OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
I'm not ignoring it. Guess why I told you to look at renders from 3 years ago. Out of boredom? This game's in development for like 7 years now. I'm not telling you to look at renders from day 1 for obvious reasons. I'm trying to make you understand that getting slower every single year does not make sense for various reasons, and I'm pointing you at everything you need to look at to understand it. But you keep ignoring that and instead reply with the same nonsense "quality takes time".

You said quality takes time, I told you to look at renders from 3 years ago because they have the same quality, except he produced way more overall renders in 2021.

You said the tool I mentioned adds time to the development, I told you why that's not the case. It does increase render quality slightly, which is the only difference between now and 3 years ago as he's already pushing DAZ to it's limits.

2020: 2328 renders
2021: 1872 renders
2022: 1646 renders
2023: 1123 renders

And you really try to keep going with your "quality takes time" thing? Dunno what else to tell you my guy. :LOL:

Oh, in all fairness: 2023 could in theory have another 764 renders counted towards it as Dylan+Sophia part 2 was released on January 7th, 2024. That would actually put it above 2021 in terms of overall renders, except I went with the release dates during all those years ignoring any overlap. Bottom line: Things have gotten more than abysmal ever since part 02 started in 2022, and L&P was already known as a slowmotion developer long before that.
No, answer my question. Do you think renders from PD1 took the same amount of time to produce than the ones done recently. Yes or no?

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
Obviously not?????

Are you trolling or something? That's why I'm not telling you to look at renders from PD01. Hello??? Anybody there? Lmao
Ok, so if I am not mistaken every render he does involve, getting the models, getting the assets, posing, setting the lighting, capturing, doing post processing and then coding and writing into the game.
Let's assume he gets all of that in a single try, how long do you think a single render takes to make?

Anteron

Jun 17, 2023
Again, who cares if he makes a million renders and they are lifelike quality if there's no action? Seven. Motherfucking. Years. After 1 year no sex scenes it's way too long. He's never going to make one and is just laughing at all his suckers err.. subscribers.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Rythan25

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Ok, so if I am not mistaken every render he does involve, getting the models, getting the assets, posing, setting the lighting, capturing, doing post processing and then coding and writing into the game.
Let's assume he gets all of that in a single try, how long do you think a single render takes to make?
Wrong.

Anyway, I'm not creating his renders, so I couldn't tell you. But you know, you keep ignoring every bit of info provided to you, and now you suddenly wanna change the topic?

Here's another thing: Do you wanna compare an amateur who just started creating renders with someone who is working with these tools for 7 years? Because if so, you could absolutely compare PD01 and PD13/14. The newbie needs way more time to get things done, no? The experienced developer should be much faster setting everything up, but instead spends more time on quality, no?

Also, I feel like you're not quite understanding how this works. L&P doesn't have to set everything up for each render. You set the scene up ONCE. Meaning all the assets you wanna use for that event. Once that's done, all you do is pose characters and adjust clothing or in some cases lighting. You don't have to do everything from scratch for every single render. Do you think it takes L&P several hours to move an arm or a leg? Because that's the difference in the majority of renders during scenes in any game.

Are you sure about that thing you said earlier? That thing where you said you know what you're talking about? That post right there has me doubt it quite heavily if I'm being honest.

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
Wrong.

Anyway, I'm not creating his renders, so I couldn't tell you. But you know, you keep ignoring every bit of info provided to you, and now you suddenly wanna change the topic?

Here's another thing: Do you wanna compare an amateur who just started creating renders with someone who is working with these tools for 7 years? Because if so, you could absolutely compare PD01 and PD13/14. The newbie needs way more time to get things done, no? The experienced developer should be much faster setting everything up, but instead spends more time on quality, no?

Also, I feel like you're not quite understanding how this works. L&P doesn't have to set everything up for each render. You set the scene up ONCE. Meaning all the assets you wanna use for that event. Once that's done, all you do is pose characters and adjust clothing or in some cases lighting. You don't have to do everything from scratch for every single render. Do you think it takes L&P several hours to move an arm or a leg? Because that's the difference in the majority of renders during scenes in any game.

Are you sure about that thing you said earlier? That thing where you said you know what you're talking about? That post right there has me doubt it quite heavily if I'm being honest.
Yes, I know you load everything once but you still have to adjust assets between the shots.
Anyway, that's not important. Would you say it is safe to assume all the steps combine take around 30 minutes on average per render? Setting the scene, capturing, processing and coding into the game?

Dr.SigmundFap

Engaged Member
Apr 23, 2017
Until he gets to PD 15—Sophia/Patricia/Zoey's Ranch events, which will take him x years to complete since he has to build everything from scratch. :ROFLMAO:

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Yes, I know you load everything once but you still have to adjust assets between the shots.
Anyway, that's not important. Would you say it is safe to assume all the steps combine take around 30 minutes on average per render? Setting the scene, capturing, processing and coding into the game?
How about you stop ignoring everything I say, because if I wanna talk to a wall there's a few of those right next to me. If you wanna be in denial and act like L&P is doing it just right without seeing how things are going downhill for years, ay, be my guest.

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
How about you stop ignoring everything I say, because if I wanna talk to a wall there's a few of those right next to me. If you wanna be in denial and act like L&P is doing it just right without seeing how things are going downhill for years, ay, be my guest.
Sure, I am the one ignoring.
The point I was making is that assuming it takes on average 30 minutes per single render that would give 2.5h of work on average per day, basing the calculation on the no. of renders per day data provided earlier.

ghost1122

Oct 23, 2019
I'm new to Daz (maybe 30 total renders?) and even I know about multiple cameras in a scene. Lets say Sophia and Elizabeth are sitting on the couch talking. (transition scene to move plot along) camera 1 Sophia closeup face - cam 2 Ellie closeup face - cam 3 45 degrees offset over Ellie's shoulder both in frame - cam 4 long shot of both and room - simple - now repose actors and again re-shoot scene with same camera angles - should be enough renders to close scene. In editing bounce back and forth between both renders to make characters appear more lifelike while talking. Now are reused renders counted? If so great it adds to daily total and the total number.

I also don't have 7 plus years of DAZ experience with a hard drive of duf files with posing and pre-lit building assets to draw from - I get it, making a game is hard work and burnout is a real thing. But, to me he is doing something else with his time. I really think he is making another game or 2 while making this one. I don't think he's in a caravan on vacation and not working. He's working, just not all his time is spent on AWAM.

Now think about 5 different games with slow release time you play. Now just think, could this be another L&P's game under a different badge? In the end good for him and bad for us the fan.

palmtrees89

Jul 3, 2021
Sure, I am the one ignoring.
The point I was making is that assuming it takes on average 30 minutes per single render that would give 2.5h of work on average per day, basing the calculation on the no. of renders per day data provided earlier.
That's the only thing you're responding to. The amount of renders he made in .201 (which was much easier than previous updates as Dr.SigmundFap pointed out, which you also ignored), and how quality takes time. You've not responded to or acknowledged anything I said in my previous posts. You just skip it and ask questions or change the topic entirely.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14018008
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14018848
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14019462
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14019797
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14020065

Nothing to say to any of this? Where exactly are your arguments?

But I guess we're making some kind of progress if you assume L&P is working 2.5hrs per day at max, which isn't even a part-time job. A fracture of what he himself claimed a while ago, which was 11 hours a day if I remember correctly. And yet he's still getting slower. Makes you wonder...doesn't it?

I've literally mentioned yesterday in the offtopic thread that I'd be surprised if he's working more than 20hrs a week at this point. So yeah, I would agree with what you said. lol

doccop63

Oct 16, 2022
I'm new to Daz (maybe 30 total renders?) and even I know about multiple cameras in a scene. Lets say Sophia and Elizabeth are sitting on the couch talking. (transition scene to move plot along) camera 1 Sophia closeup face - cam 2 Ellie closeup face - cam 3 45 degrees offset over Ellie's shoulder both in frame - cam 4 long shot of both and room - simple - now repose actors and again re-shoot scene with same camera angles - should be enough renders to close scene. In editing bounce back and forth between both renders to make characters appear more lifelike while talking. Now are reused renders counted? If so great it adds to daily total and the total number.

I also don't have 7 plus years of DAZ experience with a hard drive of duf files with posing and pre-lit building assets to draw from - I get it, making a game is hard work and burnout is a real thing. But, to me he is doing something else with his time. I really think he is making another game or 2 while making this one. I don't think he's in a caravan on vacation and not working. He's working, just not all his time is spent on AWAM.

Now think about 5 different games with slow release time you play. Now just think, could this be another L&P's game under a different badge? In the end good for him and bad for us the fan.
That's a nice perspective. Kind of opens your eyes to what's going on.

Reactions: ghost1122

dan_roger69

Donor
Dec 1, 2021

Good point. "Jessica O’Neil Hard News" might be another game by L&P :ROFLMAO:. The dev of "Jessica O’Neil Hard News" also updated the model to gen 9 a month or two before AWAM :

OZtheW1ZARD

Aug 24, 2021
That's the only thing you're responding to. The amount of renders he made in .201 (which was much easier than previous updates as Dr.SigmundFap pointed out, which you also ignored), and how quality takes time. You've not responded to or acknowledged anything I said in my previous posts. You just skip it and ask questions or change the topic entirely.

https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14018008
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14018848
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14019462
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14019797
https://f95zone.to/threads/a-wife-and-mother-v0-201-lust-passion.5944/post-14020065

Nothing to say to any of this? Where exactly are your arguments?

But I guess we're making some kind of progress if you assume L&P is working 2.5hrs per day at max, which isn't even a part-time job. A fracture of what he himself claimed a while ago, which was 11 hours a day if I remember correctly. And yet he's still getting slower. Makes you wonder...doesn't it?

I've literally mentioned yesterday in the offtopic thread that I'd be surprised if he's working more than 20hrs a week at this point. So yeah, I would agree with what you said. lol
I said 2.5h a day on average.

None of the above points you quoted address my original point that I keep repeating. You deliberately choose to ignore it and pretend that it does not matter when it absolutely does.

1718481884514.png
This chart is useless in showing the speed of development as it does not show what actually goes into individual PD, Each PD have different amount of content in them, also as the game develops each PD will naturally get bigger as the game contains branching paths. Bigger PD requires more work, therefore it takes longer to create.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

This breakdown is way better because it shows average renders per day measure.
You can see in part 1 you get around 7 renders per day for most of the updates. Lowest value is 5 and the highest is 9.
Now for the part two, where the quality improved, renders per day is about 4 on average. Lowest is 3.42 while highest is 6ish.
Worth mentioning that updates with lower average contain animations or some reworks.

Overall you can see, that the updates are actually produced at a fairly constant rate and as the story progresses each day contains more events and their variations and therefore take more time. PD 1 & 2 contained 940 renders of low quality in total, PD13 alone contains 3533 renders (!) of high quality. That's 3.7 times more than PD 1 and 2 combined.

Reactions: dribbler
3.20 star(s) 466 Votes