Ren'Py - Completed - After the Inferno [v1.0] [Classy Lemon]

1. 5.00 star(s)

dewrules

This is a very good game. I have a few complaints about the lack of sex scenes (there are a few good angles but not a lot of change in positions) and only ONE!!! anal scene, but this is a good game.
    Well written, funny, and overall entertaining. This thing has battle animations that are cool!!! The characters are beautiful and interesting I wish I could revisit them for fun times and try more positions but sadly after you are done you could only see them in gallery mode (there is an ending bonus but without anal, it feels more of the same).
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 609064

Great story. Graphics were good, cut-scenes very well done.

Voice acting added a lot. The sandbox was well executed.

Some may feel the sex scenes were lacking but I thought most were appropriate to the plot and character development.

A+ VN.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

JRelengod

I don't know I really wanted to like this, the setting is unique, the beginning was nice and the models look good, but something about the game feels empty. It feels very linear and it takes itself too seriously sometimes and then other times it's really goofy. Don't get me wrong the comedy in the game is quite good overall but the drama is just so self-serious and boring; very little happens, and you feel like you have such little control over anything. Its definitely better than most visual novels here, and there's clearly effort and ambition here which I respect but it just doesn't feel fun to play or read which I think is mainly do to a lack of motivating force. Like the first LI, why should I care about her? I barely know the MC, let alone this random girl. I almost wish the game had just cut to the chase faster or at least indulged in itself a bit less.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ta123

This is one of the excellent games ever in f95zone. The story, the set up, the ending, the character, and the animation is really good. Very recommended to be downloaded.

After the Inferno takes in medieval setting with some fantasy magic thingy. We as the main character have mission to complete in the town.
    This game is the best on the animation, i really surprised how good and beautiful the animation. Not to mention that the story has really goood build up and the end i really justified
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Page11

Great game. Basically, what this type of games should be. I got tired of MC's that spy their mom when she showers.
    This game brings something different. Narrated intro, great cutscenes when needed, funny jokes, the writing was good. I also liked the fact that you are not thrown into sex head on, you can feel the passion and romance building up. I feel like a lot of games don't have this... It is nice to see the MC cuddle with the LI, and the characters feel alive and like they have personality (at least as far as I have gotten). They don't feel like they are there to just tell 3 jokes and fuck them after spying on them 3 times. I am only at Cressa's story, so there is that, but I was very impressed with what I saw so far. Cressa was very cute :D . I really liked how they made her and going on "dates" with her to try and find her a job and support her was nice and brought a nice feeling to me. I hope more games will add some sort of romantic buildup instead of straight pounding like most games do now.
    Really felt the chemistry between Cressa and MC and it was also a bit cute how stubborn she was.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

liege_n

To add my voice to the cacophony, I think this is a really solid game. Its pacing is great, I think the cast are all individually pretty damn solid, and the story is enjoyable. I poked around a bit in the Codex as well and its one of the games I have generally enjoyed reading up on the lore for. Generally just well written, well designed and well executed.
    It is a bit weird that only some characters have anime eyes, but in a spoiler bit the main character basically does too.
    I'd say this is well worth the time put into it.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

MikoKju

Except for alil weird eyes, the whole thing is great. Story is good, sandbox is just selections and not a grinder.
    The elves are coolest models I've seen in a while.
    It has far better and more content than older low-effort games.
    Looking forward to the next one!
  8. 5.00 star(s)

maver!ck

What can I say after playing After the Inferno v1.0? Well, it is a great game! I got the good ending and it definitely is a good story even if a bit short for my liking. Renders, audio and animations are well made. Sex scenes are short, but the story really got me coming back for more.
  9. 2.00 star(s)

Porthas

The writing to this game was very simple and not in a good way.

The first "quest line" or "love interest's" story was boring, bland, uninspired.
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I should have named my MC Jackhammer - because that describes pretty much all the sex scenes. Probably to match up with the cadence of whatever canned audio was used to accompany each sex scene: the same cadence and tempo each scene, leaving them all repetitive, boring, bland.

The MC is not believable as the leader of a medieval mercenary band. Anyone who makes a living killing people isn't going to be as whiny and emotional as this fella. You don't have to be a sociopath, but you didn't choose to be a baker. You're a hired killer.

The story logic falls down frequently. See above in spoilers as just one (of many) examples.

The "sandbox" is completely unnecessary. It adds nothing to the world and wastes one's time with extra clicks of the mouse.

The artwork and character design aren't poor but they're not above average either.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

Plenty of reviews and fame on this one so just a quicke.

Unique mechanic and Interesting Cutscenes are a huge +

Many the conversations are basic and border unfortunate repetition and lore dumping *
    *(for something that I feel does not exist elsewhere and personally find those hea though there is very very little here so not big deal).
    And some the sex is fast for something trying to be more serious and the sex itself outside the well made constantly done cumming which is certainty unique is not huge but serviceable enough.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Carmichael

I've tried this game after I saw high note and reviews but it was a waste of time imo.

One of reviews:
    "Wow. I stumbled upon this game thanks to someone's signature and I truly enjoyed it.
    Great story, world building and characters. The writing is really strong. "

Great story - which part? Its just girls stories (You start one after another) without any consistency to main story.
    world building and characters - srsly? There is no deep story behind characters. Even if it starts deep and interesting... its destroyed by some dumb shiet like "i bought a cake, wanna share? Coool, lets fuck (never fucked before). Second example that made me decide to drop that title: "I've never kissed a man. Cool, lets fuck to distract guard and escape dungeon"

It started nice but sex scenes are a joke - cool but short animations without any forplay or actual story that leads to scenes.

Big plus for cutscenes with voice but overal its 2/5.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

ALLIWANTTOSAY

I would say the MC is the most handsome one I saw in those games. And the sound effect and the graphic both excellent. Also, it provide the background information that can easily to catch the plot of the game. I am looking forward to see more new game form the developer.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Xazz

This is an INCREDIBLE game!!Stop looking at the reviews and just play it! I never expected this game to be so good. I played v1.0 and i gotta say im stunned.
    Let's start with the story. It's fken awesome. This game is build in a fantasy world that feels alive. You get detailed lore, races, events of the past... its incredible. And there's 2 endings, a good and a bad. Ending 10/10 LoTR fans will be pleased.
    This game has
    incredibly well animated cutscenes and sex scenes. The level of detail is amazing, i've never seen so well animated scenes. Also the comedy snips are a nice touch.
    The models look good even tho the female eyes look kinda uncanny. The renders are good except on some shots but still 98% of them are top notch.
    The voiced parts sound good and the BGM feels immersive and fits the theme of the world.
    I dont have anything negative to say about this game tbh other than its a bit short but it told the story nicely and it doesnt feel stretched or milked.
    Definitely recommended. I hope more people find this game because its a top notch game. I'd still play it without the sex scenes just for its amazing quality.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

PapaPhat

This game is EPIC!!! Love the grand story of the underdogs battling against the tyranny of the empire. The characters are well developed and the game play mechanics just work.

The animations are smooth and sexy with great cut scene content as well. The art is atypical of my usual choices as I generally prefer characters that are as realistic as possible. However, I thoroughly enjoyed this game from start to finish, even with all the females having overly large eyes. That part comes across a little too cartoonish for my taste. Yet, this was not sufficient cause to hamper my enjoyment in any way.

In fact, I loved After the Inferno so much that I just took a DL of Projekt: Passion. The character renders are more like my usual preference so if the story is anywhere near as good as Inferno's, Classy Lemon has ANOTHER hit, IMHO!!!

Huzzah for Classy Lemon! Adventure ever on my friends, Phat:cool:(y)
  15. 5.00 star(s)

PaninoColProsciutto

Wow. I stumbled upon this game thanks to someone's signature and I truly enjoyed it.
    Great story, world building and characters. The writing is really strong.
    Also I'm normally indifferent about this aspect but this game has probably the smoothest animations I've ever seen in this genre. Their quality really stood out to me. especially the facial expressions. The voice acting was pretty good too.
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Reykron

Excellent, perfect, so much so that I just want more xd, I just stumble upon this gem by chance and what a great find it was, a whole world, lore for everything, a varied cast of characters and no matter the situation good comedy haha, thank for this, wow, I'll have to check if you have come with anything else, keep it up and best of lucks on your projects. Also totaly recomended to try, for a fantasy adventure with some "fun" and lots of fun storytelling, with voiceactin ¡¿what?!:PogChamp: anyhow so good, hope more people play it.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

LickenFinger

A most excellent tale. The story is good, the graphics and animation are top notch. Yes there are animations that are not needed and maybe they slow down the play just a bit but I appreciate that they were included . It really helped to make the characters appear more life like especially those animations that showed not just body movements but changes of expressions.

The animation in the sex scenes were some of the best I have seen. What made them especially good was that the various angles employed were spliced together and displayed without any still images in between that that the vast majority of novels and games use. So, for example, a sex scene might be composed of 1-3 sex positions, each position displayed with 3-4 angles, all of that displayed in a continuous looping video with no need for the player to manually advance the scene. It is then left to the player to decide when to end the scene. The only thing that wasn't done much, if at all, was to advance dialogue during the sex scenes. That did not bother me at all.

Another positive: There are a very nice variety of female actors with different body shapes. (I hate stories where all the females have basketball boobs.

I am definitely giving this a 5 star rating and wish could give more. I am very surprised that this does not have hundreds of reviews. Possibly it's due to the fact that the story is much shorter than many others and did not go through a great deal of updates like other games. The more updates a game or novel has, the more publicity that it gets on this website. This novel had a very reasonable 12 updates.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

OleJackRipper

Main pro,
    This game had animation, voice over, and basically video when the maker wanted to put special emphasis on the scene.
    Was pretty cool. One of the modern games I would compare it to is the mist. Don't know why it's so animated (in this game's case; at certain points), but it is nice.

Now my main con:
    with so many sex scenes ending with an internal shot. . . we never get to see it/admire the mcs handiwork/no creampie render. And that tends to irk me more than some might feel it should.

Anywho. Pretty good story overall

Oh yeah I remember!
    This might be the first game where I finished it and decided that male models were significantly more attractive than the female models. The first time I saw Kyra. . . .. . the Cressa. . . . .
    The anime eyes really put me off. . . .
    An interesting thing was how Faye or whatever the full first name of the sun elf; she was too bright. The scene in itself might be visually dark, but then here comes a sun elf who shines so friggin much! cool but my eyes are not my friends rn.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

Cuzline

I really liked the game, even if some things felt unfinished it’s a solid game.
    It’s not “unfinished” but I would have liked more dialog with some characters, like the bartender who at first makes you feel like he could tell you a lot of rumors from the town or the blue-haired girl at the market
    I would have liked to see more of them since we are probably not gonna see them in a sequel (if it’s ever made) but they fulfill their role in the game
    Two things that I want to highlight

-The cut scenes, at first I thought that they were just a waste of time and effort from the dev, but it helped to make some moments more significant. It’s been more than a week since I finished the game and still remember some core moments of the game (well, it’s more about the relationship with the girls than the game)
    AND! The cut scenes have voices, that was another good surprise

- The second thing is the MC, I liked that he’s not a super virile man who never cries. He clearly doesn't feel like a mercenary but I mean that in a good way.

And the lore is great too but since I didn't played to much of the genere, idk if is super generic or taken from skyrim or something. I did enjoy it tho
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Long John Silver

This game is really punching well above it's weight.

Fully animated and voiced cutscenes are dispersed throughout and executed extremely well, something incredibly rare for DAZ games. The cohesive story is engaging, well paced and doesn't drag at any point. There's a good amount of world building and character development without needing to resort to exposition dumps. Dialogue is well written and flows naturally. The adult content is varied and very well done, animations are clean, and anything contentious is avoidable.

If you're a fan of story focused fantasy with a decent amount of adult content on the side then you won't be disappointed.