karleston

May 20, 2022
I make a bit less. but i am sure i work way less than L&P does. And i am happy like that. I have time to make other things i enjoy. You only got one life. so i don't wanna waste it by working too much.

As for is it enough to build a team. Sure it is, but an average one. Like he said good artists aren't cheap

• Haha
Reactions: Toushiro and roro

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
I make a bit less. but i am sure i work way less than L&P does. And i am happy like that. I have time to make other things i enjoy. You only got one life. so i don't wanna waste it by working too much.

As for is it enough to build a team. Sure it is, but an average one. Like he said good artists aren't cheap
I'm not curious about your life
It describes the office worker

And he don't have to hire top-level artists.
Top-level artists are doing their job

LP only needs staff to share work to increase work efficiency.
staff at a reasonable price.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021

and another one

Just because LP looking for an employee, doesn't mean LP hiring them as full-time employees, so stop playing with words.

It's a contract per case.

much cheaper

Reactions: hydraki4678

karleston

May 20, 2022
I'm not curious about your life
It describes the office worker

And you don't have to hire top-level artists.
Top-level artists are doing their job

LP only needs staff to share work to increase work efficiency.
staff at a reasonable price.
Not an office worker. I do product advertisements.

Working with a average team is not a pleasant experience trust me, been there, did that before. you end up trying to compensate the weaknesses of each individual and correcting their work all the time.

tofhdns

Jan 25, 2021
Not an office worker. I do product advertisements.

Working with a average team is not a pleasant experience trust me, been there, did that before. you end up trying to compensate the weaknesses of each individual and correcting their work all the time.
I'm not interested in your life

• Haha
Reactions: hydraki4678

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
L&P makes way more than $7k a month. That number was shown on December 2019 when he had 900 patrons. He's hiding his income ever since, but he's got way more patrons these days, and he's also got a Subscribestar account which also generates income. He's also getting donations unrelated to Patreon and Subscribestar. If I had to take a guess, I'd say he makes roughly $20k before taxes.

That is plenty to hire a translator/writer or even one of the many companies providing professional translation services. Also enough to hire a cheap artist to create his DOL renders for Patreon, which can also save a bunch of time.

But he won't do any of that. He's been saying it for years, but never has he done anything. Not 4 years ago, not last year, not next year. He's simply fooling his supporters. Been the case for the past 5+ years. Won't change, period.

bluehound36

Apr 27, 2017
Sorry, can anyone explain how can these two sentences be interpreted in a non-contradictory way? If it is absolutely impossible how can your goal be to make it happen?
View attachment 2484433
We all know that first statement is a blatant lie. He had relatively decent quality rendering when he first started out and managed to release updates with far more content and it seems like every "goal" he meets, he manages to drag out the development time even longer. Not sure how he could even possibly manage that one at this point but never say never.

If my findings are correct, AWAM started with version 0.150 in October 2017.

After 6 years, AWAM is now at version 0.180 in March 2023

I've only been looking at the PD numbers so far...

Will we ever see version 1.0? lol
March 6570!

Last edited:
Reactions: AlfredBundy4

ihl86

Dec 8, 2019
Hey guys,
im following this thread quite a while but never participated.
I would like to share an answer from L&P to my concerns about the current situation.
It's very nice to see some legit questions and answers.
My question is how much more support does he need before he gets a team? Isn't he already one of the most supported developers out there?
However, I do believe if he gets the game on Steam, his development speed will increase. Steam users are not as patient or understanding as Patreons are, and they will quickly give a game bad reviews if they don't like stuff about it. That alone would be motivation to increase the development pace.

3.40 star(s) 489 Votes