About Dirt Talk in games...

gostek

Aug 25, 2017
Hello everyone. I would like to bring up the discussion about dirt talk during sex in games. I was prompted to start this topic by the game College Kings, which I finished recently, but this also applies to other games that have the same problem. What I mean is that during animations in this game, like others, there is usually one line of text, then you click, the animation changes or the viewing angle changes, again one line of text and it repeats. Is this enough for you? Like me, would you like there to be more dirt talk during the animation? Because I wonder if there's something wrong with me and most people prefer the scenes to be short and that's why the games are the way they are?

I don't want to offend anyone, but after reading your statements, which are often off-topic, I am forced to use drastic methods. I'm really sorry about this, but if you don't understand it, I give up :( So let the fun begin

Which option will make you fap faster? ;)

1. one line text in the style of "oh baby faster ahhh" + animation in the background (this is what College Kings and many games do)

2. 5-10 lines of text in the style of "oh baby faster ahhh" but with variations of what the characters feel + animation in the background

Last edited:

voronkov

Aug 27, 2018
Я пару комментариев оставлял о том что при созданной анимации в разных играх довольно мало именно текста. Анимацию сложнее делать чем статичную картинку и всё равно некоторые игры проскакивают её через пару сцен и всё. Как по мне надо хоть немного описание, если уж не разговоров то ощущений хотя бы того что происходит на анимации.
Просто иногда разговоры получаються по типа того.
- ммммммммммм!!! АААААААААА!!! ОООООООООООО!!! Да! Да, да. ещё.
Может поэтому так мало разговоров что хотят не текстом, а именно визуальной частью передать то что происходит на экране. В своих играх я помимо того что происходит на экране дополняю ещё текстом, так у меня не на пару сцен анимация. Пару ссылок на игры. В одной делал анимацию только покадровую с небольшим использованием картинок, изначально совсем не думал добавлять в игру. Но когда начал делать игру то решил сделать такую простенькую. Также ссылка на текстовую игру. Там вот как раз описание того что происходит много.

I left a couple of comments about the fact that with the animation created in different games there is quite a bit of text. Animation is more difficult to do than a static picture, and still some games skip it through a couple of scenes and that’s it. As for me, we need at least a little description, if not conversations, then at least the sensations of what is happening in the animation.
It's just that sometimes conversations turn out like that.
- mmmmmmmmmmmm!!! AAAAAAAAA!!! OOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! Yes! Yes Yes. more.
Maybe that’s why there are so few conversations that they want to convey not with text, but with the visual part what is happening on the screen. In my games, in addition to what’s happening on the screen, I also add text, so I don’t have animation for a couple of scenes. A couple of links to games. In one I did only frame-by-frame animation with a small use of pictures; initially I didn’t even think about adding it to the game. But when I started making the game, I decided to make it so simple. Also a link to a text game. There's just a description of what's going on a lot.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

gostek

Aug 25, 2017
Hello, gostek !~
I'll gladly share my opinion with you and a little bit of explanation along with it~
You see, I personally enjoy mild dirty talking, like:

"start"
*He and she embracing each other. She feels hot and her mind is melting in his presence*

- Ah... your legs have become so sluggish, and I can definitely feel a fresh stain on your cute little panties.
- Please... stop teasing me... just... do me...
- Beg me~
- I beg you...! Fill me up...!
- As you wish, my lovely little pet...~

*And then they started "drinking hot coffee"*
"end"

The reason why I did enjoy dirty talking, because I feel participating in it. It is I who talks, and it is I who receives the answer for it.
I feel a little cringy when other people are dirty talking...
Have you felt the same when you were reading my example, mmm?~
it's cool, but that's not exactly what I was asking about, but I'm glad you like it too :) Are you asking if I feel cringy? NO :cool:

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
I'm guessing you're talking about Ren'Py games. Besides devs' writing skills or preferences, it also depends on how they coded that animation. If it's an actual video, they could add as many lines as they'd want, as players clicking to advance text wouldn't make the game advance to the next pic/animation too. If they coded it like a slideshow of static pics and never defined it like a proper animation, though, a single click will advance everything to the next interaction so they just can't add more lines of text.

gostek

Aug 25, 2017
I'm guessing you're talking about Ren'Py games. Besides devs' writing skills or preferences, it also depends on how they coded that animation. If it's an actual video, they could add as many lines as they'd want, as players clicking to advance text wouldn't make the game advance to the next pic/animation too. If they coded it like a slideshow of static pics and never defined it like a proper animation, though, a single click will advance everything to the next interaction so they just can't add more lines of text.
It's a pity you didn't understand what I asked. My English must really be bad :( I'll try again - would you like to have more lines of text, dirt talk during the animation to get more excited or is one enough for fap because one is not enough for me. Do you understand what I mean now? :)

moskyx

Forum Fanatic
Jun 17, 2019
It's a pity you didn't understand what I asked. My English must really be bad :( I'll try again - would you like to have more lines of text, dirt talk during the animation to get more excited or is one enough for fap because one is not enough for me. Do you understand what I mean now? :)
I undestood it, and that's why my first line says what it says ("besides dev's writing skills or preferences"). I was only pointing out that, many times, when you see only a line of text is just because of their technical skills.

I'd prefer more rich and detailed lewd texts too, but not many writers are able to pull that off in a convincing and enticing way, while others seem to believe that a bunch of moaning sounds and lines like 'it's so big' and 'ravage me' are sexy enough. It's like a line I laughed so much at, in the game Camp Klondike (which I'll recommend if you're looking for some really good erotic writing, if you can look past the very particular artstyle -that it ends up growing in you, though):
- Please! Every girl needs to dirty talk. To please her maaaan.
-
Yeah, and every girl I've asked has picked from the same deck: Oooh! What a big COCK. I wonder if it will fit in my cute little PUSSY.
Replace 'girl' with 'dev' and it's the same with most games out there, sadly.

Reactions: gostek

purplexel

Game Developer
Dec 1, 2023
I prefer a decent amount of text in sex scenes, otherwise they just sort of feel rushed. I feel like this is one of the most difficult if not the most difficult thing to write, though. I'm not so sure about dirty talk though. I'd rather the text convey the emotions of the characters or the general feeling of the scene.

For dirty talk to work, I feel like it needs to be somewhat unique to the character or situation (just to give one sort of common example is when the shy girl suddenly comes out with something really filthy). But the more unique, the better. If it's something generic that any girl could say in any situation then it's just boring.

gostek

Aug 25, 2017
moskyx I would rather focus not on technical skills but on laziness or the creator's preferences. Thanks for recommending the game, I'll definitely play it someday. But my thread was created for a different purpose, I would like to know people's opinions on this subject, I already know yours and thank you very much :)

purplexel I understand, I know I only focused on dirt talk when creating this topic, but I'm glad you understood me. Writing about emotions can also be exciting. I just wanted to simplify the topic, which some people didn't understand anyway. Generally, I was wondering about text during sex, why there is so little of it, and that's why I asked if there was something wrong with me that made me want more of it? Do most people like it short? Don't people like reading? Dirt talk between characters who have passionate sex or what a character thinks or feels. Of course, descriptions of the surroundings are not needed because we can see it in pictures or animations, but it would be nice to read something more. I see that you partially share my opinion. But I would still like to know other people's opinions on this subject because I wonder if the creators are lazy to make scenes so short when it comes to the text or is this the general will?

Insomnimaniac Games

Degenerate Handholder
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
I understand, I know I only focused on dirt talk when creating this topic, but I'm glad you But I would still like to know other people's opinions on this subject because I wonder if the creators are lazy to make scenes so short when it comes to the text or is this the general will?
I can only speak for myself, but I made the mistake of ONLY having dialogue with no descriptive text at all. In hindsight, it was a terrible decision because it makes writing scenes that much harder, especially considering it's probably the hardest part to write in these games. Sex scene dialogue can easily come across as cringey if not done right.

What I CAN say universally applies is that it's not that 9/10 devs are lazy. Trust me when I say this, you would never call devs lazy if you knew how much work goes in to even the "laziest" of games. (I know you don't mean it in a negative way, just stating what I feel needs to be said)

Reactions: gostek and Jaike

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
I care more about the text that isn't in dialogues, but the amount depends on the kind of scene and game. You don't want that the scene is too short in a VN, here it's better if it's too long, but if a scene must be repeated in a sandbox or RPG it's good when you're frugal with words.

And some kind of dialogue is imo more important than just dirty talk, because dirty talk is often really dumb like people already said. It's easy to go overboard with dialogue in vanilla scenes, but more dialogue usually works well if the scenes are kinkier. Vae Victis is one game that imo consistently has a good mix of dialogue and narrative, and it makes dirty talk work. Anyway if the main message of the dirty talk is "But MC, what a big dick you have", "Wow you're so wet", or "I can't believe I'm fucking my [insert relative]", you better scrap it.

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
For me, one animation with multiple lines of text wouldn't work that well as such, either the text must be written very well what would put my focus on the text, or the images/animations must change as well, what can already be done, when the same scene is shown from 2 different angles, and one switches in the beat of the dialogue between the two or more angles, e.g. to represent the different speakers/groaners or show what they are talking/groaning about.

• Thinking Face
Reactions: gostek

gostek

Aug 25, 2017
Jaike Living In A Lewd World It's nice to read the opinions of someone who has a completely different point of view than mine. So should I understand that if there is one line of text plus animation, you fap quicker than if there were, for example, 10 lines of text plus animation? Because, you know, I'm not asking what the scene should look like, but whether one line of text or none at all during the animation is enough for most people to fap? Because I still have the impression that you don't fully understand what I mean. I would prefer there to be at least dialogues like "But MC, what a big dick you have", "Wow you're so wet" rather than just animation without text. I know that I can't dream of decent, book-like writing. These are my preferences but thanks to you I want to understand the preferences of others. :)

• Thinking Face
Reactions: Jaike

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
Jaike Living In A Lewd World It's nice to read the opinions of someone who has a completely different point of view than mine. So should I understand that if there is one line of text plus animation, you fap quicker than if there were, for example, 10 lines of text plus animation? Because, you know, I'm not asking what the scene should look like, but whether one line of text or none at all during the animation is enough for most people to fap? Because I still have the impression that you don't fully understand what I mean. I would prefer there to be at least dialogues like "But MC, what a big dick you have", "Wow you're so wet" rather than just animation without text. I know that I can't dream of decent, book-like writing. These are my preferences but thanks to you I want to understand the preferences of others. :)
In general, I see images/animations and the change of images/animations as part of storytelling. In a visual novel, a very important part of story telling. A part that can seemingly get me more easily off than text. I have seen many VNs with interesting image series that tell alone a interesting lewd story, that I can fap to, but when I started to read the text, I just wanted to throw the VN out of the window, as it absolutely didn't get me off but rather down for different reasons. There are currently unfortunately only few exemptions to this, where the text-story is very well written, logical with characters with different personalities, well structured...
I personally wouldn't necessarily get off to 1 animation with lots of text, only if the text would be very well written, including the dirty talk. So just having a girl mentioning the size of my dick while 1 animation goes on and on wouldn't be enough. This may be 1 time interesting, but when you "fuck" ten girls in a row and the only thing every of them talks about is how big your dick is, it gets boring quite fast. So, the author has really to know what they write. When I see, that I fuck first a waitress, then a police officer, than the mayor, then the female president of the US all of them with some different animations, and they all talk about the size of my dick, I can just ignore the general text and the dirty talk, but still see my power fantasy fulfilled on screen and can fap to this.

For me, well written dirty talk can work but may be harder to write as one thinks. It doesn't need even need to involve "you have a big dick", but has to reference the situation, the personality of the protagonists, their knowledge, the connection between the protagonist and the girl and connect all this in a sexual stimulating manner...
One situation, where I find dirty talk very well done but that has as such very few direct sexual references is the "Baking in the Buff" scene with Priti and the headmaster from The Headmaster". It is no sex, only getting naked, nude photography, blowjob, pussy licking and 69, but very well written. When they are talking each other and themselves into the action, they are talking mostly about the heat in the kitchen, not getting dirty while baking and Priti's rising self confidence (what is part of Priti's change-story and where the Headmaster helped her with) and they do it in such a hot manner, that I could probably go off without seeing any images just with a little additional explanation what is going on. But that is unfortunately a rare exemption. Also the anomalous Dr. Vibes has a good sense for language. The text is much more obvious sexual, but very creative.

Last edited:

Jaike

Aug 24, 2020
No, that really isn't what I wrote. :unsure: I prefer text over bare animations in sex scenes, I don't really like it if a sex scene has no writing, I don't care about animations, and I never masturbate to adult games anyway.

What I mean is that I think narrative description is generally more important than dialogues in sex scenes, and that I prefer other types of dialogue over just dirty talk, and that while dirty talk sometimes works often it isn't written well.

gostek

Aug 25, 2017
voronkov
Lucifer - The Shining One
moskyx
purplexel
Insomnimaniac Games
Jaike
Living In A Lewd World

Thanks to everyone who took part in the discussion for their answers. As a lurker, I respect and appreciate this very much. But I'm devastated and I don't want to offend anyone. I have completely lost faith in people because you don't understand simple questions. Most of you wrote about your preferences for ideal scenes, what you like or don't like. As a result, I didn't learn anything from most of you. The entire discussion was aimed at answering just one simple question. Without any philosophizing.

1. one line text in the style of "oh baby faster ahhh" + animation in the background (this is what College Kings and many games do)

2. 5-10 lines of text in the style of "oh baby faster ahhh" but with variations of what the characters feel + animation in the background

I'm sorry I wasted your time and have a nice day/night. Next time I'll know to create a poll :ROFLMAO:

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
voronkov
Lucifer - The Shining One
moskyx
purplexel
Insomnimaniac Games
Jaike
Living In A Lewd World

Thanks to everyone who took part in the discussion for their answers. As a lurker, I respect and appreciate this very much. But I'm devastated and I don't want to offend anyone. I have completely lost faith in people because you don't understand simple questions. Most of you wrote about your preferences for ideal scenes, what you like or don't like. As a result, I didn't learn anything from most of you. The entire discussion was aimed at answering just one simple question. Without any philosophizing.

I'm sorry I wasted your time and have a nice day/night. Next time I'll know to create a poll :ROFLMAO:
My answer would be simple 3. None of the mentioned. As long, as it isn't done well enough. I think, you try to think too much about quantity where quality is much more important. You can get me to fap hard with 1 image and one sentence, if you choose them right, or bore me to death with an animation and 5 to 10 sentences, if you choose them wrong. Works of course the other way round the same.

Last edited:

SecretSal

Aug 25, 2016

(2) if the writing is good. Otherwise it's a boner-killer, and I'd prefer (1).
Also context and pacing matters. If the game has a lot of scenes, then each scene having a lot of dialog could make them too same-y. In that case, some quickie scenes with minimal dialog could be more effective.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
I always tend to focus more on the dialogue box than the art. So, naturally I prefer dialogue during sex. Whenever there isn't any dialogue, sex scenes often feel pointless to me. I oftentimes just skip past them without giving them any thought. There are several games that I've actually enjoyed, but the actual sex was completely pointless to me.

On that note, this is one of the reasons why I believe animations aren't worth a devs time. While I understand many actually like animations, and actually use porn games as actual porn, I'm also aware that there is a large amount of people like me who don't. As such, I suspect that there is a fairly high number of players who disregard animations as well

FleshSac

Game Developer
Mar 9, 2020
As someone who does the one line per animation approach in my games, I can tell you that writing even that single line per image/animation is easily the thing I hate to do the most. I fucking despise writing that shit, and as such a lot of the dialogue during sex scenes is probably pretty repetitive.

I don't do descriptive or flowery text because I make visual novels and the pictures and animations should convey most of what you need to know. Also, I'm making porn, not a romance novel. Not to say that wouldn't fit the vibe for some games, just not mine.

I have wasted a lot of time just staring at a script and trying to come up with some new thing to be uttered during a sexy-time scene that doesn't make me cringe. Writing good sex scene dialogue is an art, and I'm over here drawing fucking stick figures :D