I_Love_Moms

Nov 3, 2019
Hey. I realize this must have been discussed multiple times on this thread, but I'm really curious. Will something happen between Sophia and Dylan in this update? I was kinda broken when the dev raised hopes with the massage but then just canceled it. Could we expect to see something in this update?

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Hey. I realize this must have been discussed multiple times on this thread, but I'm really curious. Will something happen between Sophia and Dylan in this update? I was kinda broken when the dev raised hopes with the massage but then just canceled it. Could we expect to see something in this update?
I believe the update after, we will then be gifted with something if my memory banks are correct.

Alley_Cat

Devoted Member
Jul 20, 2019
Only thing with Dylan this update is the bonus storyline, with Dylan, Ellie and Christine.
I believe the update after, we will then be gifted with something if my memory banks are correct.
Unlikely. In the morning of day 13 we'll have Aiden's 4th task and a Morello event. If noon events are included in the update, then there'll be the 2nd side job, bonus storyline and Dylan/Amber.

First event with Sophia and Dylan wont be until the afternoon, and even that is the salon event, so likely Dylan/Marie anyway. First proper Sophia/Dylan event isn't until the evening.

Bishop Robert

Feb 14, 2018
Only thing with Dylan this update is the bonus storyline, with Dylan, Ellie and Christine.

Unlikely. In the morning of day 13 we'll have Aiden's 4th task and a Morello event. If noon events are included in the update, then there'll be the 2nd side job, bonus storyline and Dylan/Amber.

First event with Sophia and Dylan wont be until the afternoon, and even that is the salon event, so likely Dylan/Marie anyway. First proper Sophia/Dylan event isn't until the evening.
So three years is what your saying.

Reactions: t3alqdansam

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
The speed has really fallen over the last week. Hope it is because of some personal work and not because of the loss of enthusiasm he had while starting this update.
Last time PS moved at 10% per day with 1000 renders, this time it's half that with a smaller update ( atleast expected to be presently ).
Also the creation and rendering pace has come down. Initially it looked like he would be done with the Nathalie event's Creation and Rendering by 27 or 28th of last month, but now it's far behind that.
Why are you doing this to yourself? You know from painful first hand experience that development is going to be slow.

GingerSweetGirl

Engaged Member
Aug 23, 2020
I know, but I saw a glimmer of hope this time. Hope dies last they say. I will keep it alive for another week ( giving the benefit of doubt that maybe he had to attend to something urgently outside his work space, would explain why he started PS at a low pace. He could be working on a laptop outside his house, so all he can do is Photoshop the images ). If it stays slow even after this week then I will accept that there is no hope :cry: .
Stop looking at his weekly progression alltogether. What happens if he does increase the pace next week; only to then slow down again the following week? Do you really want to feel encouraged for one week, and then search for answers when he slows down again? Why are you putting yourself on this rollercoaster? Just accept that the game will be out sometime between November 1st and February 1st. There's literally nothing to be gained by watching the percentages slowly tick higher. Even debating Sophia's bag is a better use of your time.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
*Repost

Lust&Passion I think the empty black screens between scenes are annoying and look cheap. It would be better something like the dev from The Office does:

the office.gif

Instead of

screenshot0001.png

Even without the animated text, if you consider it's too much trouble for you, the text in the center of the screen and bigger would be better than at the bottom as everything else.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
November 1st to February 1st :LOL:, such a broad time frame, though I also have to admit that it is believable as well.
Also I am not the kind to justify his delay every single time on his behalf.
He is working differently than last time and this is his first slump in speed since then. So I am not going to be harsh on him now. Ofcourse if this keeps happening again and again in the production cycle then I won't be trying to assume the reasons and accept that even now nothing has changed with speed of development
I personally place my bets on february/march as it is now. I've actually had a glimmer of hope again after his recent productivity and development pace, and I'm usually pretty harsh and pessimistic about L&P's ways of handling things, as you know. But it seems like we are back to "normal", which is sad but also kind of expected by now.

There's another thing I'm struggling to understand as I'm not an expert in this field, so maybe someone can answer this for me...

L&P has seperated the development process in 4 different parts as we all know, right? Creating the scenes (with DAZ and whatnot) makes for the majority of work on every render produced from what I understand. Rendering the already created scenes is pretty much an automated process which takes time, depending on how powerful the computer is, right?

Now, seeing that there was barely any progress made for the past ~2 weeks, I'm wondering why the "Rendering Images" part didn't close in on the "Created Scenes" while L&P was working with PS on already finished renders, which also took way more time than usual as Sabertooth had already mentioned. To me, this would appear as L&P not- or barely working at all lately. Thoughts?

Sabertooth__

Sep 23, 2020
I personally place my bets on february/march as it is now. I've actually had a glimmer of hope again after his recent productivity and development pace, and I'm usually pretty harsh and pessimistic about L&P's ways of handling things, as you know. But it seems like we are back to "normal", which is sad but also kind of expected by now.

There's another thing I'm struggling to understand as I'm not an expert in this field, so maybe someone can answer this for me...

L&P has seperated the development process in 4 different parts as we all know, right? Creating the scenes (with DAZ and whatnot) makes for the majority of work on every render produced from what I understand. Rendering the already created scenes is pretty much an automated process which takes time, depending on how powerful the computer is, right?

Now, seeing that there was barely any progress made for the past ~2 weeks, I'm wondering why the "Rendering Images" part didn't close in on the "Created Scenes" while L&P was working with PS on already finished renders, which also took way more time than usual as Sabertooth had already mentioned. To me, this would appear as L&P not- or barely working at all lately. Thoughts?
That's why I mentioned that maybe he is not at his place or wherever he works on the game. He must be out because of some other important work. Hence a laptop is his only go to option. And no laptop will be able to handle the creation and rendering of the quality he delivers without a GPU. So Photoshop must be his only option, this also would explain why ps is moving slower than last time.

Reactions: palmtrees89

Dan5k74

Oct 6, 2017
Regardless of the outfit style chosen for Sam's performance, one thing is certain: Sophia won't be able to throw her bra on stage.
become_a_rock_star.png
By the way, how's the poll going? Approximately how many Patrons (≥$15) haven't voted yet?

Poser_Voyeur

Nov 14, 2020
*Repost

Lust&Passion I think the empty black screens between scenes are annoying and look cheap. It would be better something like the dev from The Office does:

View attachment 1333283

Instead of

View attachment 1333284

Even without the animated text, if you consider it's too much trouble for you, the text in the center of the screen and bigger would be better than at the bottom as everything else.
Sense of Deja Vu. So you are saying that you want L&P to make a change that would slow down development for no benefit, other for you as an individual to match another VN that you obviously love but keep on going on about incessantly.

Please stop going on about that over-pixelated bimbo or save it for The Office thread.

ashitanojoe

Oct 20, 2019
Sense of Deja Vu. So you are saying that you want L&P to make a change that would slow down development for no benefit, other for you as an individual to match another VN that you obviously love but keep on going on about incessantly.

Please stop going on about that over-pixelated bimbo or save it for The Office thread.
So, are you saying that we can't speak about something we don't like because that will increase the development time?

You know that it's kind of ridiculous talking about slowing down the development for something that almost doesn't require time to be done. It's more about aesthetics than complexity. I feel a bit uncomfortable with those empty screens as many others, so I give my opinion.

I just talked about one aspect of The Office, something that yourself think is not that relevant, and your conclusion is that I love that game? Well, I don't.

My first post was deleted, that's why I wrote *repost at the beginning.

ancienregimele

Sep 27, 2017
If the "classy" (if ever there was a misnomer....) outfit does get used, the event will rank, IMO, amongst the biggest departures from 'realism,' alongside taking the subway alone at night, driving to the workplace for a shower, having already had a bath & being able to show your knickers to two pupils, while having a conversation in the corner of a crowded classroom without anyone else noticing. How much more of this will there be before the attempt at realism becomes a parody of itself & the VN descends into the realms of "Yet Another Game About a Big-Busted Braindead Bimbo-MILF & Her Cast of Fuckables"?

Don't tell me it's just another step in being corrupted, because even if that should be the intent, it still doesn't ring true for this scenario. I've lost interest in the horrible development pace, because that will never change, (unless it decelerates further) but I am concerned with the slow yet steady move away from the attempt at realism that attracted me to the game in the first place over 3 years ago. At that time AWAM looked set fair to be the perfect antidote to the over-the-top corruption games around at the time. Some of these were so barely scripted &/or downright savage that AWAM was a breath of fresh air, (even if it did include incest from my POV).

I can only hope that L&P will see sense on this & that the veneer of realism is fully restored. This only applies, of course, if realism of some type is still a genuine aim.

Last edited:
3.20 star(s) 461 Votes