Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
The lighting is still tricky for me but ask away but I do think that your lighting in this render is not too bad.
I would spend more time on the expressions of Sophia/Liam and the black guy and also on the poses of the guy and Ellie.
Have a look at HDRI skies /Ghost Lighting so play a round a bit also spotlight gives a more natural lighting effect so don't be afraid and play a round.
Please don't take this as criticism as it is just meant as some helpful advice and you can PM me anytime if you ever want anymore help/advice
Agreed. The main thing for me was their expressions... I was honestly a little creeped out by them. ;) But a good start.

I would have tried to make some unique expressions with more emotions and maybe have Ellie grabbing him somehow... I try and find ways to express how someone feels through their body movements and face etc.

As for lighting... I'm still working on my own lighting. You (Old Dog) have made some awesome progress in that area.

The important thing is to keep messing around with it. Nobody starts off knowing it all. I am still learning myself, but I like to experiment (I just made some good progress with using the camera depth of field, lighting, glass refractions etc... in new renders I am redoing that REALLY improved my scenes).

Kai Andersen

May 1, 2018
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes