4.50 star(s) 2 Votes

OuterZone

Nov 12, 2020
After playing the game for a short while (no doubt I haven't seen everything), I wanted to share my initial impressions about the story:

Firstly, I think there's too much exposition upfront. While it's good that the story shows rather than tells, the sheer amount of setup feels overwhelming. The intro could be paced out more effectively, using additional methods of introducing background information instead of constant cuts between scenes and characters. We don't have to know everything from the get go as long as we have enough to pique our interest.

If the queens are the main focus of the plot, it's good to have their introductions be memorable and impactful. Again, I think it's alright if we aren't introduced to them right away.

Like my first point, we have too many characters. Perhaps a bit more interaction between the MC and some of the participants would flesh them out more. This could also help with introducing background information. Depending on your narrative goals, humanizing the competitors could add depth to the story, making MC’s decisions more challenging (good vs. evil) as the stakes are high and only one person can win.

It's crucial that we understand MC's goals early on as this will allow us to become emotionally invested in the story. Maybe it's too early to judge, but I didn't care about MC's decisions since I didn't know why he was there and what was at stake.

It's important that the rules of the game/show are fleshed out from the start and are not modified later.

The game looks promising. Best of luck with your project!

S1ck Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2023
After playing the game for a short while (no doubt I haven't seen everything), I wanted to share my initial impressions about the story:

Firstly, I think there's too much exposition upfront. While it's good that the story shows rather than tells, the sheer amount of setup feels overwhelming. The intro could be paced out more effectively, using additional methods of introducing background information instead of constant cuts between scenes and characters. We don't have to know everything from the get go as long as we have enough to pique our interest.

If the queens are the main focus of the plot, it's good to have their introductions be memorable and impactful. Again, I think it's alright if we aren't introduced to them right away.

Like my first point, we have too many characters. Perhaps a bit more interaction between the MC and some of the participants would flesh them out more. This could also help with introducing background information. Depending on your narrative goals, humanizing the competitors could add depth to the story, making MC’s decisions more challenging (good vs. evil) as the stakes are high and only one person can win.

It's crucial that we understand MC's goals early on as this will allow us to become emotionally invested in the story. Maybe it's too early to judge, but I didn't care about MC's decisions since I didn't know why he was there and what was at stake.

It's important that the rules of the game/show are fleshed out from the start and are not modified later.

I understand your point about the exposition and pacing. For the first update, I aimed to throw players straight into the spicy scenes, hoping to show what my game will contain as early as I can and let the world-building unfold gradually through exposition and flashbacks as we advance further. I've noticed that some visual novels, especially NSFW ones, lose player engagement if they take too long to get to the more enticing parts of the story, which can hurt early support.

However, your feedback on character development and introducing the MC's goals sooner makes a lot of sense... Thanks for playing!

OuterZone

Nov 12, 2020
I understand your point about the exposition and pacing. For the first update, I aimed to throw players straight into the spicy scenes, hoping to show what my game will contain as early as I can and let the world-building unfold gradually through exposition and flashbacks as we advance further. I've noticed that some visual novels, especially NSFW ones, lose player engagement if they take too long to get to the more enticing parts of the story, which can hurt early support.

However, your feedback on character development and introducing the MC's goals sooner makes a lot of sense... Thanks for playing!
I understand that it's difficult to decide what to include in the first release and what to save for later, particularly when you have a unique and/or rich world. Finding the right balance isn't easy.

This game has the potential to become something special.

Reactions: S1ck Games

S1ck Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2023

Hey everyone! New update is out, I'll be returning here in 10 days to post the public version as usual.
Here's what's new in v0.2:
Around 350 new renders picking up from where v0.1 left off
9 New Unique Scenes
1 New Animation (30fps) (Dom Path)

I aim to release updates every two months, so if you enjoyed the first version, consider supporting to gain early access and support the project I really appreciate it!

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Do you have the whole story planned out in your head?

I guess the releases will alternate, one focusing on the dom path and the next on the sub path.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
I remember this game as an interesting reality show with sex games in v0.1, the only bad thing was the main menu which had a life of its own and slowed the game down to 10fps for those of us with a crappy dual core processor :HideThePain:.

S1ck Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2023

If there are any bugs in the android version please do let me know in the discord server! At the moment I don't really have access to an android to test it on my end.

Reactions: Worthless_

S1ck Games

Game Developer
Jan 27, 2023
I remember this game as an interesting reality show with sex games in v0.1, the only bad thing was the main menu which had a life of its own and slowed the game down to 10fps for those of us with a crappy dual core processor :HideThePain:.
Are you on my Discord? I want to adress that hopefully for v0.3 but I might need someone with a low-end system to playtest it and make sure it's okay.

PickerLewd

Dec 22, 2022
Are you on my Discord? I want to adress that hopefully for v0.3 but I might need someone with a low-end system to playtest it and make sure it's okay.
No, but if you want to in the future, you can send me a test build with just the menu here by private message and I'll tell you how it works.

I think the problem is the animation on the menu letters, because pressing ESC, which pauses the game and goes to the save screen, also causes the problem.

When I leave the menu and return to the game, everything is fine again.

Reactions: S1ck Games
Apr 28, 2022
I see a femdom tag, but i dont see a maledom tag.

Can you REALLY dominate these women?

Can you walk them like dog, naked and on a leash? Can you bind and blindfold them? Can you paddle their ass until its red and bruised?

Can you fuck them into submission, blurring the lines between rape and consent?

Because thats maledom.

I see a lot of femdom games for masochists, but i rarely see maledom games for sadists like myself. Most of them are cheap japanese hentai games.

Reactions: Nobuganda

goulet1995

Sep 30, 2021
There is both a maledom and a femdom route! (That is, as long as you're comfortable with femdom between other characters.) The closest inspiration for me in this project has been Tess's Karlsson's Gambit VN. Please don't try to judge the book by its cover, I worked 8 months on this and released it for free to everyone, thanks!
can you elaborate on fendom between other characters? Does this mean other men in the story? Lezdom? If either of those does it involve a LI and based on what you already said i assume its unavoidable?

JSimon8668

Oct 1, 2023

This is solid writing advice in general. Just to add another perspective, this is a very weird edge case that meets all the conditions where I don't mind the exposition to be front loaded a bit.

Because it has:
-multiple paths
-updates every couple months
-A format with a handy skip function
-Enough appeal to revisit each update

The end product may be less perfect from a storytelling perspective, but practically it is nice being able to skip a chunk of world building when you are already familiar with the world from multiple replays of past updates and then get immersed where choices matter instead of trying to pick through what is skippable and what is not.

4.50 star(s) 2 Votes