sorco2003

Sep 3, 2020
Yeah, I understand that, but why didn't the game creator itself put "On-Hold" tag? Can only the moderators do that?
That's what I mean, if Mundo had warned that there was going to be an extended break, the tag would have been "on hold", and in the case of this thread only the mods can make modifications (the ownership of the thread is no longer Mundo's).

mrrs555

Apr 5, 2023
The dev from the game Stranded Dick hasnt said one thing since September and somehow, that game got put 'on hold' and this one was 'abandoned'.

If putting 'on hold' is something the dev requests, then how did that game get the 'on hold' tag and not abandoned as aggressively as this one was?

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
The dev from the game Stranded Dick hasnt said one thing since September and somehow, that game got put 'on hold' and this one was 'abandoned'.

If putting 'on hold' is something the dev requests, then how did that game get the 'on hold' tag and not abandoned as aggressively as this one was?
Who knows, Stranded Dick actually has that a new version is released with no links in the Patreon post so it's even worse...

ThorinKing

Engaged Member
Feb 16, 2023

Different Mods, different takes?

Lots of inconsistency across the site.

jetama

Oct 28, 2020

Well, the way things are looking the game might actually be abandoned.

Zephea

Engaged Member
Sep 7, 2019
This game was the funniest and the hottest one at the same time. Why the fuck it's abandoned all of sudden?
Mundo took some time off and whoever sets the Abandoned flag around here felt he had not posted enough in places (speculation) like Patreon/etc and set the game as you see it. Mundo should be back before long. He has posted here on F95 a week or so ago about this and the time away. :>)

molitar

Engaged Member
Sep 22, 2016
Mundo took some time off and whoever sets the Abandoned flag around here felt he had not posted enough in places (speculation) like Patreon/etc and set the game as you see it. Mundo should be back before long. He has posted here on F95 a week or so ago about this and the time away. :>)
Probably because he has not updated his Patron either because it typically does not get the abandoned tag in only 2 months. Typically around 6 months.

Jordan369

Feb 2, 2020
Games get the abandoned tag if the dev doesn't post anything on their official pages (Patreon, SubscribeStar, etc...) for 3 months. The abandoned tag is also applied if there hasn't been an update in 18 months. The "on hold" tag is applied if the dev says the game is on hold.

seaoflove

Jan 31, 2023
Games get the abandoned tag if the dev doesn't post anything on their official pages (Patreon, SubscribeStar, etc...) for 3 months. The abandoned tag is also applied if there hasn't been an update in 18 months. The "on hold" tag is applied if the dev says the game is on hold.
The abandoned tag needs to be split into 2 different tags because not all so called abandoned games are abandoned equally.

One tag for "Confirmed Abandoned"

One tag for "Suspected Abandoned"

The reason why this abandoned tag was applied is the dev has gone 3 months without updating Patreon.

Maybe they are just really hard working on the game, and forgot to update it. It's possible, or maybe they had some real life drama they will get back to working on it soon.

October 28th is last contact from dev on Patreon, and they made 0 hint at it is abandoned.

At this point we can definitely suspect that Above The Clouds is abandoned. However, we can not confirm it.

Confirmed Abandon =
Dev comes out and says "I'm done" in their own words.
Patreon & Subscribe Star and other payment methods are closed down for the project
12 months have passed since the developer has said anything on Patreon or other payment methods.

Any or all of these 3 things will confirm abandonment.

Suspected Abandon =
3 months have passed since developer has said anything on Patreon etc
The dev has missed 2 or more self imposed release dates consecutively
They say, "I'm releasing March 1st" They don't... They put out another notice, "No no no I meant March 14th there has been some delays" March 14th comes and goes no release? That's abandoned!
12+ Months no release

Suspected Abandoned tag could also be called a "Milker" tag

Bloodguard

Engaged Member
Feb 20, 2021
In this case, we have a message from the Dev in this very thread less than 30 days ago, but that is apparently not enough to remove the abandoned tag, or put it into "on hold" status.
Once a game has the abandoned tag, it does not go away until there is an actual update. Doesn't really matter what the Dev says at that point, just what he actually does. ;)

Reactions: Aelth

FirminoisGod

Dec 12, 2019
Mundo said on his discord that he would be posting something on his Patreon today, and the day's almost over. I'm starting to get a little annoyed

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Game Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Dev update #31 - Back at it again!

Hello there!

Break time is over, and development is ramping up back again. I know it's been a little long and I apologize for that, but it's going to be smooth sailing from now on.

Teasers next Saturday, stay tuned!

Thank you everyone!

Mundo

4.30 star(s) 203 Votes