5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
Cover.png

Overview:
The world was destroyed five years ago.
A mysterious fog had entered the world enveloping the world, save for one city.
Since then, five years have passed and life moves on.
One day, you have a dream that Ellie, a classmate of yours had jumped off of the roof of the school and that to save her, you must make a pact with an unknown entity.
Will you discover the truth behind the fog?​

Thread Updated: 2024-02-01
Release Date: 2024-01-30
Developer: Speisu - -
Version: 1.04
Language: English
Length: ~76,000 words
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -
Linux: - - - -
Mac: - - - -

Anna_1_2.png Chloe_Swim_1_4.png JessieLauren_15.png Jessie_Cafe_3_3.png Noel_StreetPerforming_1_5.png
Floor_1_11.png Floor_1_44b.png Baptism_0.png Intro_8.png Mira_3_47eAlt.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Wafe

Mar 22, 2019
Kinetic Novel?
No sexual content?
And more importantly for me, no romance ?

Wow i'm not the target audience at all. I wish you the best nonetheless : )
Romance is arguable because all the girls are basically in love with the MC, and the bulk of the game is dates, but romance isnt the sole focus of the game so I wasn't sure about how to mark that.
But regardless, thanks for taking a look at the thread!

Reactions: AhrimanH

Eldiran

Mar 7, 2019
Understood. So in a way, it's sort of like an harem.
Also i must say that even if the game doesn't look for me, the paranormal aspect of it is intriguing.

Tenpouin

Sep 6, 2020
Also i must say that even if the game doesn't look for me, the paranormal aspect of it is intriguing.
Yeah the dream world and the way it affects the waking world and the current situation everyone is in is a strong underlying current to the VN, maybe Wafe could do a better job explaining a bit. Its sad that you can't overlook the lack of sex because it worked for me, but then again i'm a story first guy. Regardless thanks for at least looking

Reactions: AhrimanH and Wafe

Wafe

Mar 22, 2019
Yeah fantastic point!

Along with what Tenpouin said, I tried to add a lot of layers to how the paranormal/supernatural aspects of the game work, along with how the dating mechanics work, so it was very hard for me to add tags and clearly define things by normal guidelines.

For instance for a lot of games, the supernatural or paranormal functions as an explainable force to just be afraid of, as a metaphor for a real thing, or as something that is eventually explained using the science of the game.

For me, I drove a very careful line of making the paranormal and supernatural not a fake mystery to be solved, or as a horrifying force to fear, but as something that warps the world, not just when they are alone at night, but as something that leaks into their every day, mundane lives. It's not a metaphor either because it's real to the world, but it becomes something that takes symbolic meaning to the characters. The horror, mystery, uncertainty, but also the eventual mundanity are things that weigh on the characters, and the focus is for how it is eventually supposed to feel lonely and isolating.

That is how it works for the awake world, which is the dating sim component of the game with all of the girls, and honestly a large majority of the scenes. The trauma serves as a way for the MC to get closer to a lot of the characters, so it's hard to define it solely as romantic and fluffy because of the literal weight of the fog. Speaking of harem aspects, it's implied that the MC is basically the only normally mentally functioning man in the whole world thanks to the fog.

For the dream world, it serves as something the MC faces directly, and interacting with characters from the world. Here it's almost reversed, where the dream world, at least for the sections relevant to the game, act as a mirror or a gateway into the mind of Ellie and I use it to explore things in very different styles.

I tried to frontload this contrast and these features very early on in the game. I would say that the intro and first character scenes are a pretty good indication of the style of the game, so if you would like to give it a shot, I'd imagine you'd know pretty quickly if it's for you!

Side note: This is a great thing for me to expand on even further in a dev log! Thanks!

Wafe

Mar 22, 2019

Here's a Dev Log that finishes talking about the history of Achlys! Wondering what I should write about next.

Eldiran

Mar 7, 2019
Yeah the dream world and the way it affects the waking world and the current situation everyone is in is a strong underlying current to the VN, maybe Wafe could do a better job explaining a bit. Its sad that you can't overlook the lack of sex because it worked for me, but then again i'm a story first guy. Regardless thanks for at least looking
I can do it (sometime i also come for the sex but stay for the plot/character). But most of the time my commitment to a game/VN go by the fact that it can do choices (especially if they matter) and the emotional attachment i have to some of the girl the game have. I'm also someone who don't like harem that much.

But to be fair, Wafe take a lot of time to answer me so maybe i should give it a try : )

Last edited:

Wafe

Mar 22, 2019
I can do it (sometime i also come for the sex but stay for the plot/character). But most of the time my commitment to a game/VN go by the fact that it can do choices (especially if they matter) and the emotional attachment i have to some of the girl the game have. I'm also someone who don't like harem that much.

But to be fair, Wafe take a lot of time to answer me so maybe i should give it a try : )
Thanks! I would appreciate it! I’m all heart, much like my game.

Wafe

Mar 22, 2019
While not a perfect answer, I definitely got sidetracked a ton, I wrote a dev log talking about my thoughts on the paranormal, psychological, and philosophical aspects of the game!

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote