VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Affexon [v0.29] [NaughtyDeveloper]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Markosh_1973

It is incredibly difficult to give an actual rating....

On the one hand, very good points here:
    Fantastic quality of images and effects, sound & music also very good, even the presentation sometimes seems like from a very good movie production. Very interesting skills (MC)
    The story and its background itself sounds interesting and really makes you want more.

On the other hand, there are also some less good things:
    The transitions within the flow of the game are abrupt and without any effect or flow, black screen as a transition seems way too cheap compared to the rest of the presentation.
    Facial expressions and features could use a bit more love....
    The actual "game", however, hinders the development of the story enormously due to completely unimportant and pointless and permanently repetitive "decisions". The game flow itself is slower than any sloth.
    Very interesting abilities (MC) of which unfortunately only passively and according to script is made use of, (yet) no active possibilities.
    About the actual plot (besides seducing MILFs) nothing can really be said yet...

(The negative points are especially noticeable because the rest of the presentation is on a much higher level).

But this VN is currently still in development and only at the beginning of its (probably long) journey. Therefore, I hope for the best and wait for the following episodes!
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Kasami Lee

Best game found on this site till now. Except writing/choices still needs to be improved and some other machanics with regards in content phase.
    Render are top notch, no complains.
    Hopefully we won't have to wait long for v0.3 as we did for v0.2
    Good luck to the developer in developing the game more and more.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Chartone

Good renders and a decently interesting background setting set up.

Everything else is flat out bad. Painful dialogue, pointless choices, boring characters, and a weird loser MC. Why set up a superhero setting and then just write a bad "land lady" story? Will I help wash the dishes tonight? Riveting material.

If all a game is bringing to the table is pretty artwork, I'm not interested.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Shagrynn

Really cool, great looking models. Really want to impregnate Jane, goddam she's lovely. I love her freckles. Goblin fight was cool, good power fantasy stuff there. Smooth talking silver tonged MC really knows how to make a mature woman feel sexy I'll say. Can't wait for their story to progress. If I was him I'd keep a photo of her with me on missions so that if I was going to die she'd be the last thing I see.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

primeumaton

Version: 0.2b Build Celestial

The quality of the renders is amazing. The effects are top notch, and the animations don't try to be perfect (which leads to odd looking animation), making them work really well.

Currently this is a tiny amount of content. Quality couldn't be higher, but honestly sad I found it early on.

This will be one I check in on in like... a year. With this quality that's about how long I expect for it to have enough content to play.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Alteni

Gameplay : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Story : ✭✭✭✭✭
    Spelling : ✭✭✭✭✰
    renders : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Animations: ✭✭✭✰✰
    Potential : ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Girls physique : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Graphic : ✭✭✭✭✰
    Sex Content : no sex
    Creativity :✭✭✭✭✰
    Note :
    I love it ! all the best to the developer
  7. 4.00 star(s)

2382dudubes

v0.2b
    First impression is solid. Not much to go on since it's very short and there isn't really any content yet, but we will see how it develops. Warning: No sexual content other than seeing boobs.
    Writing was fine, some grammar mistakes here and there.

Plot is portals opening for baddies (Warcraft 3?), some hero association with ranks and threat levels (One Punch Man?), and Characters/Spells that look like straight out of (Overlord?).

Despite being so short, I found the repeating day cycle already a bit much. (Repeating breakfast/dinner, washing dishes, watching TV). Hero ranking was a bit weird (all stats average to B, yet results in total S rank: why?). edit: I misread it.

MC has healing abilities as well as some other super powerful ability (Charlotte?). Other than fantasy setting, setup very cookie cutter: live with aunt+daughter and spy on them changing, etc.

I really like the Models/Renders.
    Too early to judge accurately, shows promise, so 4 for now.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

Impressive
    The update took long but the quality speaks for itself
    Great renders, presentations, music, dialogues you name it
    Not to mention the Hot new beautiful models
    And the story seems to be a well versed one with an intriguing plot though not much can be said as it's just the beginning

Great work dev
    Only thing I hope for is faster updates in the future but I guess you can't have em all
    Looking forward to future updates
    Goodluck with the project
  9. 1.00 star(s)

OldMoonSong

Review of v0.2b

I honestly feel I need to be harsh given that there are WAY too many nonsensical 5-star reviews which are inflating the rating and expectations of new viewers.

The good:
    • art + render quality - as someone who dabbles in DAZ, I can definitely see and appreciate the effort and time that goes into making high quality renders. The characters look good (with the exception of the MC) and the posing, expressions, and small details are worth noting.
    • the plot's SETTING - realities intersect and magical creatures and new races enter the world, chaos ensues. Not original, but not exhausted, either.
    The bad:
    • the plot's NARRATIVE - the writing, pacing, scenes, transitions, and even basic stuff like grammar are all quite bad. Nothing that has happened so far relates in any way to the interesting plot setting described just above. Instead it's just a repetitive loop of meaningless events and even less meaningful choices. Clean, help, make food, do dishes, clean, help, make food, do dishes.... What's the point? Nothing is happening. And to choose NOT to help doesn't change anything either except you miss out on the "+1 to relationship with the MILF" background tracking shit. The scenes are pointless and there is no transition between scenes other than a fade to black with the text, "later on..." or something. It's very abrupt and jarring.
    • MC - from the POV of design, MC is an outlier in that he looks terrible. His hair looks like someone tried to give him a hair cut with a butter knife. Expressions are extremely plain, even when they shouldn't be (for example, when stabbing a fucking goblin with a pen?), and he basically just has what I'd call a very "punch-able" face. Seriously he looks like a sniveling little twerp and a creep. If that was the goal, then congratulations I guess.
    If the render quality was ANY lesser, this review would be 1-star, and even that saving grace is barely enough.

I get the impression that the writing being a huge mess is a result of the developer not having a clear understanding of what it is he wants to do. If that's true, he needs to seriously stop to reconsider and consolidate his ideas for the story into a fleshed-out narrative.

If that ISN'T the case, and the only story is to have this childish, perverted twerp of an MC use magical "healing" powers to brainwash girls into wanting him, then please let me know so I can update my review to 1-star.

EDIT: updated to 1-star in light of more recent delusional reviews. Someone actually has said, "Best game found on this site till now." Give me a fucking break.
  10. 3.00 star(s)

tbag54

This game has great potential, currently it is not good OR bad. so average. Models and graphics looks nice but grammar is bad. The major problem i have is that this game has been regularly on the latest updates page but only for a patch!!! Ithought this was not allowed but maybe i am wrong.
    The lighting is another thing that is god.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

Obanama

Review as of 0.2b

There isn't that much content yet, cirka 30 minutes or so but what is there is pretty good. Renders, animations, vfx and modeling is 10/10 and rivals that of the top dogs on F95. Unfortunately, the writing is just not up to par at all, with quite a lot of typos, incorrect grammar, unnatural sentences and strange word choices.
    I was thinking of setting the score to 3 stars at first but I know that it's a first time developer so I shall look onward with hope and leave it at 4 stars.
  12. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4447828

It's been almost one year since I saw this game. Thank god, it's not another sandbox game. Visual part of the game looked great and dev at least tried to make facial expressions of the models. Animations were nothing but visual effects without moving figures but they still looked good. Story was interesting at first but I felt too much futuristic vibe that is not really helping erotic part of the story.

Real problem seems his production rate. After 11 months, the game has 900 renders and 50 animations. Considering the animations are not moving models but visual effects, the production rate is not sufficient for this kind of VN. And the story felt generic without the futuristic vibe. And its slow-burn mechanism in the story was rather lazy & annoying than making one curious about the future story. To make slow-burn effective, you gotta give more attractive stories and visuals. Doing nothing is not slow-burn.

We will see realistic sex in this VN after 5-10 years if it's not abandoned and I am not looking forward to it.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

PJ`s

I do play a lot of RenPy VN`s and this looks promising.Renders are solid. Plot is interesting and at least at this stage (0.1a) this looks really cool. I truly believe that this can be at the level of LaS or even better.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Harry6hp

The game is super cool , story-line looks interesting and the models are super good . The intro is short but the game looks promising. And the renders are awesome they are too good and language well it needs some work except that the game looks too good. And the planned genres are also looking good . And cousin is super beautiful and got a bit sad knowing that she is deflowered well we cant do anything looking forward to the future updates.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

LouWill

5 stars on the basis of effort, originality, execution, and faith in the dev to carry this game far.

I have to admit I'm not the biggest fan of fantasy elements in VNs but this game does it well enough to make me semi-interested. Add on top of that gorgeous LIs, and some good incest storylines and there's something special here.

Now it's not perfect. Without a dedicated GPU, it'll be hard to appreciate all the little touches of animation. Even with the compressed version, it was hard on my laptop. I also don't like Game-Over screens, which add nothing of value to any game and is an irritant. There are also pointless single choice menu options.

The intro is also quite short, but given the raw potential here, I'll be watching this game closely to see if the dev can deliver on the promise of a really cool and original game.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

gr33nappleboy

I'm actually a bit speechless.....was not expecting this at all.

Top notch renders, graphics, and transitions, check.
    Clean interfaces, check
    Intriguing story, check
    Grammar fluidity, check

Very short intro but it's off to a very strong start
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Rama

Looks and sounds amazing, can't wait for brranching paths and a lot more depth to the characters. I REALLY hope that this won't suffer the Photo Hunt syndrome where the dev just keeps adding in new girls and completely forgets that the original ones existed at all. Both characters that were seen so far look great, are rather realistic and sexy. I like the status windows but could do without the manhua shit like "yooo im an SSSSSSS rank hunter of the huajian guild and I have fireball Rank 4" and such. :D

Overall, I'd really love to see this develop into a full story, but even for a preview, this is TOP NOTCH!
    I can't support it at that moment but will be sureto once things get sorted at home.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2986322

Wow wow wow wow wow wow.
    This is a perfect game, the renders are fucking awesome.
    The character design too.
    10/10 for this game
    I really like the concept of analyzing
    We really should support the game devlopper to speed up the updates
  19. 5.00 star(s)

Tickle

Haven't written a review in a long time, but this one trully deserves it. Great story, great renders,great music and very important unique on more than one levels.Insert *we will watch your career with great interest meme here <3
  20. 3.00 star(s)

botc76

Nice renders, great looking girls so far, especially one sexy and relatively realistic looking milf.
    A lot (And I mean a shitload of) of exposition, lots of grammar, punctuation and spelling errors, sadly so many that they did detract a bit from my enjoyment of the game.
    The writing is okay so far, apart from the errors, sometimes a bit stilted, but no problem.
    And something that always frustrates me, way too many single option choices. Basically all but one choice in this short demo had only one option and so were no choice at all.
    Don't do that devs, it breaks the flow of the game/story, and it is completely unnecessary.
    Overall this is a promising start, but it does need some work, to become a really good and enjoyable game.