Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
18 hrs plus
for a scene that took only 56Mib VRAM that is way too much render time. Normally at least 50% should have covered in that time.
Yikes, that does sound like a lot. I can only suspect that the panes of glass are causing everything to slow down. To render Patricia's mansion I usually have to flood the area with ghost lights and up the exposure in order to get render times down to reasonable.

Are there any point lights in the prison? Found out the reason the Nightclub takes so long is that the lighting is all with point lights, which ends up taking forever and being grainy.

Reactions: gkdanuka

gkdanuka

Jul 31, 2019
Yikes, that does sound like a lot. I can only suspect that the panes of glass are causing everything to slow down. To render Patricia's mansion I usually have to flood the area with ghost lights and up the exposure in order to get render times down to reasonable.

Are there any point lights in the prison? Found out the reason the Nightclub takes so long is that the lighting is all with point lights, which ends up taking forever and being grainy.
Yes, HDRI light coming through the glasses create a volumetric environment inside the room and that somehow created a good ray effect(I didn't really wanted a good ray effect). I believe this is the reason for this grainy environment and long render time.

There is no point lights, I usually don't use them. I tend to use ghost lights to light up darker areas.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alley_Cat
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes