Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
View attachment 1876051

here is the denoiser in daz and you have to put both options on.

So you dont have to go the intel road .. that one just is a tad better in quality and it is standalone and therefor more useful for older renders and batch denoising and so on.
Basically the same as mine but I have Micheal instead of Gaussain and pixel filer radius is set to 10

Sep 2, 2020
Basically the same as mine but I have Micheal instead of Gaussain and pixel filer radius is set to 10
I actually don't use the denoiser usually so i didnt care about the values but thought that seemed about right...but thats something to play around with but the bigger the radius the worst the quality is in general you wanna keep that as small as possible but at least above 1.

The more important point was that one has to put BOTH post denoiser available and post denoiser Enable on On for it to work which is pure daz stupidity to make that an extra point ;) because its very easy to just check the first one and to think its on but its not.

Blender has both nvidia and intel denoiser built in and the nvidia one is much faster of course and the intel one is a tiny bit finer in quality. At least last time i checked.

Reactions: Jack Adams

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I actually don't use the denoiser usually so i didnt care about the values but thought that seemed about right...but thats something to play around with but the bigger the radius the worst the quality is in general you wanna keep that as small as possible but at least above 1.

The more important point was that one has to put BOTH post denoiser available and post denoiser Enable on On for it to work which is pure daz stupidity to make that an extra point ;) because its very easy to just check the first one and to think its on but its not.

Blender has both nvidia and intel denoiser built in and the nvidia one is much faster of course and the intel one is a tiny bit finer in quality. At least last time i checked.
I think that Daz was invented on a drunken Sunday afternoon in a garden shed

Sep 2, 2020
What you present here is exactly what I did (sans start iteration at 100), and you saw the result. Your demonstration clearly showed that for the environment I created the Intel denoiser is far superior. Again, I appreciate your time helping me in my effort.
Jack.
Im pretty sure you forget you actually enabled the denoiser since your picture wasent denoised at all.
There is the show denoiser option so to speak and then the actual enable it option.

THe itreation doesent matter that much besides it wastes time if you put it on a value that is too low since the denoiser is then triggered for every preview update. Those btw are best kept higher too since those are wasting resources too.

And sorry if i sound or sounded mean it isnt meant that way otherwise i wouldnt try to help in the first place. So go ahead with that gpu but dont be shocked if that isnt the one stop shop solution to your problems you might think it is.
Btw a lot of people render the enviremont as hdri without the chars and then the chars alone with that hdri in the background.
There is a lot and i mean a lot of time to invested to get decent results in 3d graphics besides just rendering times.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019

While Jack was in the yard doing masonry work he ran another render using all the DAZ denoiser settings you suggested, and this is the result:
A59013g (Sophia) I recently learned that Carl has increased the corruption with compulsion.jpg
There is obviously some other factor going on that is preventing a good clean denoised render on my machine using the DAZ denoiser. It is possible that Jack is making some error in another setting outside those you posted. Jack suspects that the hardware is simply crippled by the demands of the scene.
Jack.

Reactions: Monocabra
Sep 2, 2020
While Jack was in the yard doing masonry work he ran another render using all the DAZ denoiser settings you suggested, and this is the result:
View attachment 1876358
There is obviously some other factor going on that is preventing a good clean denoised render on my machine using the DAZ denoiser. It is possible that Jack is making some error in another setting outside those you posted. Jack suspects that the hardware is simply crippled by the demands of the scene.
Jack.
Well there are only to options left. U either rendering with cpu which seem to not be able to use the denoiser as i just tested that. Or you have less rendering samples than iteration samples to start in the denoiser setting which also blocks the denoiser from doing anything.

Anyway have a nice weekend. And if you use cpu for rendering than use the intel denoiser stuff i posted that should work with cpu only.

Reactions: Jack Adams

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
In spite of the gracious help offered by Old Dog WhiteWolf619 Night Hacker and DrDougDoesDOS this is the best render Jack can get after denoiser and other tricks:
View attachment 1875965
This environment is just too demanding for Ol' Janky Bolts. As a result, Jack has decided to take an hiatus from rendering while he schedules an appointment to have his computer upgraded to a 3080 graphics card and optimal companion hardware. Jack recently received the graphics card, although other responsibilities have taken precedence over having it installed. No longer... Jack has now made the installation a priority. My friends who enjoy my crossover story deserve better than this grainy non-sense! Jack will schedule the appointment, and let people know when the computer goes in so it is known that he will be MIA for the duration.
Thank you all for your patience, Jack.
PS If I missed anyone in my shout out, it is my lack of morning coffee, not an intentional slight.
Usually denoising will not kick in without enough VRAM. What I have done in the past to conquer this, is to either render the background and a character or two first, then if you have additional characters, render them separately without anything else in the scene and then add them to the render later. If not that, than a simple DAZ only solution is to do a spot render for each half of the scene and then combine them later.

In this example I select the spot render tool at the top, then I set it to "New Window" in the tool settings on the left (important). Then I select half the screen (in this case, the left half) and it will only render that half...

Clipboard01.jpg

The result will be something like this... then just repeat the same work for the right half. I will usually also HIDE any character (like the Alien, book etc) before I render so less VRAM is needed as that half is not being rendered. Then when I render the alien half, i will hide Sophia and combine the two halves later.

Spot Render.jpg

You can also save a lot of VRAM by hiding different body parts, eyes, tongue, jaw etc... of characters that are not visible in the scene as I have discussed in here before. Every little bit counts.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
or actually activate the denoiser in daz studio which you most certainly did not. :)
He may have activated it, but if he ran out of VRAM, than DAZ will drop to CPU rendering only and it will not denoise it. I have had it happen. This usually means there wasn't enough VRAM to denoise the image.

I think using that intel denoiser is a good option in this case though.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Thank you for the info. Yes, this was my first attempt using the DAZ denoiser, not the Intel denoiser. I agree that was is offered by DAZ didn't work well for me at all. I also agree that since this is my first attempt using a denoiser that I don't yet know what I am doing, but isn't that the nature of things? In any case I appreciate that you took the time to give me the links. I will download them, and will see if I can get Intel denoiser to work for me. I am still going to have the graphics card installed.
Thanks again for your time, Jack.
I use it in ALL my renders, this is my settings... no delay in it starting, I want it working right from the get go...

Denoiser Settings.jpg

Whitekink

Apr 17, 2022
Added some wet detail to the clothing. View attachment 1876634
and with sound.
View attachment 1876638
Now here's a thing.
I was going to ask how difficult/impossible it would be to add soaked clothing to your/any scene and there you did it.
Is it possible/easy/difficult to do?!
I can imagine a thin white shirt may be easier......more transparent, but what about a soaked garment clinging?!
Sorry for the questions, just intrigued.

Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
Usually denoising will not kick in without enough VRAM. What I have done in the past to conquer this, is to either render the background and a character or two first, then if you have additional characters, render them separately without anything else in the scene and then add them to the render later. If not that, than a simple DAZ only solution is to do a spot render for each half of the scene and then combine them later.

In this example I select the spot render tool at the top, then I set it to "New Window" in the tool settings on the left (important). Then I select half the screen (in this case, the left half) and it will only render that half...

View attachment 1876708

The result will be something like this... then just repeat the same work for the right half. I will usually also HIDE any character (like the Alien, book etc) before I render so less VRAM is needed as that half is not being rendered. Then when I render the alien half, i will hide Sophia and combine the two halves later.

View attachment 1876709

You can also save a lot of VRAM by hiding different body parts, eyes, tongue, jaw etc... of characters that are not visible in the scene as I have discussed in here before. Every little bit counts.
The first thing I want to say is that I consider your technical skill impressive. Jack is a reasonably capable guy. However, he is a guy who has demands from more than one direction made on him. Under more relaxed conditions Jack would delve deeply into your very good suggestions now. As things stand, Jack wants/needs to dwell in a comfort zone when it comes to DAZ until the winter when hard physical labor is over for the year. Jack very much appreciates your suggestions, and please continue with them. Jack is taking notes.
On a humorous note, your blurred version looks like a creative way to create a depth-of-field affect ;)
Jack has the 3080 graphics card in his possession, and the compatible components will arrive in the next few days. The appointment for refit will soon be made and Jack will have a kewel system instead of Ol' Janky Bolts.
Very appreciative, Jack.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
The first thing I want to say is that I consider your technical skill impressive. Jack is a reasonably capable guy. However, he is a guy who has demands from more than one direction made on him. Under more relaxed conditions Jack would delve deeply into your very good suggestions now. As things stand, Jack wants/needs to dwell in a comfort zone when it comes to DAZ until the winter when hard physical labor is over for the year. Jack very much appreciates your suggestions, and please continue with them. Jack is taking notes.
On a humorous note, your blurred version looks like a creative way to create a depth-of-field affect ;)
Jack has the 3080 graphics card in his possession, and the compatible components will arrive in the next few days. The appointment for refit will soon be made and Jack will have a kewel system instead of Ol' Janky Bolts.
Very appreciative, Jack.
I have used the blurred vision effect myself quite often in my renders and indeed it does give a very nice effect.
On a side note I don't use the cameras that come with daz

Last edited:

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
I have used the blurred vision effect myself quite often in my renders and indeed it does give a very nice effect.
On a side note I don't use the cameras that come with daz
I always use the cameras as they are saved with your scene, so you don't have to reposition your view each time. You can also easily setup depth of field effects if you wish, fairly easily. And while most "professional" tutorials tell you to never use the camera's headlamp for light... I use it. You can adjust where the lamp is in relation to the camera's position as well as the brightness of it... so it can be handy when you just need a little more lighting. I will often set up more than one camera. Some shots can be difficult to position that view and when I get it right, I want it saved. Just use your perspective view to get the right view, click camera and tell it to add it to where your perspective view is, then click to HIDE the camera so you don't see it in your scene (unless you use depth of field, in which case you want it visible to adjust that).

I don't use depth of field a lot, but it can be nice. In that last subway test render I used it.

Reactions: Old Dog

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
I always use the cameras as they are saved with your scene, so you don't have to reposition your view each time. You can also easily setup depth of field effects if you wish, fairly easily. And while most "professional" tutorials tell you to never use the camera's headlamp for light... I use it. You can adjust where the lamp is in relation to the camera's position as well as the brightness of it... so it can be handy when you just need a little more lighting. I will often set up more than one camera. Some shots can be difficult to position that view and when I get it right, I want it saved. Just use your perspective view to get the right view, click camera and tell it to add it to where your perspective view is, then click to HIDE the camera so you don't see it in your scene (unless you use depth of field, in which case you want it visible to adjust that).

I don't use depth of field a lot, but it can be nice. In that last subway test render I used it.
I only use two cameras one for zooming a round and the main camera,I guess that I just find it easier this way

Reactions: Night Hacker
4.60 star(s) 11 Votes