be specific days or something because i've checked the whole town and was unable to progress it without using the timetravel.exe to set the chapter number.
It's kind of bugging me how there is no 'where to go' in the cellphone for it tbh :/

Reactions: dordicle

DevanGrey

Nov 8, 2017
Realy? One think is use placeholder imagens in a menu or a item to have something there, something else is to put unfinished images in a galery as conceptual images as a curiosity of the creation process, but not pu this kind of image as a CG of the game, the developer could wait longer to launch the update with everything done.

CursedFlame91

Slightly Helpful Asshat
Donor
Jul 7, 2018
Some body can help. why its the cause for this error. put my save file

{big traceback}
Here is my save.
I was thinking that a weird combination of events made the [day] variable flow over 6, which as you've experienced ends up breaking the user interface and the game crashes.

Turns out, that's not the case. It's just the developer was trying out a new and ingenious solution to make the days pass, instead of leaving the old and boring but reliable way of doing it.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Right right, you might be thinking "Hey jackass, nice wall of text, but how the fuck do I fix it?"

Quite simple, inside the zip file attached you will find a folder named "game"
Just put it in the same folder where the game's executable is, you'll notice there's also a "game" folder there.
Merge them

Just @ me if you find any more bugs. This has become kind of a hobby for me to see how easy it is to fix the bugs the devs leave.

Cheers

ADDENDUM: You guys seem to end up giving more attention to this post. I also made a bigger patch OVER HERE.
That one has a rough changelog and more bugs patched. It includes the same bugfix as this one by the way.

Last edited:

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
lmao okay

in my short time dicking around with it i didn't get any crashes. i've seen other comments reporting some specific crashes but starting a new game from 0.28 with all routes at the end, i was able to get the mom/sis 3way to happen with a bunch of dialogue after. when i have more time i might look around in the code to see if there's a way to fix the vr headset in console. from looking in the files, looks like the main new scene has mc fucking the mom and sister on the bed, think you can switch between them. there's actually a couple gifs in the game files without even unpacking it

a proper bugfix would be great but at this point, this is basically what i expect from this game
You already had that threesome scene. He only added a bunch of words around it.

He didn't add anything in the last 6 months.

Ataman87

Jun 9, 2018
How can i get the scene wher the sister is licking the mom under the table ? And is there any lead to the BJ scene on the couch. Or its just a trigger whit no back story ?

Trapezio

Engaged Member
Sep 28, 2017
Not to play devil's advocate.

I wasn't able to find it. The game crashed before.

This is the new bug I encountered:

1) I start a new game
2) I choose to start from the end of 0.28 (and leave of the end of every path - I think you know what I mean)
3) so, after i talk to my buddies Effie and Jacobass... I go back home and go to Mrs Smith's room (scene)
4) the hintsystem tells me "head to the mall". I talk to Grundle Sam
5) the hintsystem tells me "look for Effie at the cafe". I talk to Ms Allaway at the cafe... as soon as I finish talking to her, this is what happens:

screenshot0001.png

Nice one, isn't it?

And this is the old bug that always broke my 0.30 gameplay:

While running game code:
File "renpy/common/000statements.rpy", line 531, in execute_call_screen
store._return = renpy.call_screen(name, *args, **kwargs)
File "game/scenes/myhouse/mybedroom/day/main/mybedroom_day.rpy", line 154, in execute
File "game/scenes/myhouse/mybedroom/day/main/mybedroom_day.rpy", line 154, in execute
File "game/scenes/myhouse/mybedroom/day/main/mybedroom_day.rpy", line 161, in execute
File "game/hud/gui/gui.rpy", line 1, in execute
File "game/hud/gui/gui.rpy", line 2, in execute
File "game/hud/gui/gui.rpy", line 4, in execute
Exception: DynamicImage u'gui main_clock_day_[day]': could not find image. (u'gui main_clock_day_7')

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "scenes/myhouse/mybedroom/day/main/mybedroom_day.rpyc", line 152, in script
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
self.call("execute")
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
root_widget.visit_all(lambda i : i.per_interact())
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
d.visit_all(callback, seen)
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
callback(self)
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
self.update()
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
self.screen.function(**self.scope)
File "game/scenes/myhouse/mybedroom/day/main/mybedroom_day.rpy", line 161, in execute
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 576, in _scope
return self.find_target(scope, update)
File "C:\Users\MYPC\Documents\games\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 651, in find_target
raise Exception(error)
Exception: DynamicImage u'gui main_clock_day_[day]': could not find image. (u'gui main_clock_day_7')

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
ATownUncovered Alpha_0.30a
Sun Oct 04 18:07:02 2020

KodaSoda

May 1, 2020
I was thinking that a weird combination of events made the [day] variable flow over 6, which as you've experienced ends up breaking the user interface and the game crashes.

Turns out, that's not the case. It's just the developer was trying out a new and ingenious solution to make the days pass, instead of leaving the old and boring but reliable way of doing it.

Right right, you might be thinking "Hey jackass, nice wall of text, but how the fuck do I fix it?"

Quite simple, inside the zip file attached you will find a folder named "game"
Just put it in the same folder where the game's executable is, you'll notice there's also a "game" folder there.
Merge them

Just @ me if you find any more bugs. This has become kind of a hobby for me to see how easy it is to fix the bugs the devs leave.

Cheers
started a new game and rushed to day 7 seems to have fixed it for me
THANK YOU FOR THE FIX!!!

jjc289

Jun 24, 2019
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 13, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 23, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 7, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 19, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 4, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 23, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 13, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 21, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 10, in script call
  File "scenes/beach/changeroom/day/main/beachchangeroom_day.rpyc", line 7, in script call
  File "scenes/myhouse/mybedroom/day/main/mybedroom_day.rpyc", line 152, in script
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1949, in execute
    self.call("execute")
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\ast.py", line 1937, in call
    return renpy.statements.call(method, parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\statements.py", line 277, in call
    return method(parsed, *args, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\exports.py", line 2905, in call_screen
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse="screen", type="screen", roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\ui.py", line 297, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 2702, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, **kwargs)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in interact_core
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 541, in visit_all
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 430, in visit_all
    callback(self)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\core.py", line 3094, in <lambda>
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 440, in per_interact
    self.update()
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\screen.py", line 625, in update
    self.screen.function(**self.scope)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\sl2\sldisplayables.py", line 430, in sl2add
    d = renpy.easy.displayable(d, scope=scope)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\easy.py", line 110, in displayable
    return renpy.display.image.DynamicImage(d, scope=scope)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 570, in __init__
    self.find_target(scope)
  File "C:\Users\jjcar\Downloads\ATownUncovered-Alpha_0.30a-win\renpy\display\image.py", line 651, in find_target
    raise Exception(error)

Windows-8-6.2.9200
Ren'Py 7.3.5.606
ATownUncovered Alpha_0.30a
Sun Oct 04 11:11:32 2020
This is what I keep getting.

Goblinfart

May 29, 2017
HELP! Save files fro, v.27c cannot be loaded into this new version. Even tried opening the save files from vers.0.28 and game still says no. Any advice?

RoughlySpecific

May 27, 2020
Thanks for the fix. Found another: Whenever I try to go into the living room at night I get the message "I’ll leave them be for tonight." I assume this has to do with the JanexMom route. (I only got the wholesome Jane sleeping on Mom’s lap scene so far.)

The issue is that the Jane route is fucked because because I cannot meet her in the basement fort. Since I cannot continue that one, the whole game is now softlocked.

3.20 star(s) 83 Votes