I don't like what I see no more
Sometimes I wish that I was blind
Sometimes I wait forever
To stand out in the rain
So no one sees me cryin'
Trying to wash away the pain
View attachment 1289758
The rain effect on the window didn't turn out like I had hoped
I can see a bit of the rain but, definitely not a Scottish downpour. The reflection though has worked quite well. Kudos.

Penfold Mole

Engaged Member
Respected User
May 22, 2017
View attachment 1289758
The rain effect on the window didn't turn out like I had hoped
I really don't know what I'm talking about, but maybe changing the direction of the main light source from outside of the window to inside and/or possibly adding an additional light to the camera itself would make the raindrops on the glass more visible. At least that's how real raindrops would react in real environment.
Right now it looks like they are reflecting light mostly away from the camera, outside the window and only the light reflecting from Soph's skin (acting as an inside light source) reflects some of it into the camera.

Reactions: Old Dog

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I really don't know what I'm talking about, but maybe changing the direction of the main light source from outside of the window to inside and/or possibly adding an additional light to the camera itself would make the raindrops on the glass more visible. At least that's how real raindrops would react in real environment.
Right now it looks like they are reflecting light mostly away from the camera, outside the window and only the light reflecting from Soph's skin (acting as an inside light source) reflects some of it into the camera.
Any advice is always welcome so thankyou

Reactions: Penfold Mole

Old Dog

Formerly 'Old Sea Dog'
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
If you decrease the forehead size you will get rid of that black mark/scratch.
This is not meant as criticism but helpful advice.
You can also goto the rendering tab and set the progressive rendering to
Set max time 0 and max samples how many you want. It will stop at sample what you set. 3000, 5000, 7500 whatever you set.

Last edited:

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Good looking yes. But often I see that hair is not falling down as it should. I guess it is not easy to do.
Some of the hard part is just finding hair that will simulate properly. One of the reasons I suspect Sophia is going to the salon on playable day 13 is so L&P can update her hair to something that simulates.

Once you found a good hair asset simulating it is generally fairly easy, it just takes a lot of time to work out how to do it.

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
Has been awhile I'm sorry since the conclusion of "Chaper2 - Sunday at the beach" but I am finally in a position to continue... There are changes now to how I propose to continue this in format and have spent a lot of time over the last month in development of panel formats, render sizes and asset gathering.. In continuation of the story there were a few items I wanted to be able to fully explain so I thought running an epilogue to Sunday was the best course of action to lay ground work for ch3.. As per the game my intention would be to run chapters similar to the game so each one represents a Day. The current two stories are portrayed on Saturday night and Sunday.. Chapter 3 will kick off on Monday morning (San Alejo time).. Therefore a short mini chapter of which these are the 1st 8 pages is referred to as Ch2.1.. Enjoy and I hope the new format is to everyone's liking. Constructive feedback always welcome.

keefer43

Dec 24, 2019
Has been awhile I'm sorry since the conclusion of "Chaper2 - Sunday at the beach" but I am finally in a position to continue... There are changes now to how I propose to continue this in format and have spent a lot of time over the last month in development of panel formats, render sizes and asset gathering.. In continuation of the story there were a few items I wanted to be able to fully explain so I thought running an epilogue to Sunday was the best course of action to lay ground work for ch3.. As per the game my intention would be to run chapters similar to the game so each one represents a Day. The current two stories are portrayed on Saturday night and Sunday.. Chapter 3 will kick off on Monday morning (San Alejo time).. Therefore a short mini chapter of which these are the 1st 8 pages is referred to as Ch2.1.. Enjoy and I hope the new format is to everyone's liking. Constructive feedback always welcome.
Excellent

Sonny86

Feb 25, 2021
Another homerun!! It's gonna get wild I'm thinking!! Keep it up my friend!!!

Jun 8, 2020
we need this.

• Love
Reactions: ST-9Pol

ST-9Pol

May 14, 2018
we need this.
Just trying to take stories beyond the game with characters that are loved (and sometimes hated.. yes Dylan I im am looking at you :D ) To fill the gaps between updates. Please note these fan art stories are never to be considered companion fiction to the game.. I build, substitute and introduce parallel universe stories that will complement or go places the game will never go.. but if you have been reading along I'm sure you are all aware of this.. :devilish:

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes