beerpig

Aug 12, 2023
Some feedback for Young_Naughty:

You mentioned expanding the in-game universe beyond the OW franchise. I think that this is a great idea as long as the characters fit well enough the general theme.

The roadmap mentions that you're going to give Seraphina a rework, no? That makes me really happy, she could use a few new scenes :3

The "IndexError: pop from empty list" error is still alive in v0.22.2.2. I mentioned some steps to reproduce it in the itch.io page (for v0.21.something), a few months ago, but I found another way: start new game, without skipping to new content; open phone; then click the "back" circular arrow once or press Esc. (Esc also triggers the bug, so it isn't a HUD problem.)

I wish that there was a quicker way to visualise multiple unfinished routes at the same time. Opening the phone, then the "tasks" quest log, then cycling through some girls, then annotating elsewhere what you need to do (yep), then closing down the log, closing down the phone... it gets old really fast. Specially when handling Ava and Reina, since their routes are a bit intertwined.

Speaking on the quests log: I feel like the subtler jokes and references (like that "You're filled with Determination." Undertale ref in Ava's route, made me genuinely laugh) are the best.

And overall the tone/vibe of the game is just right. It's fun and lighthearted, without being childish. Props for that, it's hard to hit this balance between serious and unserious so well.

Dragoon420

Aug 24, 2020
ok i think someone forgot that they alrady posted the 10$ already
Screenshot 2024-07-06 060113.png

there it is on the29th of june and then

Screenshot_6-7-2024_61049_f95zone.to.jpeg
thenjust again on thirsday for 10 $ isent it apost to go down to like 5$ on thursday

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
Hi! Thanks for you feedback!

You mentioned expanding the in-game universe beyond the OW franchise. I think that this is a great idea as long as the characters fit well enough the general theme.
If we ever gonna end up characters from other universes, they will receive the usual treatment of a visual redesign to both make them look original and to fit into the style of the game.

The roadmap mentions that you're going to give Seraphina a rework, no? That makes me really happy, she could use a few new scenes :3
Yes, Seraphina will get a fully new route, and regarding her new visuals the only BIG (heh) change are her MASSIVE assets!

The "IndexError: pop from empty list" error is still alive in v0.22.2.2. I mentioned some steps to reproduce it in the itch.io page (for v0.21.something), a few months ago, but I found another way: start new game, without skipping to new content; open phone; then click the "back" circular arrow once or press Esc. (Esc also triggers the bug, so it isn't a HUD problem.)
We're aware of this bug. If we remember correctly it pops up only at the start of the game and since we plan to remake the intro — we will take a look at this when the time comes.

I wish that there was a quicker way to visualise multiple unfinished routes at the same time. Opening the phone, then the "tasks" quest log, then cycling through some girls, then annotating elsewhere what you need to do (yep), then closing down the log, closing down the phone... it gets old really fast. Specially when handling Ava and Reina, since their routes are a bit intertwined.
We will probably get rid of the quests menu and move it all to contacts, where you can click on specific character you want and check all his quests right there. The biggest change that we want to implement is to give players an opportunity to pick which quests they want to place on their game screen at all times so they won't need to open the phone every time they need to check the next step.

Speaking on the quests log: I feel like the subtler jokes and references (like that "You're filled with Determination." Undertale ref in Ava's route, made me genuinely laugh) are the best.

And overall the tone/vibe of the game is just right. It's fun and lighthearted, without being childish. Props for that, it's hard to hit this balance between serious and unserious so well.
Young is a beast when it comes to humour, he manages to set the tone right every time! He's Academy34's special sauce.

Reactions: beerpig

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
zahera reintro (patreon).gif
ZAHERA, INTRO REVAMPED — PUBLIC RELEASE

When we finally got back to Zahera, we realized that her existing setup does not allow for the character growth she deserves. More so, she appeared way more irritating than we intended originally, and that's never a good sign. To counteract on this problem, we decided to rewrite the majority of the dialogue to better reflect what we want her character to be, while keeping the scenes and the overall structure completely intact. On top of that, the setup of her story was changed as well, adding a comprehensive reasoning to all that is happening.

Keep in mind, that this is NOT the content update we announced in our new roadmap! It's still coming later this month!

But these changes only the tip of the iceberg!

We are finally introducing a new setting, that would allow you to change any character's name to whatever you want! To compliment this, we have also added a new "Contacts" menu, where you could find a complete list of all interactable characters, and an easy way to access the gallery of their scenes. The latter was a necessary addition, given that the amount of unique scenes is now in triple digits, so we wanted to give you an easy way to find the exact replay you want, without having to scroll through dozens of pages. And on top of that, we have also updated our textbox, which now includes unique colors for all of the mentioned names, drastically improving rideability! We will expand upon all of those things below.

This is a massive Quality of Life update, where we tried to touch upon as many thing as we could, and bring your experience to the next level!

THE NAME CHANGING

Yes, the Name Changing setting is finally here! It might be a bit clunky still, but it's functional, and probably more functional than we thought it would be. That said, we don't EXPECT bugs to occur, we KNOW for a FACT that something is broken, but with limited amount of testing that we can do internally it's impossible to find all of them. Please, go into this with an open mind and be sure to share all of the bugs, typos and inconsistencies that you find!

We had to completely rework the way Name System operates, which is why it took so damn long to implement. On the flip side, now we have a very flexible and customizable system, that we can easily modify in the future!

To change character's name, you need to:
1. Open your "Contacts", which is the first option in the Phone Menu.
2. Pick the desired character.
3. Click on the "Edit" button, which is located on the left.
4. You will be given a prompt to write a desired First Name, then a separate prompt for the Last Name if applicable.

That's it! From now on, the game will display updated name in all instances, including the dialogue. It does not (yet) apply to the names you see on pictures, though it happens rarely, but we are planning to fix that as well.

UPDATED USER INTERFACE

This is only the first step towards completely overhauling the current User Interface, but this is a necessary one. We added a new "Contacts" menu into player's phone, where you would be able to find a complete list of all interactable characters. "Contacts" menu allows you change character's name, access the gallery of their scenes and pictures, and see the next step of their questline.

Since we have already talked about the name changing setting, let's get straight to gallery shortcut: As we already said, the amount of replays in the gallery is getting out of hand, so having to scroll through dozens of pages simply to find a specific scene that you'd like to replay is annoying. This is why we added a shortcut into the "Contacts" menu, which will allow you to access the gallery of replays ONLY for the character that you picked. Simply get into the "Contacts" list, pick a character, and the click on the button at the center of the screen, the one with an image icon. It will bring a sorted list of all their replays!

And, like we mentioned, you will also be able to see the next step in the questline for a specific character that you are trying to romance. That should help you to progress through their routes much easier!

NEW TEXTBOX

Yes, this change is so big, it deserves it's own category! Our original textbox was decent, but it lacked many important features, especially for those who play using Android devices.

Updated textbox introduces buttons to access Save/Load menu, to fast-forward an interaction you already played through, and to go back to the previous line in the current dialogue. As a bonus, we added a separate small button underneath the textbox to hide it during the interaction in case you want to enjoy the scenery uninterrupted.

We also added unique colors to names of all major characters to help you more easily distinguish who is currently speaking. At least based by our internal testing, it does wonders to overall comfort during long dialogues!

Considering the amount of additions, many of which are concerning the existing systems, it will undoubtedly cause problems. This is why we wanted to limit the amount of players during the first few weeks, so we won't get overwhelmed by the amount of reports. We still only have a single developer and two people, who collect your feedback, so having a limited amount of players should allow us to process everything more comfortably. We hope you understand, and we promise to bring many more QoL additions in the upcoming months!

BUT THAT'S NOT ALL!

aurora skin release [patreon].gif
Aurora Andre Skin — $20 RELEASE

There is no greater sin, than playing League of Legends, and unfortunately our team is full of sinners.

Once we realized that Riot is adding an adorable rabbit-lady into the game, we knew what had to be done. Aurora is simply too cute to ignore! And while we have neither time, nor resources to make a full-fledged route dedicated to her, we are not out of options. After all, the ability to create skins was given to us for a reason, and Andre, an equally irresistible little bun, turned to be the perfect candidate to receive the honor of wearing this new look. Though it made us think: Should we expand the universe of our game beyond a single franchise? There are countless of incredible characters, that would fit into the Academy amazingly well! Obviously we aren't going to make that decision on our own, and certainly not before we get done with our plans to implement as many guys, gals and non-binary pals from your beloved hero-shooter. But after that, why not? Be sure to let us know which characters you would love to see, and whether you want to see any at all. And while you're at it, enjoy this new addition to the wardrobe of skins! Aurora, the magical rabbit, is at your service!

To unlock Aurora's skin, you need to:

- Complete Andre's storyline up to the current ending.
- Purchase the skin from Reina's shop.

AND THERE'S MORE!

Zahera P1 20 [f95].gif
ZAHERA, PART ONE — $5 RELEASE

One day our writer woke up in cold sweat and realized, that ACADEMY34 criminally lacks mean girls with an attitude. He then proceeded to spend countless sleepless nights writing dozens of pages filled with nothing, but non-stop bickering between the protagonist and her, which then slowly devolves into smut. That's how Zahera's route came to be.

Without a doubt, this is the best piece of story we ever added. If not for the drama reasons, then simply for the pure comedy potential the chemistry between these two characters allowed. This is exactly what we always wanted ACADEMY34 to be — a romantic comedy, where polar opposite characters clash like two unstoppable forces, to then discover a whole new way of experiencing attraction. More info in the

DOWNLOAD:
> <
MORE INFO:
> <

If you enjoy what we do and would like to take part in shaping our game's future, be sure to and get access to this and every upcoming closed testing, as well as many other rewards!

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
holy.. its my first time playing and the quality is so bad. doesnt look anything like the previews. does it quickly get better?

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
holy.. its my first time playing and the quality is so bad. doesnt look anything like the previews. does it quickly get better?
Not gonna lie, the whole beginning of the game is so outdated and bad — it really paints the wrong picture about the game.

That's why with our next update we plan to make things better with new route for Sonya and later this year a reworked route for Seraphina, because both of their routes AND game intro need to be brought up to the level of our latest content updates.

Sorry for this subpar experience, we promise to do better. And if you still want to give it a chance (thanks!) — the game indeed gets way better once you can start doing the routes of all the other girls. Reina x Ava is really eye-catchy both in terms of art and the story.

hhhhh75

Jan 12, 2023
Great QoL changes, i'm not sure if this is an android issue but i'd recommend adding background music even with the background noise it can still feel a bit empty, especially in scenes.

LewdStrix

Formerly 'notususs'
Oct 1, 2023
Just finished the Yun (Mei) route and I loved it! I love this game very much and I'm looking forward to future updates! Although the day the game is finished will be sad...

drifter139

Dec 11, 2019
went back and changed the girls names to what they were before. now I feel right about banging Mei and D. Va. even changed Widowmaker's back which required me to learn how to make the accent mark in her first name

Sep 5, 2018
Tweaked a bit with the new public version and an old version I luckly had (don't know why the archive was removed from the site) and compiled the names to import in the settings the same way they were before the rework.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
Had to invert "Clyde" first and last name to mantain the joke of "Jesse". I don't know if it's possible to change the displayed name while mantaining the titles and names settings like before (for example all the instance in the previous versions where Hana was called as her online nickname D'Va). Anyway, if someone knows how to replace all the instance of Sentinel with Overwatch, like it was before, please let me know.

Jdiezel

Jun 28, 2022
Not gonna lie, the whole beginning of the game is so outdated and bad — it really paints the wrong picture about the game.

That's why with our next update we plan to make things better with new route for Sonya and later this year a reworked route for Seraphina, because both of their routes AND game intro need to be brought up to the level of our latest content updates.

Sorry for this subpar experience, we promise to do better. And if you still want to give it a chance (thanks!) — the game indeed gets way better once you can start doing the routes of all the other girls. Reina x Ava is really eye-catchy both in terms of art and the story.
i appreciate the response. the previews look great! ill def continue to give it a chance

Jul 29, 2019
Anyone have a list of names to use and who they correlate with?
Here's a list of… suggested names *wink* for each of the characters, listed as they appear from top to bottom in the contacts menu:
  • Aurelie → Amélie
  • Ava Bell → Hana Song
  • Freja Bulwark → Brigitte Lindholm
  • Kamilah Nami → Ana Amari
  • Reina → Sombra
  • Ruslana Lyuta → Aleksandra Zaryanova
  • Seraphina Fevez → Angela Ziegler
  • Sitara → Symmetra
  • Sonya Park → Lena Oxton
  • Yun Zhou → Mei-Ling Zhou
  • Zahera Nami → Fareeha Amari
Blaze, Charlotte, "Confused girl" a.k.a. Andre, Luca, Mothra, Pillow, Priscilla, and Terra can all be left as is. This reply by Blazerer includes other names for some NPCs that seemingly aren't renamable yet.

Jul 29, 2019
I haven't played this game in quite some while (been too impatient for the name change update)—when did full-res sprites and CGs start getting locked behind the paywall? It's certainly an interesting monetization strategy, and I don't mind Y&N chasing that much-deserved bag, but also it is not nice to look at, yeesh.

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
I haven't played this game in quite some while (been too impatient for the name change update)—when did full-res sprites and CGs start getting locked behind the paywall? It's certainly an interesting monetization strategy, and I don't mind Y&N chasing that much-deserved bag, but also it is not nice to look at, yeesh.
We locked the high-res version behind a $2 paywall because our server capactities can't handle a 1gb game download for 40k+ players every public release. That's also why we removed the old releases archive.

It's not a monetization strategy, we really just started noticing that with every public release our site got basically ddos'd.

Also high-res is a bit of an overstatement. The base version uses the same resolution, but is optimized to take less space, so there is a slight loss in quality, but since our game is at 1066x600 resolution you won't notice a significant difference.

Last edited:
Jan 10, 2019
Is it just me or does it feel like academy 34 just entered into a new era of development, with presentation, professionalism communication and feed back, and content features and reworks, I don't know what magic sauce you guys stepped into recently but keep it up. I am actually quite proud watching you guys grow and develop and how genuine you guys feel. It is a breath of fresh air.

Barkin 10

Dec 27, 2016
What was new in the public version?
The change log reflected the Patreon version and when I loaded my last save from the previous version there wasn't anything new.

Young_Naughty

Game Developer
Dec 19, 2018
What was new in the public version?
The change log reflected the Patreon version and when I loaded my last save from the previous version there wasn't anything new.
Latest public release features QoL changes and an updated Intro for Zahera, better written and more fitting for her character.

3.30 star(s) 38 Votes