Adult Gaming on Steam - Do you buy games there?

morphnet

Aug 3, 2017
I did for my first one but after that I made a second account and use the first one only for normal gaming because it can really do a number on your recommended list.

fnmayer

Nov 19, 2018
You have ways to not show to your friends games that you don't want them to see now, people used to have multiple accounts to buy ero games.

Hadley

Sep 18, 2017
I pretty much only buy Games on Steam. I hate that stupid Patreon system. Putting a Game on Steam gives the Dev a actual incentive to finish it. On Patreon you have too many devs that just work as slow as possible to leech as much money as they can.

ZoneTan20

Dec 15, 2018
I pretty much only buy Games on Steam. I hate that stupid Patreon system. Putting a Game on Steam gives the Dev a actual incentive to finish it. On Patreon you have too many devs that just work as slow as possible to leech as much money as they can.
That's true, also Steam cracked down on unfinished "troll" games about 2 years ago citing russian games specifically that may have had tojans/miners, so it's sort of curated in that aspect. I think there are still plenty low-effort games, tho but the prices and reviews usually reflect that.

There was a thread recently talking about how the pledge-system incecitivizes that "milking" behavior in game development. Can't really disagree seeing certain games behave this way with ongoing patreon milking, some from 2018 (like Bioasshard Arena).