DarkWolf2055

"Acknowledge Me"
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 3, 2017
143338_banner.png
Overview:
This is a short strip mini-game I did to learn to make a visual novel game from end to end. You meet up with a Jozlyn, an acolyte of the sex god Lorval, she challenges you in a strip game of strategy

Developer/Publisher: lorval
Censorship: No
Language: English
Version: 1.1
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Instalation:

Change-log:

Download:
WIN: - - -

MAC: - - -

143341_bg_jozlyn1_Talking.png 143342_bg_jozlyn0.png
Thanks to for the Walkthrough​

Jetfire616

Mar 14, 2018
over and done with in less than 5 mins so literally a coffee break game, but renders are pretty good and the strategy game itself is a bit of a bitch until you figure it out. the girl's pretty hot too, so hoping there might be a larger game with her involved. no bugs noticed, but not really surprised with such a short game. all in all a successful test game. i think i'll go check out what else this dev has to offer...

Reactions: ontach

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
over and done with in less than 5 mins so literally a coffee break game, but renders are pretty good and the strategy game itself is a bit of a bitch until you figure it out. the girl's pretty hot too, so hoping there might be a larger game with her involved. no bugs noticed, but not really surprised with such a short game. all in all a successful test game. i think i'll go check out what else this dev has to offer...
Hey thanks. I am the dev. Yes, it's short. It was me just doing the smallest game possible for me to get experience.

My next game Fantasy Town will be a lot bigger. See some of the work in progress on my Patreon site:

Reactions: Domiek and ontach

perheiro

Apr 25, 2017
I'm in. Renders are sweet. Looking forward to Fantasy Town. Don't know if I'll be going to the library there but then again that may not be my choice.

Khurza.png

Tarasia

Satan's soul
Donor
Aug 11, 2016
Hey thanks. I am the dev. Yes, it's short. It was me just doing the smallest game possible for me to get experience.

My next game Fantasy Town will be a lot bigger. See some of the work in progress on my Patreon site:
i saw something green when clicking, your link and that was the scariest thing i saw in a long time. On subject of this short novel.

Clap clap clap clap clap clap. (math formula also says CL=F

Some might say it's to short, but at least it's finished and fap worthy. Renders are good and no bugs i could tell ( but the bigger a game is the more that needs to be coded, the more bugs are prone to exist)

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I'm in. Renders are sweet. Looking forward to Fantasy Town. Don't know if I'll be going to the library there but then again that may not be my choice.

View attachment 132048
Hahaha I just realized librarian Khurza might not be everyone's cup of tea so I switched her character profile out for Jule while everyone is checking out my Patreon for the first time.

perheiro

Apr 25, 2017
Hahaha I just realized librarian Khurza might not be everyone's cup of tea so I switched her character profile out for Jule while everyone is checking out my Patreon for the first time.
Holy Shit!! Now that is what I call an upgrade.

RedSh

Jul 17, 2017
Cute game.

I liked the renders, but disliked the full body length framing cutting the model off at the ankles. Half torso, fine. You can good detail with the head and can express things with the arms.

Three-quarters of the body -- not really a happy medium between model size and detail, but okay I guess.

Full torso minus the feet is like full torso minus the forehead up -- odd. It's like you were aiming for a full figure with your camera but mis-clicked on the exposure. You'll lose nothing zooming a touch more out, and will actually end up with the entire model pictured.

Hope the character winds up in some of your upcoming productions. :)

Reactions: starboy66

starboy66

Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
Cute game.

Three-quarters of the body -- not really a happy medium between model size and detail, but okay I guess.

Full torso minus the feet is like full torso minus the forehead up -- odd. It's like you were aiming for a full figure with your camera but mis-clicked on the exposure. You'll lose nothing zooming a touch more out, and will actually end up with the entire model pictured.

Hope the character winds up in some of your upcoming productions. :)
Thanks. The reason for that odd shot is because I needed to show the full body because of the strip game but I also wanted to zoomed in as much as possible to give the most detail. I have a little TV background and come from the theory of push in as much as possible, for the tightest shot you can get. So that's why I cut off the feet. There is a theory (I forget what it is called) that people fill in items that get cut out of frame so as a cameraman you can get in even tighter.

This might be a thing where still camera theory is different than video camera theory is, I don't know. But I get your point. I did think a lot between cutting off the feet or not but I sided on the get in for a tighter shot. But I can see someone going the other way too.

Thanks for your input.

RedSh

Jul 17, 2017
Thanks. The reason for that odd shot is because I needed to show the full body because of the strip game but I also wanted to zoomed in as much as possible to give the most detail.
One thing I've seen in RenPy games (Depraved Awakening, I think) is a pan over a high res image, starting at the feet and panning up to the head/chest. Might be perfect for a strip game since you could do the high res pan upon clothing loss, then upon click revert to the standard model view. Or maybe shrink the high-res image to fit the screen, I don't know how the function actually works.

Googling "ren'py pan" seems to bring up relevant results.

Cheers.

Reactions: starboy66

Sonico

Engaged Member
Jul 21, 2018
Thanks. The reason for that odd shot is because I needed to show the full body because of the strip game but I also wanted to zoomed in as much as possible to give the most detail. I have a little TV background and come from the theory of push in as much as possible, for the tightest shot you can get. So that's why I cut off the feet. There is a theory (I forget what it is called) that people fill in items that get cut out of frame so as a cameraman you can get in even tighter.

This might be a thing where still camera theory is different than video camera theory is, I don't know. But I get your point. I did think a lot between cutting off the feet or not but I sided on the get in for a tighter shot. But I can see someone going the other way too.

Thanks for your input.
Kind of curious, any chance of Jozlyn getting a quickie in Fantasy Town? :sneaky: