kekasaurus

Jan 23, 2018
I checked my old saves' time stamps and it's almost exactly one year since I played this. Nice amount of additions. Wanted to pick this up again because it's almost like a sexy Halloween game.

Feb 7, 2018
Deleted your post before I could respond to it with only one sentence huh? "Not enough content" wasn't my main criticism but okay bud. It's the consistency with which Geeseki does very little to nothing every update and the way he's defended for it. Not the content itself, or lack thereof but that he continually comes up with less than he promises. He could only have 2 scenes in the game and that'd be acceptable because it's still being worked on, however, it's been... 3 years? 4? I recall him saying it was one year in December of 2017, so that means he started late 2016. Almost 3 years.
And this is where we're at, where other games have started and finished already.

You don't have to build a game from scratch using Ren'py to look around and notice things are off, and no one said it was easy, but there's mounting evidence that not only is he doing fine but the Patreon page says he makes $4k a month which is well above the US average, well above what most other Patreon devs make too. Even with a team of people he'd still be making a good sum of money.
Again I'm not a movie director but when I watched The Last Jedi I noticed plot inconsistencies, a penchant for subversion despite a total lack of narrative satisfaction or even making sense at all, etc. and I was able to read about how Rian Johnson's script in the final version of the movie was 90% of the original draft and he totally ignored Mark Hammil's feedback on Luke Skywalker and the plot notes JJ Abrams left him because of all the setups he'd made in TFA. See, I'm not an expert movie-maker, but I can criticise a movie because I'm informed enough about it, you can learn a lot on the internet.

Likewise I can look at a game like this, after 3 years with so little progress and how many excuses the man's made, his lack of transparency and more recently raising his Patreon rates arbitrarily and I can see red flags. No one's saying Geseeki OWES anyone anything. People's complaints are that progress is slow and he's making enough money to devote himself fulltime to this but he's not, releases are buggy and lack content, etc. etc. No one's angry because he OWES them money, YOU'RE saying that, YOU'RE asserting that people are saying this. If we're allowed to make baseless assertions based on our own biases like you're doing then there's no argument, you're just a white-knight.

Here, let me use your own argument because obviously speaking reasonably doesn't stick with you:

"You've never made a full game so you'll never understand whether or not it's hard. You can't argue against people who criticise anything because you've never made one of it, therefore you shouldn't be defending Geeseki. You're not allowed to."
Changed what I wanted to say. Sorry.

Using my own argument, I've made art. I've made content. I understand that when you do this, it's never a consistent thing, and what you are capable of and someone else is capable of, are two different things. No two people are the same. Saying there is not enough content is not the same as there being plot holes in a movie. And notice, how that movie, with millions of dollars and talented people involved, still has problems. Why is anyone expecting perfection from this shit when the creator has already told you how shitty he is at it?

You're right, G is a lazy shit. But if you're still gonna complain about it years after knowing it, that's a you problem. If you think this is bad, go read the SS thread right now. Got arguments about how big of a pyramid scam SS is due to how little is put out, and that's by a team of people making thousands a month. G just hired 2 people, right? ANd he's making a fraction while readily admitting he ain't working on this full time, like DC says he is.

People are saying he owes them something, more content. The person I was originally quoting was complaining about the new content being a thimble full. If this an art, he's allowed free reign. If this is a business, he's gonna fail if he doesn't give people what they want. People's complaints about art taking time can go fuck themselves. We have zero idea what G is dealing with, and the same goes for DC. You think things that aren't necessarily true. What if his real job pays him 100k. You think he's gonna give that up for a measly 4k a month? What if, what if, what if. We don't know.

Last edited:

Detective Cancer

Deep Cunt
Donor
Aug 28, 2018
Changed what I wanted to say. Sorry.

Using my own argument, I've made art. I've made content. I understand that when you do this, it's never a consistent thing, and what you are capable of and someone else is capable of, are two different things. No two people are the same. Saying there is not enough content is not the same as there being plot holes in a movie. And notice, how that movie, with millions of dollars and talented people involved, still has problems. Why is anyone expecting perfection from this shit when the creator has already told you how shitty he is at it?

You're right, G is a lazy shit. But if you're still gonna complain about it years after knowing it, that's a you problem. If you think this is bad, go read the SS thread right now. Got arguments about how big of a pyramid scam SS is due to how little is put out, and that's by a team of people making thousands a month. G just hired 2 people, right? ANd he's making a fraction while readily admitting he ain't working on this full time, like DC says he is.

People are saying he owes them something, more content. The person I was originally quoting was complaining about the new content being a thimble full. If this an art, he's allowed free reign. If this is a business, he's gonna fail if he doesn't give people what they want. People's complaints about art taking time can go fuck themselves. We have zero idea what G is dealing with, and the same goes for DC. You think things that aren't necessarily true. What if his real job pays him 100k. You think he's gonna give that up for a measly 4k a month? What if, what if, what if. We don't know.
Feedback doesn't stop when a person admits they have a problem, if the problem persists the criticism persists, it continues until they fix it. This is true of all things, nothing changes otherwise. He's constantly breaking promises and jerking people around, and stalling, every release has a ton of bugs, and among other things that's fine. These are, however, things people are free to criticise him about so long as he continues to do them, because they continue to be true, and as new people come by and learn about this or old people come back to this and notice the problems persist they'll want to talk about them and discuss them, that's why it's an open forum. If you're upset about the natural progression of time and what that means for people coming and going that's a you problem, isn't it?

Saying another project is doing the same thing doesn't add to your point, tons of stuff bad out there, kinda detracts from it. I could make these same arguments about SS, LoK:R, and a myriad of other games and they'd be correct too, I dunno what the point is or what deflection you're trying to make actually. "Look they're doing it too" doesn't change a thing, that's the argument a child would make when caught being bad. Since we're comparing this bad thing to another bad thing that's allegedly worse though, Insexual Awakening is done, it has a lot of content and has mod support. They're also are making a new game, still with a fraction of what money Geseeki has and the same size team, an artist, a writer and a programmer, working part time like Geseeki's team. In the span of this game's entire path up to being what is allegedly a quarter finished, a game was finished, with post-release features added, and a new one has begun, and I'm only focusing on this one who knows how many others were made in this timeframe.

Geseeki was like this for 3 years on his own and in all likelihood he'll continue to be like this, and people will want to state their thoughts, your misguided ideas of gatekeeping and shutting down criticism aren't gonna change anything. It doesn't matter what the other people are doing, he was at this for well over 2 years on his own making the same mistakes, taking the same hiatuses, and nothing's changed now that he has 2 equally incompetent people with him. I'll give you something though, we don't know a lot you're right, given his history we can infer a lot though, hell for all we know those people don't exist. What if, what if, what if. We don't know. What we do know is what we have, and that's a lazy author people want to talk about and discuss, and give their opinions on. What if Sonic 06 was good? Ah, but that's not what we have, we have a dumpster fire. What if Geseeki's a paraplegic? Ah, but that's not what we have, we have 3 people doing... what? I dunno. We DoN'T KnoW, WE DoN'T KnOW, wE doN't KnOw.

For the record; The person you quoted was right, there isn't much new. So.. where's the problem? It was a correct statement. Maybe quote people who say he owes them money, or content. Count them for me, I'm legitimately curious. At the end of the day that argument you backpedaled from "you'll never understand, because you've never had to do it" is still floating around, make a good game, and in good faith don't stall for 3 years if you end up making $4000 a month. This one's gonna keep being criticised as long as it keeps stalling and being like this. You can't change that, you can't gatekeep that. Regardless of what poor appeal to pity you might be going for. As an extra note that I thought of as I finished writing this and couldn't place anywhere, "SexCurse Studios" had significantly less support when they finished Insexual Awakening. They're making $900 a month now, (compared to geseeki's $4k) but it used to be a third less. Around $690 when I last had this argument. Waybackmachine doesn't have good captures sadly. So there's that.

Fallen Angel Productions

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 16, 2017
this scene doesn't trigger and i've done what it says twice and i have finished miss alaway's story +Added Allaway x Effie x MC Effie’s Bed H-scene (Finish Miss Allaway’s story, Ask Effie at the Cafe for some fun on a Saturday)

exirock

Game Developer
May 4, 2018
Damn this dev get people to help him and still the game is a mess, we waited i think was 4 months and we got that sht of update that literaly showed the lazyness of geeseki missing art, bugs and crappy story and now this update was just a mess again bugs and still there is missing art pieces, i think geeseki should think about finish this game quick cause its ruining its popularity and its digging its own hole.

Wolfregis

Aug 9, 2016
this scene doesn't trigger and i've done what it says twice and i have finished miss alaway's story +Added Allaway x Effie x MC Effie’s Bed H-scene (Finish Miss Allaway’s story, Ask Effie at the Cafe for some fun on a Saturday)
Go to Effie's house after you talk to her about having fun and choose to wait for her to arrive. Scene should trigger afterwards.

Reactions: nomojoe

geraldo1978

May 22, 2018
who has a save with all characters ? my game crash beacause i don't find miss lashley. and i can't open my phone. help me please. thanks

geraldo1978

May 22, 2018
even by recommencing the game from the beginning, the game breaks when it comes to Miss Lashley. I'm the only one who has it? Is there a patch to fix this bug? it annoys me

kuler

May 20, 2018
I found out how to do it. After talking with Effie on Saturday at the Cafe, go straight to her house and knock on her door. Choose to wait for her. I talked to Allaway outside the cafe first, not sure if that matters or not.
Thanks, its works!

jeff2432

Oct 20, 2019
+Added Principal Lashley Office Chair H-scene (Talk to Principal Lashley, have over 8 RP with her)
is this sex or that 2 second fingering herself scene?

Reactions: gourmet135
3.10 star(s) 82 Votes