Fan Art A Wife And Mother Fan Art

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Old Dog, I examined the bedroom curtains in more detail (after re-installing part 1 of the game and taking more screenshots) and I think I have nailed down what he changed about them. They're the same curtains and door, nothing replaced, but he changed the transparency of the curtains and he altered the limits on them so they could be closed further. First, a screenshot from the game...
AWAM-In Game Curtains.jpg
Notice the pattern on the curtains (you can adjust this) and how transparent they are. More importantly, notice the wrinkles at the bottom of the curtains. Now compare this to this render I just did...
AWAM-Curtain Render1.jpg
The pattern and curtain wrinkles are the same, so it's the same curtain, only my pattern doesn't show up as well due to a poor background, but that's my fault. Still need to add in the houses and sky. Anyhow... then there's the door handles which you can see are the same as the in game screenshot below...
AWAM-InGame-Door.jpg
Note that all my screenshots were taken from around Day 17 in the story, just to make certain I caught any changes he may have made after Day 1.

Now to change the limits on the curtains so they can close all the way, you need to select the curtains (duh), and then in the parameter tab, under the "Actor" section, you click on the gear icon under "Open Drapes" and adjust the limits. I adjusted the "Min" limit to -86.0 which allows them to close perfectly (you can also just turn limits off completely, but I like this)...
AWAM-Drapes1.jpg

To make the curtains more transparent, like in the game, you need to click on the curtains (again, duh), go to the Surfaces Tab and then in the "Geometry" section, you adjust the "Cutout Opacity". I set mine to 0.80 which seems about right, but that's anyone's guess. In this section you can also adjust the Horizontal and Vertical Tiles, which adjusts how many times the texture is repeated on the curtains, in this case, 20 times each way. If you look, you can see where it repeats, it doesn't look like the Dev changed the tiling, just the opacity (how transparent it is), but this is useful to know about as I used it to recreate a wall. Adjusting the tiling offset can help you line two seperate objects up and eliminate seams between them, anyhow...
AWAM - Curtain settings.jpg

Last edited:

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Old Dog, I examined the bedroom curtains in more detail (after re-installing part 1 of the game and taking more screenshots) and I think I have nailed down what he changed about them. They're the same curtains and door, nothing replaced, but he changed the transparency of the curtains and he altered the limits on them so they could be closed further. First, a screenshot from the game...
View attachment 1914392
Notice the pattern on the curtains (you can adjust this) and how transparent they are. More importantly, notice the wrinkles at the bottom of the curtains. Now compare this to this render I just did...
View attachment 1914393
The pattern and curtain wrinkles are the same, so it's the same curtain, only my pattern doesn't show up as well due to a poor background, but that's my fault. Still need to add in the houses and sky. Anyhow... then there's the door handles which you can see are the same as the in game screenshot below...
View attachment 1914396
Note that all my screenshots were taken from around Day 17 in the story, just to make certain I caught any changes he may have made after Day 1.

Now to change the limits on the curtains so they can close all the way, you need to select the curtains (duh), and then in the parameter tab, under the "Actor" section, you click on the gear icon under "Open Drapes" and adjust the limits. I adjusted the lower limit to -86.0 which allows them to close perfectly (you can also just turn limits off completely, but I like this)...
View attachment 1914402

To make the curtains more transparent, like in the game, you need to click on the curtains (again, duh), go to t he Surfaces Tab and then in the "Geometry" section, you adjust the "Cutout Opacity". I set mine to 0.80 which seems about right, but that's anyone's guess. In this section you can also adjust the Horizontal and Vertical Tiles, which adjusts how many times the texture is repeated on the curtains, in this case, 20 times each way. If you look, you can see where it repeats, it doesn't look like t he Dev changed the tiling, just the opacity (how transparent it is), but this is useful to know about as I used it to recreate a wall. Adjusting the tiling offset can help you line two seperate objects up and eliminate seams between them, anyhow...
View attachment 1914408
Nice catch mate.
I normally just change the textures o the drapes but nice to know

Last edited:
Reactions: Night Hacker

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
I don't recall those types of chairs having removable soft parts for cleaning in real life. At least not the ones I was around. Nice asset anyhow.
Right, I mentioned it as an error of dev. Normally it would be something wooden or a metal structure with removable soft parts. I say this because, due to high temperatures, sweat is absorbed and is harder to clean.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Right, I mentioned it as an error of dev. Normally it would be something wooden or a metal structure with removable soft parts. I say this because, due to high temperatures, sweat is absorbed and is harder to clean.
Still looking for hat bloody asset

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Redone my Ellie and Sam render. 400 iterations, denoise on the last iteration (400th). Anyhow, somehow my "Max Path Length" got shortened to 4, rather than the default of -1 (unlimited).

First, the original render with only 4 in the path...
AWAM - Ellie and Sam 1-LPL4.jpg

And now with unlimited... (-1).
AWAM - Ellie and Sam 1.jpg

It makes a big difference. I thought something was a little off with this, given the light coming into the window.

From what I am told, 7 is the minimum to have for this value, though I prefer unlimited as lighting is vital.
Max Path Length.jpg

Dom Toretto

Apr 17, 2020
I think we need some fan art of Melinda from foot of the mountain Jessica o Neil hard news and Sophia from awam now that be a hell of 3sum

Reactions: IronLuke5

Kthulu_SFM

May 4, 2017
Redone my Ellie and Sam render. 400 iterations, denoise on the last iteration (400th). Anyhow, somehow my "Max Path Length" got shortened to 4, rather than the default of -1 (unlimited).

First, the original render with only 4 in the path...
View attachment 1914741

And now with unlimited... (-1).
View attachment 1914743

It makes a big difference. I thought something was a little off with this, given the light coming into the window.

From what I am told, 7 is the minimum to have for this value, though I prefer unlimited as lighting is vital.
View attachment 1914744
Man, Amazing render!

Something is mesmerizing about Ellie's feet and how they touch the floor... and I'm not even a feet guy hahah (At least I don't think so :ROFLMAO:)

Great work! :giggle:

• Red Heart

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Took me a very long time to learn how to do this.
Thanks mate
Time well spent. I find just experimenting and constantly messing with it teaches me a lot. I definitely have to work on lighting. I heard some things in tutorials about what is called three point lighting which is used in the film industry and whatnot. Daz's lighting definitely frustrates me some days.

Reactions: Old Dog

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Time well spent. I find just experimenting and constantly messing with it teaches me a lot. I definitely have to work on lighting. I heard some things in tutorials about what is called three point lighting which is used in the film industry and whatnot. Daz's lighting definitely frustrates me some days.
I have used the 3 point lighting with Ghost Lighting and also HDRI lighting/spotlight/distant light just to name a few

soure

May 17, 2017
This might be a longshot but does anyone have all the poster images for Dylan's bedroom?

4.60 star(s) 11 Votes