[R>Artist 2D] [R>Programmer] Paid Share Additional Support Needed; Sexpionage Twine Game [Blue Sparrow]

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Project:
Blue Swallow

Developer:
Myself and five others at the moment, three on art, one on proof/testing, 1 on dev/code

Looking for:
Specifically looking for two things, possibly in the same person:

- An artist or programmer comfortable with AI calls for passage art. I'm not *requiring* AI art, but given that these images are flavor more than anything else, the need for them to be cheap and quick is more important than anything else. I'd like there to be at least one or more pieces on every single passage in the game, which is a *lot*.
We're shored up on doll art, but need someone interested in giving color and art to the individual paths. Help give the words life!

- A UX/UI-focused programmer, as our previous one disappeared and we'd like to continue enhancing the game with QoL and cool things for our players.

Employment Type:
Share preferred, Paid possible

Live on Subscribestar, Patreon, Boosty and Itch.io

0.5 Sneak to released to subs today, 0.4P posted here and publicly as well

Work commitment:
Ad Hoc for the time being

Preferred method of contact:
Discord (CassieBare#9436) or Here

Job Description:
We've been in development at a good clip since April '23 and completing our fifth full release. It's packed with depth and content, active choices for the player but where we're lacking is in the visual assets and we're looking for support in that area.

We utilize a Trello board for call-outs of upcoming needs, both for dev and for art assets, but we're also very open to individual creativity and the things you want to design and do.

I hope you're reach out and join our team and help us bring the art to balance out the broadly-lauded writing and player agency.

Last edited:

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
For anyone interested, of my writing and the jumping off point of the story.

Currently at ~100 passages written. My plan is to release it once I've brought the story to the transition from 'life' into the action.

Clearly I need help with how it looks, and coding assistance would let me focus on building out the story rather than the trial and error process I have now in Sugarcube.

Last edited:

afound01

Jan 29, 2023
Hey, I'm interested in learning more. I can't really message on discord tho. I'm a web dev, can you tell me more about the project?

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Absolutely!

From the opening passage:

"Welcome to Blue Swallow: Adult American Spy Thriller.

You control the action of our main protagonist, our heroine who has been thrust from a normal life into going undercover to save her family and save her country.

Who is she? How did she end up in this position? Will she succeed? And what will she have to do to accomplish her mission?

You decide."

- The project is open-ended and I am willing to consider people as temporary or long-term contributors to the game
- The expectation is to develop a branching SugarCube game with light visual assets (I just want it to look good and clean, I'm not after feature bloat). I am doing all the writing and have a clear vision of where I'm headed.
- Sexpionage Theme, with allusions to Alias, Red Sparrow. Corruption would be a central kink, I guess.
- I plan to work on this as much as my work and life allow. That said, I've been conceiving of the project for a couple of years, so this isn't some flash in the pan thing for me.
- I'm looking for a person to substantially help with the coding in Sugarcube, and either that person leaning in on HTML/CSS/Java for visuals and whatnot OR another person giving their support in that area

Last edited:

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Updated the link and file -- fixed some code so it's a better representation.

afound01

Jan 29, 2023
That sounds interesting. I'd be interested in helping with programming aspect. Let me check out your demo so far. Is there an example of the type of UI you were interested in?

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
That sounds interesting. I'd be interested in helping with programming aspect. Let me check out your demo so far. Is there an example of the type of UI you were interested in?
I mean, Female Agent surely has some great UI. I do think at some point an avatar representation of our protagonist would be a nice touch.

I am not aiming to copy that game though. Something that's clean, more interesting than BLACK. It doesn't need to be fancy.

The Demo is a little rough (definitely coding is not my strength) and I've only just now spun up VSC and Twee to go through the code for errors easier.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Updated the Demo with a bit more length and fixed (I believe!) coding.

I've moved into VSC which is helping my coding, but I still need someone with a sense of UX/UI to improve the looks and feel of the player interaction.

Back to writing!

afound01

Jan 29, 2023
A sorry, I thought I left my comment. Ultimately, I think the content isn't in my niche, and I wouldn't be a good fit for the project.

• Sad
Reactions: CassieBare

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Hi CassieBare,

We might be able to help you. Feel free to have a look at our game Starwatch Academy.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Hi CassieBare,

We might be able to help you. Feel free to have a look at our game Starwatch Academy.
Hey Miosha, appreciate the comment -- in what way are you offering to help, just a little unclear, and didn't want to misread this as an ad.

Miosha

Game Developer
Oct 7, 2021
Hey Miosha, appreciate the comment -- in what way are you offering to help, just a little unclear, and didn't want to misread this as an ad.
Hi, we are a team so we have multiple skills available that could match your needs. Sorry if it wasn't clear, I mentioned our game as a reference for you to see what we're capable of.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
Bump!

Still looking for experience in UX/UI and/or an artist whose work might align with this style and concept.

lewdpirate

Apr 15, 2019
I do pixelart, I can do a paper doll for your game if you’re interested? I am mostly looking to contribute for free with zero strings attached.

CassieBare

Game Developer
Jan 25, 2020
I do pixelart, I can do a paper doll for your game if you’re interested? I am mostly looking to contribute for free with zero strings attached.
That'd be awesome. I'm traveling at the moment so messaging here is best til I'm back. Otherwise, hit me up on discord

lewdpirate

Apr 15, 2019
I cannot DM you on discord, since we do not have any common servers, but I sent you a friend request there :)