4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Maybe I am wrong but there really seems to be something strange with the face
in other arts of her too

but u are the expert here if u think it’s good enough so it must be
I am always open to people's opinion of my art work but the effect that you describe could be from the lighting/pose as I have not changed my character in anyway.
I am no expert but more a novice

Last edited:
Reactions: lupogba6

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I would agree with you, wouldnt this be a clear sample of a wide angle camera lens distortion of a close-up shot.

Ok.
I am sure not sure what I did/or how but these two renders are shot with the standard daz camera and the 35m camera that I normally use.
So I did fuck up somewhere along the line.
This is the same mode 1.jpg 2.jpg

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
for me it has something really strange, the face has the shape of a triangle. there seems to be nothing behind the chin.
Like the Souls stealer in Avatar the Last Airbender. It would show the face of the souls it has taken. Always looked like a mask. In this case I think it is Camera angles and lens selection.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
Ok.
I am sure not sure what I did/or how but these two renders are shot with the standard daz camera and the 35m camera that I normally use.
This is the same mode
You didn't fuck up anything about the model or the camera.
A normal focal length is considered 50mm.
35mm lens is wider than normal, but it is considered close enough to normal and especially good for indoor shooting because of the slightly wider angle - it means that you can get a wider field of view in small rooms, while distortion is still pretty low.

The wide angle distortion always grows, the closer the object is to the lens. That's beside a completely normal perspective effect that also is visible and unavoidable, because simply the lens is closer to her head than it is to her body on that shot. The wider angle of the lens just amplifies it more than human eyes or 50mm lens do.

You can consider it an artistic wide angle close-up portrait shot if you wish. Photographers do those all the time (as you can see from the image search results in my previous post). From an amateur photographers point of view it was technically a pretty good shot, IMHO.
If some people don't like it, it's not really your problem. ;)

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
You didn't fuck up anything about the model or the camera.
A normal focal length is considered 50mm.
35mm lens is wider than normal, but it is considered close enough to normal and especially good for indoor shooting because of the slightly wider angle - it means that you can get a wider field of view in small rooms, while distortion is still pretty low.

The wide angle distortion always grows, the closer the object is to the lens. That's beside a completely normal perspective effect that also is visible and unavoidable, because simply the lens is closer to her head than it is to her body on that shot. The wider angle of the lens just amplifies it more than human eyes or 50mm lens do.

You can consider it an artistic wide angle close-up portrait shot if you wish. Photographers do those all the time. From an amateur photographers point of view it was technically a pretty good shot, IMHO.
If some people don't like it, it's not really your problem. ;)
Thanks for the information

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Ok.
This is the same mode View attachment 2269707 View attachment 2269708
Well, with a 35mm it will distort the subject if the camera is too close, so perhaps move the camera farther away and then zoom in (I do that a lot).

Move the camera further away, then adjust the frame width and it will zoom in without the distortion....
Screenshot 2022-12-28 215304.jpg

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes