RPGM Abandoned Afterlife [v0.0073] [Novin]

3.60 star(s) 19 Votes
May 14, 2018
Is there a guide or some hints as to what each of the fragments do?
Also, characters keep saying about body mods, can they actually be bought or what?

Hollow15

Sep 30, 2018
Is there a guide or some hints as to what each of the fragments do?
Also, characters keep saying about body mods, can they actually be bought or what?
body mods do not seem to be part of the current build, however, they are mentioned because they are clearly a tangible good in the story which is why they are mentioned though not included.

As forwhat each fragments do it's hard to say, the first fragment you get gives you some ice power if you indulge in it and will slightly decrease your height with time. The second fragment lengthened the har and unlocked some ability that i think increases the amount of money you get from beating an opponent. The third fragment, at current, gives your character a more feminine voice

20thCenturyDude

Aug 16, 2017
ok, i would like some help, the game is so buggy for me i can't even get past first screen, after that i tried playing it in html and i got this Screenshot-2019-9-13 Afterlife.png

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
Well I just spent the last four hours playing this game and my thoughts are, very very linear, there seems to be nothing to do but area or just waste time during the day doing crap.

Just got the the arena ranking fight and can not even get past the first fight, instant two shot kill on me, tried it about 6 or 7 times and each time he uses some sort of spell fire or what not that wipes out somewhere between 1/2 and 3/4 of my hp in one shot, I spend a heal and the next round he does the same game over.

There seems to be a massive jump in difficulty from when you start the game and the first place you get sent and the places after you arrive and join artemis, I would imagine that was due to having such specials on your id card making it appear you are much better than you really are.

Healing considering how often you need to use disposable items they are far too expensive, I was going through 8-10 of them per fight in the first bounty board mission.

Normally in this sort of game I would just go off into one of the easier areas and farm them for cash and levels, this one seems to have no place to do that.

Think for now I will just give the game a miss and play some others. If it matters I took the gothic dress when offered and have been resisting all the compulisions outright.

Hollow15

Sep 30, 2018
that would likely be the first mistake. As i erecall, indulging the compulsions can spiral, but it is how you are meant to level up for lack of a better word, You can't gerind levels really because the actual levels are kind of pointless, most stats come from giving in to the vices. Second, you're not wrong about the arena, it is balls hard. A lot of the game gets unfairly tough in places. The only thing i can suggest if you try again is to save your potions for the arena. If you are at any point <= 200 hp during the fight, heal. because the potions heal less than the damage you take. also, some of it rng. Sometimes he will use different attack patterns, sometimes he will miss. That being said, you fight 4 battles in a row, at no point do you get to rest and recover between them, so sell anything you don't need and buy the potions because you are going to bloody need it. It is winnable, i have done it. It's is just needlessly difficult for such an early point in the game.

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
that would likely be the first mistake. As i erecall, indulging the compulsions can spiral, but it is how you are meant to level up for lack of a better word, You can't gerind levels really because the actual levels are kind of pointless, most stats come from giving in to the vices. Second, you're not wrong about the arena, it is balls hard. A lot of the game gets unfairly tough in places. The only thing i can suggest if you try again is to save your potions for the arena. If you are at any point <= 200 hp during the fight, heal. because the potions heal less than the damage you take. also, some of it rng. Sometimes he will use different attack patterns, sometimes he will miss. That being said, you fight 4 battles in a row, at no point do you get to rest and recover between them, so sell anything you don't need and buy the potions because you are going to bloody need it. It is winnable, i have done it. It's is just needlessly difficult for such an early point in the game.
Hmm, maybe I should have given into the compulsions, but my knee jerk reaction was to resist.

Only thing I spent my cash on was a better gun, and healing, most of which I used during the first bounty board quest which was seriously nasty, and pretty much returned nothing for doing it or no where near as much as it cost me in finishing it, normally I would have gone through and killed everything there, but after the first couple of fights I realized there was no chance I could do so, I simply did not have the dozens of heals it would have taken, considering I was using about 4-6 per fight.

As for being less that about 200 hp, pretty much every attack he did reduced me to that level, constantly healing is a loosing fight regardless of how many heals I had.

Hollow15

Sep 30, 2018
Hmm, maybe I should have given into the compulsions, but my knee jerk reaction was to resist.

Only thing I spent my cash on was a better gun, and healing, most of which I used during the first bounty board quest which was seriously nasty, and pretty much returned nothing for doing it or no where near as much as it cost me in finishing it, normally I would have gone through and killed everything there, but after the first couple of fights I realized there was no chance I could do so, I simply did not have the dozens of heals it would have taken, considering I was using about 4-6 per fight.

As for being less that about 200 hp, pretty much every attack he did reduced me to that level, constantly healing is a loosing fight regardless of how many heals I had.
I am in no way disagreeing with you on that series of fights, the difficulty is way too high. While I explainrd what the strat is, i 100% agree it is hard (and only gets harder from there); they really need to scale down the difficulty. There are some things that come from exploring, certain scroll items that can fuck up the minions that the bosses summon. Might help alleviate if were to give it a second go. Hopefully as more updates come out the feedback on the difficulty will go down/be patched.

Varik8876

Sep 17, 2019
I am in no way disagreeing with you on that series of fights, the difficulty is way too high. While I explainrd what the strat is, i 100% agree it is hard (and only gets harder from there); they really need to scale down the difficulty. There are some things that come from exploring, certain scroll items that can fuck up the minions that the bosses summon. Might help alleviate if were to give it a second go. Hopefully as more updates come out the feedback on the difficulty will go down/be patched.
I have the sneaking suspicion that the save is bugged, as I was saved just before entering for the first fight and when I replayed it on a later date and paid attention to what the first fighter did, it was exactly the same each time I played that fight again, which is not what I would guess should happen.

Hollow15

Sep 30, 2018
I have the sneaking suspicion that the save is bugged, as I was saved just before entering for the first fight and when I replayed it on a later date and paid attention to what the first fighter did, it was exactly the same each time I played that fight again, which is not what I would guess should happen.
No, that is odd. Mine would at least mix it up a bit.

NomadMaster

Nov 4, 2018
I think it is decent so far. The combat, could be tweaked, so you are not super zoomed in on the enemies. Can not see life bars too well like this. Also, currently the enemies names are off set from the positions of the monsters. I agree the price for the painkillers is high and three dungeons into it the monsters are not dropping enough cash from fights to make buying supplies affordable. It needs to be said, if poisoning can happen in battle why are there not antidotes for it. Can we have allies train in the training grounds to get them stronger like the mc at some point?

Last edited:

Rixen

Jun 3, 2017
I think it is decent so far. The combat, could be tweaked, so you are not super zoomed in on the enemies. Can not see life bars too well like this. Also, currently the enemies names are off set from the positions of the monsters. I agree the price for the painkillers is high and three dungeons into it the monsters are not dropping enough cash from fights to make buying supplies affordable. It needs to be said, if poisoning can happen in battle why are there not antidotes for it. Can we have allies train in the training grounds to get them stronger like the mc at some point?
What do you mean by "super zoomed on the enemies"?

angelmunera

Feb 10, 2018
I have this problem also. When you start combat most of it is off screen. This "super zoom" only happens when you're fighting. It gets reeaaally close to one or two enemies but if you're fighting more they are off screen with your group. I just select attack and hope for the best.

Rixen

Jun 3, 2017
I have this problem also. When you start combat most of it is off screen. This "super zoom" only happens when you're fighting. It gets reeaaally close to one or two enemies but if you're fighting more they are off screen with your group. I just select attack and hope for the best.
Some people had this problem and apparently, you need to run the game with an older Windows version compatibility, never had this problem tough, so I can't say on which version it works best.

Reactions: Puniasterus

Rixen

Jun 3, 2017
Think an extreme close up that offsets the monsters from their names and you can not see your team in battle.
Hey I found Novin's post on tfgamessite about that:
"There's been a few reports of this problem. I can surmise from the details that it's likely related to aspect ratio of the monitor the game is being played on. Apparently running the game in compatibility mode for windws XP SP 1 fixes it."

Mikeyw

Jun 3, 2017
So just today he's posted on his patreon a V.00059 update.
I have no way to acquire it, just making people aware.

Reactions: Rixen
3.60 star(s) 19 Votes