Ren'Py - Academy34 [v0.24.2.4 Public] [Young & Naughty]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Zippity

The following review is based off my personal experience with playing this Game/Visual Novel... I try to be as brutally honest and detailed as I can, and these are my own opinions and thoughts, from one or more play throughs...

(01/18/2018 - Original Review - v0.2.3 Demo)

Not a bad game/visual novel parody of Overwatch...

The visuals are all 2D Hand Drawn, and look pretty darn good... The blue highlight for clickable things is a really nice feature... Very creative visuals with humor in mind...

The script had very few spelling/grammar errors, but there were a few times when the wrong word was used, almost like broken English... The plot so far in this demo is really simple, revolving around a male protagonist student attending an Overwatch Academy... He then has to attend classes and interact with other characters... This game is definitely a humor based parody of the Overwatch game, with an adult twist... Since it's a Demo, there isn't much actual content, and the author's let you know ahead of time when you've reached the end... The current content is very linear, but not sure if future content will be that way...

Overall, I think this game/VN shows a lot of promise, as this is definitely humor based... The visuals are awesome... I can see this one has a lot of potential... I'll definitely have to check this one out again, a bit later into it's development...

(03/30/2018 - Review Update - v0.4.3)

This game is still doing pretty well with the humor... Most parody games I play tend to go with parody type visuals but yet the story text isn't always that funny... This game is doing a little better on that front compared to most... I don't play the game it's poking fun at, but I've watched it being played, so I have a decent clue as to some of the references...

The visuals and text are still going strong... Even some of the dialogue pokes fun at the game development itself, which is cute... The game is definitely giving off a more grind vibe with the more recent content... Needing to spend a lot of time raising money to push the progression along... Once you open up the shop, the spy camera is really the only item that appears to do anything for the moment... There are achievements that you can gain by spying on Tracer doing yoga in different poses...

Beyond the spying on Tracer, the two sex positions with Tracer in her room, and opening the shop up, it appears you hit a content wall at that moment... Since you can't see stats at all and the task menu doesn't ever show anything yet, there is no way to really tell if anything ever really opens up beyond that... I tried spending a few in-game weeks messing around, but nada...

Overall, the game is still trucking along, and I still feel it shows promise... Hopefully once all the functions work, like the task menu, and so on, we'll begin seeing the content train moving forward a bit faster... I look forward to seeing how this game continues to develop...