Koiaj

May 31, 2017
So now we have to begin another time right?
Really? Should I? Ok...

WHEN THE NEXT UPDATE??? FUUUUUUUCCCCCKKKOMGGGG WHEEEEN? :eek:o_O

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
I really do have a lot of mixed feelings about this game because on the one hand I love it for its gorgeous renders and characters, and I even somewhat enjoy the measured relationship development and teasing as it actually can be more erotic than sex. But, at the same time, I really dislike the pace particularly with the burden of knowledge that we're not even halfway through the planned number of playable days. However, as much as I'd like the pace to quicken with regards to Sophia having sex with people other than her husband, I don't want it to be too quick and want it to still maintain that meaningful and somewhat realistic feel.

So it's a complicated mess of feelings about this game, but the one thing that stays the same is that I really want to see this game be great, but I also don't want that greatness to take another 10 years. There are so many games out there already that I'd consider great that haven't taken nearly as long as this to achieve their greatness and they too have great stories, they're not just mindless "fuck-em all" games.

The biggest obstacle in terms of the story is Sophia's very rigid morality. Even in this update, she made such a big fuss over Ellie and Julia drinking because they're not 21 even though the must be, what, 19? 20? Hardly something to get her panties in a bunch over, yet they go back and forth on it for so long that you're honestly saying to yourself, "oh for fuck's sake, Sophia, shut up!" She's so frustrating at times that even in the middle of a hot, boner-inducing scene, she kills that boner when her stringent morality rears its ugly head right in the middle of it. Giving her some morals and making her feel uncomfortable with certain things can be fine, but not when you set it to "nun level" morality because it impinges a lot on her advancements and slows the pace too much.

The other biggest problem is L&P themselves because there are areas where they could divest some of the development and seek help from other people, but they're not doing that. I'm fine with them continuing to make the renders themselves as they are the best person for that job, but they could get help with the writing/story development, translation, proofreading and coding/testing. For the writing/story development, finding people who might be willing to cast a glance over their development plans to see where certain things could be adjusted or even cut to quicken the pace towards extra-marital sex scenes yet still make them build in a meaningful way, could prove massively beneficial in terms of cutting down development times if it means they can do more events per update or even more days per update.

Handing someone else the job of translation could obviously save them having to do it, especially if the person is fluent in both German and English, and a native English speaking proofreader could help fix any mistakes like the ones we saw in this update. Then finally, a coder/tester could do a lot of the coding and testing while L&P works on the renders and leave placeholders in the code for either them or L&P to add the titles of the images to later, and perhaps L&P could even send the coder the completed images as they go making this part move even faster.

Doing all this could vastly improve the development of the game and really help it on its way to becoming one of the best out there because I honestly do not understand how anyone can look ahead to how long this game is likely to take and be happy about it. If L&P were to take the rest of the year to find people who could help, and to even readjust some their plans with the help of others, I'd be more than fine with that so long as the quality of the storytelling remains and we're looking, at best, at the game being completed in around 4 or 5 years, not 10+ years.

Jashmyne

Oct 11, 2018
Bacchus, since you have stated this several times. You do know that the version up here is the early access version for 30$ subscribers? That version always has generally bad english in it and bugs. The version that is released in a few days should have better english in it and won't cause any error messages. Mean the new version he uploaded yesterday already fixed the error message and he is working on the text now.

But I do agree someone else could do that for him.

armion82

Devoted Member
Mar 28, 2017
I am sad......I think that maybe no more Alyssa till day 24(Tues) playable day 17/30.
Bye Bye my precious till we meet again.
View attachment 813313
I know how you feel.
Probably that alone will make me change my main path and istead go with Ellie/Julia and the yoga.I will keep Alyssa/Zac as secondary route and additional saves.

Leldorin

Nov 22, 2019
And yet they could have done all of that in a way that didn't turn Dylan into the archetypal creepy perv spying on naked women in the shower. They lowered themselves by putting this sort of thing in the game because we all know what's in Dylan's mind without needing it to be on full display here.

They are other ways for Dylan and Sophia's relationship to advance without him having to see his Mom naked in order to give some sort of motivation to push things further. For example, if the Dylan/Emma pairing didn't end the Dylan storyline and could be run simultaneously to it, then Dylan could have come to Sophia for advice about kissing because he's nervous to do it with Emma, and Sophia would help with "practice". Then Dylan gets a boner from it and asks if she can help with it so she shows him her boobs while he masturbates and she gets turned on by it.

THAT would be better and not only would it make Dylan come across as a lot less pervy, it also advances Sophia's feelings and keeps Emma in the picture too, so it's a triple win, but unfortunately this isn't how it is going to be and we're seemingly stuck with creepy, pervy Dylan. :(

They actually do write it before they start working on the updates, so I'd say it's still the issue of superfluous writing, like the 15 different ways Ellie said pretty much the same thing about how she feels being with Julia.
And to add on what you said, Dylan is becoming more and more an « harem protagonist » . Where a virgin teenager who is awkward with girls, is suddenly super attractive to every woman and their daughters . I know that the game isn’t really realistic (despite what L&P has written in his patreons page) and more on the detailed soap opera side of the story. But why does he has to include one of the biggest cliché in this game which was not about that. For me it seems like now, he’s trying to go for another market ( the harem protagonist teenager) at the same time as the story he was telling before ( the married milf who’s corrupted to fuck around) . I’m not saying he shouldn’t do it but I would have preferred if we had Sophia story finished first and then he can make a complete game about Dylan if he wants to . Because I can already see some continuity errors already in some path, where the characters acts really weird compared to how they would, before reverting to their old self an event later. And I’m not even talking about the technical side of things where characters remember events that you didn’t choose, which is bound to happen more and more as the game progress. But maybe I’m wrong and we won’t have many more of those side characters point of view.

Old Dog

Message Maven
Donor
Jul 20, 2017
Bacchus, since you have stated this several times. You do know that the version up here is the early access version for 30$ subscribers? That version always has generally bad english in it and bugs. The version that is released in a few days should have better english in it and won't cause any error messages. Mean the new version he uploaded yesterday already fixed the error message and he is working on the text now.

AwAm has already been fixed with the update and he is already talking to a programmer whit a lot of experience in renpy

nexer

Forum Fanatic
Feb 5, 2019
And yet they could have done all of that in a way that didn't turn Dylan into the archetypal creepy perv spying on naked women in the shower. They lowered themselves by putting this sort of thing in the game because we all know what's in Dylan's mind without needing it to be on full display here.

They are other ways for Dylan and Sophia's relationship to advance without him having to see his Mom naked in order to give some sort of motivation to push things further. For example, if the Dylan/Emma pairing didn't end the Dylan storyline and could be run simultaneously to it, then Dylan could have come to Sophia for advice about kissing because he's nervous to do it with Emma, and Sophia would help with "practice". Then Dylan gets a boner from it and asks if she can help with it so she shows him her boobs while he masturbates and she gets turned on by it.

THAT would be better and not only would it make Dylan come across as a lot less pervy, it also advances Sophia's feelings and keeps Emma in the picture too, so it's a triple win, but unfortunately this isn't how it is going to be and we're seemingly stuck with creepy, pervy Dylan. :(

They actually do write it before they start working on the updates, so I'd say it's still the issue of superfluous writing, like the 15 different ways Ellie said pretty much the same thing about how she feels being with Julia.
About Dylan, spying them OK, masturbate there, too much.
Let's see the whole picture, Ellie has a boyfriend, a girlfriend, is kissing Sophia. A full sexual life.

Dylan, almost nothing. And I don't think it's his fault. It's a teenager, a future metro-sexual not like his father ((y) Dylan). Spying them, oh yes, 95% of teenager would do this. Pervert, because his aunt and mother are there, but his new interest in Marie excuses that.

And I have to mention it, Sam is also spying.

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Fair enough, but if they did all these things I've suggested then the early access could have better English and perhaps even no bugs at all if the work was handed over to others.

Think about it, if L&P got 1 or even a few people to help with the story development to maybe cut it down it a bit while still maintaining the quality of the relationship building, then once they've got a good script put together they can hand it to the translator while L&P starts work on the renders. Then when the translation is done it can be handed over to the coder who starts writing the code, and the proofreader to check for any mistakes. Once the proofreader is done, they can hand the corrected script to the coder who can go back and make the necessary corrections to the dialogue they've already coded. All the while L&P is working on the renders and once they're done, either at then end or as and when they're done, the coder can add the image titles, test the update, and then it's done.

The longest part of any update is still the render development, but at least this back-end stuff would most probably be done before they're finished the renders, so that would at least cut several weeks out of the development.

3.40 star(s) 488 Votes