Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Kthulu_SFM

May 4, 2017
I bought an RTX3060 with 12G of VRAM (not the lower RAM version, you need lots of video card RAM for renders) and I have been happy with it. I use it on a custom built computer I built myself.

Not sure how you're rendering, but there's no way it should take 7-8 hours. You need to look into reducing texture size which can be done with DAZ scripts, hiding objects and body parts that are not visible in the scene as these things will reduce the amount of video RAM you need and will speed up your renders. Also try using Denoising. On most of my renders you see in here, I do 500 iterations with denoising turned on at 500 (the last iteration). But I have also done 400 iterations and even 200 iterations on my old 1050TI card and my renders back then were around 5-10 mins. These days they are 1-3 mins on average.
Probably his Daz was falling back to CPU all the time, hence the longer times...

Reactions: Night Hacker

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Probably his Daz was falling back to CPU all the time, hence the longer times...
Yeah, that makes sense. That would happen on my 1050TI, but I would abort it when it dropped to CPU and find ways to save on VRAM, usually shutting down my browser and any other program that used video memory, then running the to reduce texture sizes and then I would see what body parts and scene items I could hide. is also good for cutting out scene items, though I still like to manually do it it won't cut out things like body parts that are not in view etc.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
if you're having problems with long render times because DAZ drops to CPU rendering due to low video memory, and you downloaded Scene optimizer I linked to, here's a really good video on how to use Scene Optimizer effectively. He does a great job explaining it and it can REALLY shrink those textures down without a huge hit in quality so they fit on your limited video RAM and you can get faster renders.

His render settings were similar to my own, except I denoise on the last frame these days.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Another video to watch which touches on a subject I mentioned to help speed up your render times and reduce your VRAM usage so you can use a GPU to render faster instead of the CPU... and that is the subject of hiding geometry, not only scene geometry you cannot see, but also your character's body, which he covers here. If their body is covered up by clothing, you can hide it to speed up times! I will also hide body parts that aren't visible, eyes, tongues etc... if they are not visible... it all ads up...

T-oxygen

Jun 18, 2020
Yeah, that makes sense. That would happen on my 1050TI, but I would abort it when it dropped to CPU and find ways to save on VRAM, usually shutting down my browser and any other program that used video memory, then running the to reduce texture sizes and then I would see what body parts and scene items I could hide. is also good for cutting out scene items, though I still like to manually do it it won't cut out things like body parts that are not in view etc.
I used scene optimizer. I was able to render better in less time. My current computer is not getting power from the GPU. My computer that I render for 7-8 hours is a notebook and it is about 8 years old. I tried the GPU power settings for rendering, but I couldn't get any rendering. So the CPU power is insufficient. Even 30 minutes of render time would be great for me. That's why I'm thinking of buying a notebook with a 3060ti graphics card.
Thank you very much for the scene optimizer suggestion. This is my first render. dd2.png

WhiteWolf619

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
I used scene optimizer. I was able to render better in less time. My current computer is not getting power from the GPU. My computer that I render for 7-8 hours is a notebook and it is about 8 years old. I tried the GPU power settings for rendering, but I couldn't get any rendering. So the CPU power is insufficient. Even 30 minutes of render time would be great for me. That's why I'm thinking of buying a notebook with a 3060ti graphics card.
Thank you very much for the scene optimizer suggestion. This is my first render. View attachment 2140242
Very nice mate.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thank you very much for the scene optimizer suggestion. This is my first render. View attachment 2140242
Well done. Yeah, GPU or CPU, reducing texture size and hiding geometry will speed things up. Nicely done anyhow.

• Red Heart
Reactions: T-oxygen and Bane71
Jan 29, 2018
Salut T-oxygen
Je me permets d'intervenir car je suis un peu dans le même cas que toi.
Pour ce qui est des ordinateurs portables, moi aussi c'est ce que j'ai en ce moment (CORE i7, GEFORCE GTX 970). Mais en me renseignant correctement j'en suis arrivé à la conclusion qu'avec les mêmes composants, les ordinateurs portables sont toujours moins puissants que les ordinateurs de bureau (c'est en rapport avec la puissance d'alimentation et sa capacité de refroidissement si j'ai bien compris) ... Donc si c'est la performance que tu recherches, renseigne-toi bien avant.
Je te souhaite une bonne journée et continu de nous régaler avec tes rendus.

Hi T-oxygen
I'm taking the liberty of intervening because I'm in a bit of the same situation as you.
As far as laptops are concerned, I too have one at the moment (CORE i7, GEFORCE GTX 970). But by doing some research I came to the conclusion that with the same components, laptops are always less powerful than desktops (it's related to the power supply and its cooling capacity if I understood correctly) ... So if it's performance you're looking for, find out beforehand.
I wish you a good day and continue to regale us with your renderings.

T-oxygen

Jun 18, 2020
Salut T-oxygen
Je me permets d'intervenir car je suis un peu dans le même cas que toi.
Pour ce qui est des ordinateurs portables, moi aussi c'est ce que j'ai en ce moment (CORE i7, GEFORCE GTX 970). Mais en me renseignant correctement j'en suis arrivé à la conclusion qu'avec les mêmes composants, les ordinateurs portables sont toujours moins puissants que les ordinateurs de bureau (c'est en rapport avec la puissance d'alimentation et sa capacité de refroidissement si j'ai bien compris) ... Donc si c'est la performance que tu recherches, renseigne-toi bien avant.
Je te souhaite une bonne journée et continu de nous régaler avec tes rendus.

Hi T-oxygen
I'm taking the liberty of intervening because I'm in a bit of the same situation as you.
As far as laptops are concerned, I too have one at the moment (CORE i7, GEFORCE GTX 970). But by doing some research I came to the conclusion that with the same components, laptops are always less powerful than desktops (it's related to the power supply and its cooling capacity if I understood correctly) ... So if it's performance you're looking for, find out beforehand.
I wish you a good day and continue to regale us with your renderings.
You are right, especially when it comes to rendering the notebook computer will be less efficient. But I also use the computer for work. That's why I have to buy a notebook. :(

Reactions: Bruno de Montdragon

djxplod

Mar 2, 2022
I have a 3060 12G model and it is awesome! Definitely enough for this.
Anytime you and others release Fan Art Ren'Py games, you guys need to add a donate button (with a link to PayPal or whatever other service you like and in that link provide gear you're hoping to get with the donations to continue your awesome work) to those games so that ppl that appreciate your work can help you get the hardware you need :)

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes