Jack Adams

Mar 1, 2019
I don't get it. I agree that using 'it' to refer to a person sounds awful. But how do you use 'they/them' for a single person?
You are correct that using the plural form is bad grammar when identifying a singular person. The proper way to refer to the singular of unknown gender is to use a proper pronoun (a person's name or title). If we are referring to L&P (without knowing gender) we might say, "L&P's renders are of high quality!" To say, "their renders are of high quality" is an example of lazy expression that has (unfortunately) become widely accepted. The reason for this is because most all people are lazy when they feel they can afford to be.
To answer your question directly...the proper way to use they or them when referring to the singular is when quoting dialogue of someone who uses lazy expression.

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
Did anything forbid him from moving back to the old hardware and produce content during that time?

Still don't understand why doesnt he just user a render farm. It's cheap and crazy fast to render, even at 1440p.
I understand he had already sold the old video cards, so he was kind of stuck until he bought 4 new ones.
Rendering's not the problem. I guess it never was.

And I guess he still had to buy them, for Iray preview, big scenes. And once you buy them, why not use them?

Last edited:

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Did anything forbid him from moving back to the old hardware and produce content during that time?

Still don't understand why doesnt he just user a render farm. It's cheap and crazy fast to render, even at 1440p.
He didn't go into too many details about reversing the process and work with his old GFXs. His explanation was more about troubleshooting and issues with the high-end GFXs. He replaced GFXs with other high-end GFX until he found the compatible ones that worked with DAZ. To me, the ideal would have been reversing the rig back to the original GFX and work on building another rig with the high-end GFX so he didn't have downtime. I don't know why he didn't build a second rig in the first place. Also, I think he sold the old GFXs to help offset the cost of the new ones.

His only communication to me about the render farm idea was that he looked into it, and it wasn't going to work for him. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for him, but that's what he told me. I can only assume he didn't want to risk his CS/Images to fall into someone else's hands.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
He didn't go into too many details about reversing the process and work with his old GFXs. His explanation was more about troubleshooting and issues with the high-end GFXs. He replaced GFXs with other high-end GFX until he found the compatible ones that worked with DAZ. To me, the ideal would have been reversing the rig back to the original GFX and work on building another rig with the high-end GFX so he didn't have downtime. I don't know why he didn't build a second rig in the first place. Also, I think he sold the old GFXs to help offset the cost of the new ones.

His only communication to me about the render farm idea was that he looked into it, and it wasn't going to work for him. I have no clue why it wouldn't work for him, but that's what he told me. I can only assume he didn't want to risk his CS/Images to fall into someone else's hands.
Dude, I think I already explained this like a million times! It's because I never render scenes in a row like others do! Every single render I adjust before pressing the render button! Only the lighting has already different adjustments for every camera perspective! Plus I frequently find mistakes during rendering which would make rendering in a row and a render farm completely senseless for me. Plus, you see that created scenes and rendered scenes walk almost hand in hand during the development process. You should understand that I cannot render more than I've created, right? So, you're diggin in the wrong area!

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019

I think he shoots 4-5 renders for the same scene. Like a real director. :cool:
Word on the street is Sophia's getting a little tired of L&P. That he's pretentious, that he's despotic. Sophia says he's complicated to work with. Gossip.:ROFLMAO:

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
Dude, I think I already explained this like a million times! It's because I never render scenes in a row like others do! Every single render I adjust before pressing the render button! Only the lighting has already different adjustments for every camera perspective! Plus I frequently find mistakes during rendering which would make rendering in a row and a render farm completely senseless for me. Plus, you see that created scenes and rendered scenes walk almost hand in hand during the development process. You should understand that I cannot render more than I've created, right? So, you're diggin in the wrong area!
I don't know anything about game development so I would like to ask you. Would just creating scenes first with the necessary precautions and then rendering them not work for you. You could really skyrocket your speed if you could look into trying to make it happen.

This present working style does constrain your output I feel.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Dr.SigmundFap

abram1

May 24, 2020
Son of a, this forum getting more interesting day by day. When there's nothing more to gossip about, work ethic and the quantity of images had been dissected, 'tis time for grammar lessons.
Knowing from the personal experience, English-speaking folks tend not to learn other languages, as it has become the lingua franca nowadays. So, why bother while others had to adjust to you and not the other way around. There're plenty of exceptions which only highlights this fact. I could be wrong, but moralizing on this subject is usually comes from those, who just can't express themselves in foreign languages, at least not on a sufficient level.
In my native idiom I'm making mistakes occasionally, for sure committing a pile of them in others. Noting mistakes is fine, but it's like seeing a speck in one's eye, forgetting about the log in your own.

Wot are you doing here, Herr Game Developer? The audience is raving, sort of demanding v0.130 in last month, and we've missed the station already. Chop-chop, stop browsing this stupid thread, 42 pages of Word won't translate themselves.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
Getting help doesn't work for you.
Using a render farm won't work for you.
Using pre-rendered set pieces won't work for you.
Creating a plan/storyboard before you begin rendering won't work for you.
etc, etc, etc.

Between all of the baseless complaints in this thread, I have seen good suggestions that have worked for other devs. And every single time they don't work for you. Have you ever stopped to ask "why"? Why is it that you can't find someone who has the skills necessary to help you? Why is it that you don't develop your game in a way that would make a render farm useful? Why is it that pre-rendered environments/poses can't be used when other great games use them to save time? Why is it that you can't make a plan for how many renders you'll need until you're into the rendering process itself?

Could it be that maybe, just maybe, your development process is inefficient? Otherwise it just sounds like you're too stubborn to change.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
etc, etc, etc.

Between all of the baseless complaints in this thread, I have seen good suggestions that have worked for other devs. And every single time they don't work for you. Have you ever stopped to ask "why"? Why is it that you can't find someone who has the skills necessary to help you? Why is it that you don't develop your game in a way that would make a render farm useful? Why is it that pre-rendered environments/poses can't be used when other great games use them to save time? Why is it that you can't make a plan for how many renders you'll need until you're into the rendering process itself?

Could it be that maybe, just maybe, your development process is inefficient? Otherwise it just sounds like you're too stubborn to change.
I'm very pleased that it worked for others.

hzjujk

Sep 19, 2020
etc, etc, etc.

Say I don't mean to be rude, but are you a supporter or a pirate? I find their statements quite rude and if they are not a supporter they are presumptuous. You are expressing your opinion here, but I can only hear the anger and frustration that L&P simply does not want to listen to you. You want more, that's understandable, but you won't get anything this way! I think it's starting to feel as satisfying for some here to complain about the development process as it is to complain about playing the game ...

Sophiewedssam

Aug 14, 2020
I don't think Sophia and Sam will get anything more than a moment alone, but in that moment sparks may fly. This concert won't be the event for them, but it may set up the event down the road. I can see Sophia finally admitting at/after the concert that she is attracted to Sam, and that opening the door for future events. So while I don't think we'll get much action at the concert (though something will happen, and it will be hot) I think we'll all remember the concert as a big step in their relationship.
I have something to say here, firstly Sam loves Sophia and sophia alone. He wants MILF. Sophia on the other hand tries to convince Sam about how his feelings are towards Ellie - she even asks if he has a gf.
I dont see Sam is actually interested in anyone else other than Sophie. He becomes upsets when sophia tries to add his name with any other girl.
So i believe there will be something for Sophia-Sam in the next update.

P.S. - I will personally be really upset with dev if he tries to shift Sophia Sam story from AWAM and adds some other girl/lady for Sam.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
etc, etc, etc.

Gingersweetgirl, please remember that all the devs/artists use different methodologies to suit their purposes. I am happy he is not using Serial Number Comics methodolgies (just sayin'). He has set a specific standard for his game from the beginning. It is his standard not someone else's. Ultimately, you must accept that or move on. Making suggestions to improve or different techniques may find a spot so we should continue that. However, getting bent because he does not agree will not change anything.

t3alqdansam

Engaged Member
Jan 30, 2021
I have something to say here, firstly Sam loves Sophia and sophia alone. He wants MILF. Sophia on the other hand tries to convince Sam about how his feelings are towards Ellie - she even asks if he has a gf.
I dont see Sam is actually interested in anyone else other than Sophie. He becomes upsets when sophia tries to add his name with any other girl.
So i believe there will be something for Sophia-Sam in the next update.

P.S. - I will personally be really upset with dev if he tries to shift Sophia Sam story from AWAM and adds some other girl/lady for Sam.
May need to rerun that pool scene. Sam basically admits he has the hots for Ellie as well. Oh, and be prepared to be upset. As Forrest Gump would say

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Wot are you doing here, Herr Game Developer? The audience is raving, sort of demanding v0.130 in last month, and we've missed the station already. Chop-chop, stop browsing this stupid thread, 42 pages of Word won't translate themselves.
I think the guy also sometimes wants to chat with someone. He looked here, and then there were only complaints and instead of communication, explanations about the work. Poor guy!

3.20 star(s) 461 Votes