BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Unless he was trying something to achieve this process.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

or it could have been a mistake.
No, that's not it. That effect is very easy to obtain and L&P has done it plenty of times, if you go on fan art you'll see artists there achieving the same effect. The issue with the legs of that asset isn't that. My first impression is that it's DOF + denoiser used to soon and it's the denoiser messing it up.
Since there isn't much info for the denoiser to work with in the beggining of the render and the DOF effect takes time to render correctly, there were only a few shades of color and it gave that effect.

That is my amateur guess

Last edited:

Atton563

Co-Developer of Elite Garden
Game Developer
Feb 22, 2019
L&P is so nice he answer my 2 question: about save games and Milf Claire (marie´s mother):
1-You need to download part 1 from my website again or a special patch. At the end of part 1 (0.150) you will be asked to save your game. Then in Part 2 the game will ask you for that save
2 There will be something but not much. And much later
Is that something between Sophia, Patrica or Dylan?

Bane71

Apr 21, 2020
Perfectly fine is not how I would describe this render and any render I've seen from this update.
I don't know which direction L&P's artstyle is going for, but these last renders are not close to the quality of the previous updates.

Everything looks cell shaded, almost like he's doing 20% of the render and then using a denoiser to clean it up, which gives this cartoonish look.
That could explain exactly why we see this effect under the table.
Either that or we're looking at the work of a different artist.
Although we have seen few renderings from the expected update, I also got the impression that the quality of the work is somewhat worse and it differs from the previous L&P standards.
We will probably be able to give a more accurate assessment after the update, but the fact that not only I, but also other forum participants express the same opinion gives grounds to assume that the quality has changed, but not for the better.
I really hope this is a deceptive impression.

BOOM BOOM BOOM BOOM

Jun 25, 2017
Although we have seen few renderings from the expected update, I also got the impression that the quality of the work is somewhat worse and it differs from the previous L&P standards.
We will probably be able to give a more accurate assessment after the update, but the fact that not only I, but also other forum participants express the same opinion gives grounds to assume that the quality has changed, but not for the better.
I really hope this is a deceptive impression.
I'll be fair, I don't mind the quality coming down but if the premise for the updates to take so much time is "Quality is great so it takes longer to do" then if the quality comes down, this update should have been faster by the same logic.

This "special dev" might just be a substitute artist and if you take into account how many "game developers" got delayed in the past 6 months with bs reasons and the rumours that there are only a few artists providing art for most of the games then plenty of things start to make sense, specially when you have someone that is suposedly in control of every aspect of his VN but that can't give any correct prediction for each update for years now.

Kakato

Engaged Member
Feb 25, 2017
Has anybody else noticed how big the chair looks that Sophia is sitting in?It looks really wide.
Mind you that could be the camera angle or the lighting
LOL. Please, man, don't do that. Don't give some guys here a reason to create new theories. After the handbag and blur saga, we might see 10 pages of theories based on the Chair Saga. hahahaha. :HideThePain:

eastdot.

Jan 3, 2022
Just clarify people in this thread, I'm sure it's not the effect of DOF or denoise, it's a setting in the surface that makes it look like that and comes by default on those desk legs. You need to change it in order to show up correctly.

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
Lol, it's always funny to read comments here from people with obviously limited understanding and knowledge both of art programs and art in general, trying to discuss detailed stuff about it like experts. It's a little bit like watching a monkey trying to solve tricky mathematical problems :) I think those special persons here know who I'm talking about ;)

Just for fun I'll tell you quickly what's the real deal.

The table leg is not my mistake nor an artistic mistake in general. And I really need to laugh reading a comment of a well known troll postulating it's because of the "Daz denoiser"! How the heck a denoiser should give such an effect??? Yes, the Daz denoiser is horrible but it doesn't matter how horrible it is, it can't cause such an effect just on the table leg part of the image! I never use the denoiser because it flattens the textures. And even in case the denoiser would have caused this leg thing, the entire image would be blurry which is not the case!

That the leg looks like this is because the creator of that asset decided to give it a more "glassy look" by reducing the opacity. I didn't even notice anything wrong with it and also left it like this "glassy". My main focus was also more on stuff above it.

I re-rendered this scene and here you can see the difference with opacity low and full:

Low opacity table leg:
Day20_3_2_Sophia_Morello_talking.png

Full opacity table leg:
Day20_3_2_Sophia_Morello_talking2.png

OK, maybe this looks really better. I also edited some minor stuff, so thanks for the hint with it anyway.

Furthermore, for those who complain about my art is getting worse, probably just because they either have nothing else to do in their life or just out of fun keep digging out ridiculous details to keep bullshitting on my game.
Here's the difference between the standard Daz Studio render, which is already edited a lot in the program, taking the most out of it:
Day20_3_2_Sophia_Morello_talking2.png

And here's the edited and enhanced version, giving it a more cinematic look, which also takes a lot of steps in PS:
Day20_3_2_Sophia_Morello_talking3.png

And here's the final upscaled and corrected version:
Day20_3_2_Sophia_Morello_talking3-lines-scale-1_00x.png

The sharpness in direct comparison:
Upscaled_difference.gif

And here the direct comparison between the Daz standard render, which is already practically the best you can do with the program, and the final result which will be used in the game:
Before_After_comparison.gif

See, how many steps are necessary to make it look like the final result? So, if this art quality isn't good enough, I'd like to see something better! Especially from the "fan art" which some people praise here so much being better! And this is not even the most demanding render of the update, btw!

DIRTY FILTHY Animal

Formerly 'DIRTY Filthy RAT'
Jun 11, 2020
Lol, it's always funny to read comments here from people with obviously limited understanding and knowledge both of art programs and art in general, trying to discuss detailed stuff about it like experts. It's a little bit like watching a monkey trying to solve tricky mathematical problems :) I think those special persons here know who I'm talking about ;)

The table leg is not my mistake nor an artistic mistake in general. And I really need to laugh reading a comment of a well known troll postulating it's because of the "Daz denoiser"! How the heck a denoiser should give such an effect??? Yes, the Daz denoiser is horrible but it doesn't matter how horrible it is, it can't cause such an effect just on the table leg part of the image! I never use the denoiser because it flattens the textures. And even in case the denoiser would have caused this leg thing, the entire image would be blurry which is not the case!

That the leg looks like this is because the creator of that asset decided to give it a more "glassy look" by reducing the opacity. I didn't even notice anything wrong with it and also left it like this "glassy". My main focus was also more on stuff above it.

I re-rendered this scene and here you can see the difference with opacity low and full:

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

OK, maybe this looks really better. I also edited some minor stuff, so thanks for the hint with it anyway.

Furthermore, for those who complain about my art is getting worse, probably just because they either have nothing else to do in their life or just out of fun keep digging out ridiculous details to keep bullshitting on my game.
Here's the difference between the standard Daz Studio render, which is already edited a lot in the program, taking the most out of it:
View attachment 1657433

And here's the edited and enhanced version, giving it a more cinematic look, which also takes a lot of steps in PS:
View attachment 1657435

View attachment 1657454

View attachment 1657479

And here the direct comparison between the Daz standard render, which is already practically the best you can do with the program, and the final result which will be used in the game:
View attachment 1657543

See, how many steps are necessary to make it look like the final result? So, if this art quality isn't good enough, I'd like to see something better! Especially from the "fan art" which some people praise here so much being better! And this is not even the most demanding render of the update, btw!
So, how’s the update coming?

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

View attachment 1657433

View attachment 1657435

View attachment 1657454

View attachment 1657479

View attachment 1657543

Thankyou for the clarification on my question.

globsis you got it right, it was the glass effect causing the legs to look like that.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

View attachment 1657433

View attachment 1657435

View attachment 1657454

View attachment 1657479

View attachment 1657543

From a scene composition standpoint, would you consider removing the lamp and moving Sophia closer to the desk? The shot feels very fragmented and the main focus is in that ridiculous lamp. Sophia feels like she's a million miles away, and I feel like I have to move my eyes a ton in order to see the scene's most important elements. I'm no expert in Daz or scene composition, but this one feels like it could be improved. At minimum removing the lamp would help a ton.

Just some thoughts to be helpful.

GhostFaceGuy

Sep 16, 2019

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

View attachment 1657433

View attachment 1657435

View attachment 1657454

View attachment 1657479

View attachment 1657543

Indeed the pictures are perfectly done, nevertheless the
Perfectionalisation takes a lot of time. The game was started many years ago and has to be developed. Probably there are a lot of people who are ready to sacrifice the development of the plot to the visual effects, but I doubt they are majority of players

DDDIsReal

B.I.T.W.
Donor
Dec 25, 2019

Low opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657425

Full opacity table leg:
View attachment 1657426

View attachment 1657433

View attachment 1657435

View attachment 1657454

View attachment 1657479

View attachment 1657543

here we go, the salty kid try defend his poor ego instead of working

Lust&Passion

Game Developer
Oct 22, 2017
From a scene composition standpoint, would you consider removing the lamp and moving Sophia closer to the desk? The shot feels very fragmented and the main focus is in that ridiculous lamp. Sophia feels like she's a million miles away, and I feel like I have to move my eyes a ton in order to see the scene's most important elements. I'm no expert in Daz or scene composition, but this one feels like it could be improved. At minimum removing the lamp would help a ton.

Just some thoughts to be helpful.
This is just an overview render. It doesn't serve for the conversation per se! It literally just serves as the first impression when they're sitting and talking. Giving a spacial impression. For the conversation I used direct character camera angles. Day20_3_3_Sophia_talks_to_Morello-lines-scale-1_00x.jpeg
Day20_3_4_Morello_talks_to_Sophia-lines-scale-1_00x.jpeg

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
Just a quick question since You are well versed with the game.
How do you find the logic of game being released on an event basis rather than the entire day basis?
Update based on event will be much shorter compared to the entire day like 0.150 and 0.130, this is my guess. Event based updates will have shorter game time and again the cycle will be the same of waiting 2-3 months for the next event of the same day.
The ideal logic should be longer game time within a shorter release period. This is my understanding of what should be achieved. What’s your say?
It is simple
Update only as full day-a whole year without a single update,probably even more
Let's not forget that last 2 years(with updates as 1/2 and 1/3 day)we got a total of 5 updates.And together they are smaller than the last update of another popular game.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Alea iacta est
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes