EAT
Trial Moderator
Uploader
Aug 5, 2016
or4pC7.png

Overview:
Aftersoul is a NSFW RPG where you and a party of adventurers explore a world in the midst of demonic upheaval. Explore a land in chaos as you attempt to make sense of yourself and these mysterious lands.​

Thread Updated: 2024-08-03
Release Date: 2024-07-15
Developer: Roads - - -
Censored: No
Version: 0.2.6 Hotfix - Exclusive
Language: English
Genre:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

Changelog:

Developer Notes:

DOWNLOAD
Win: - - - -

ss-1.png ss-2.png ss-3.png ss-4.png

Last edited by a moderator:

gerrrmalope

Jan 22, 2019
weird is this really an unreal engine game? I would not have guessed from the screenshots. Either way thanks for the upload im gonna try it out :)

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
weird is this really an unreal engine game? I would not have guessed from the screenshots. Either way thanks for the upload im gonna try it out :)
Yes its a Gay - Furry - Text based game, made in .. Unreal.
(Also I just updated the thread with the most up to date version)

And as I don't have the time to play text based games, I only put in some basic tags, would be nice if you (or others) who actually played it could report missing Tags.

Reactions: gerrrmalope

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Never expect to see the combo "Unreal Engine + Text-based".....

The art direction seems decent, just the UI a bit too messy
This piqued my interest.

gerrrmalope

Jan 22, 2019
Yes its a Gay - Furry - Text based game, made in .. Unreal.
(Also I just updated the thread with the most up to date version)

And as I don't have the time to play text based games, I only put in some basic tags, would be nice if you (or others) who actually played it could report missing Tags.
I guess its a good way to learn the fundamentals for a game engine, starting with a simple text based game.

Sure I can do that. Sorry if its a dumb question, but do I just report the tags here in the thread?

Bob69

Uploading the World
Uploader
Donor
Compressor
Mar 2, 2019
I guess its a good way to learn the fundamentals for a game engine, starting with a simple text based game.

Sure I can do that. Sorry if its a dumb question, but do I just report the tags here in the thread?
First post of this thread. Bottom left corner:
1722726340537.png
Select "Game update" and write the missing tags in the "More information" box.

Reactions: gerrrmalope

Darkairus

Mar 12, 2020
only played a bit of the intro thus far, mc is the cloaked figure so they seem to be going the faceless protag route. the first person you meet thinks you're a demon so I guess that's what you are but I dunno :LOL:
Aaah I'm a tad disappointed, I was really hoping for an anthro protag, but even if is a faceless protag, his silhouette looks like a human, so probably he is one :(

Reactions: Careless Cloud
Jan 26, 2022
Aaah I'm a tad disappointed, I was really hoping for an anthro protag, but even if is a faceless protag, his silhouette looks like a human, so probably he is one :(
Beat me to it lol! I feel like people who make furry games, and then have you be a human instead of a furry are missing the point. How many furries do you see in the community with human personas? It's fursona. Only reason I can imagine is a shitty copout of "well I don't wanna commit to a wolf man protag and risk alienating all my bunny bros out here" like bro, just pick a species, anything BUT human lmfao. When I'm in a furry mood, it's a FURRY mood. I pretty much always ignore furry games where you play a human.

• Sad
Reactions: GentlemanJaggi

gerrrmalope

Jan 22, 2019
well i played a bit more of the game tonight, pretty sure mc is in fact a demon of some kind, he has claws at least. don't think they intend on showing you the mc's face tho. the furries are a kind of demon in this universe so he could look like anything under that hood lol. also demon seems to refer to a being that can corrupt humans and also humans that have been corrupted by said beings. most of the furries/demons ive met so far use to be human, a couple seem to be ancient all powerful beings who i believe where never human but i could be wrong.

anyways the game has an ATB (Active Time Battle) Combat System that was a neat surprise, its been pretty fun so far probably gonna keep playing it :D

nackedsnake

Engaged Member
Jan 29, 2019
Beat me to it lol! I feel like people who make furry games, and then have you be a human instead of a furry are missing the point. How many furries do you see in the community with human personas? It's fursona. Only reason I can imagine is a shitty copout of "well I don't wanna commit to a wolf man protag and risk alienating all my bunny bros out here" like bro, just pick a species, anything BUT human lmfao. When I'm in a furry mood, it's a FURRY mood. I pretty much always ignore furry games where you play a human.
Speak for yourself. How is this "shitty copout"?
If you want me to be immersed into the MC, I don't want to be forced into someone else's Fursona, that's no difference than using a Persona.
The faceless approach is the 2nd best thing outside of full customisation.

Using Human in Furry games is totally Justified if it serves the Plot (Like in Blackgate, Shelter)
It's only bad when its sole purpose is self-insert.

If the MC is not customizable / or faceless, I never consider "it's me in the game", I just view the story through this character's eyes.
You are the one who's "missing the point".

------------------------------------
About the game itself, it's quite promising. World building is interesting.
But the UI is really messy, kinda painful to look at
....I hope the coding is not a mess cuz the dev use Unreal, otherwise it will bite them later.

Darkairus

Mar 12, 2020
I partially agree, people who make furry games can put any character they want as the protag, because after all it's their game, not ours, in the same way that they can choose the type (species) of character they want to use, we can choose to play that game or not, so personally I just ignore the games in which you play as a human bc is too boring to play as one, I want to play a furry game with an anthro furry character, not with a boring looking human in a world with only furry beastmen who are all taller, meanier, more powerful and handsome than you.

Last edited: