Ren'Py - Agent17 [v0.23.10] [HEXATAIL]

1. 4.00 star(s)

mahlerbestcomposer97

Despite the low rating I gave this a try and surprisingly it is quite entertaining and exceeded my expectations of a game with 3-stars rating.

Of course it isn't a masterpiece but it offers you hours of fun if you have the time to grind, and honestly the grind is not as devastating as some people here have claimed; overall I had a lot of fun playing till the end of current build and look forward to the next update.

Pros:
    1) Beautifully designed girls with many varieties, and there are more than 10 of them which has significant storyline so far and handful of side characters yet to be implemented.

2) Actually fun gameplay - unlike many sandbox with meaningless grind this game gives out "quests", which sometimes require you to do a bit of thinking and puzzle solving. And as you progress down the storyline, many things actually become free so this kind of give you a sense of achievement. If you endure the initial grind it would say this is kind of fun to play.

3) I find the UI extremely clean and reminds me of some japanese RPG. Of course not as good but good effort considering this is Renpy.

4) Substantial amount of content - it took me 6 hours or so to reach the end of current build and I think this game has been released for no more than 2 years. And non of them are repetitive - each characters storyline is unique and gave you different experience. Unlike some games that basically offers you the same 10 scenes over and over again, the dev actually design different scenes with the many characters. Good effort.

Cons:
    1) Grind - you need money and resources to progress in any girl's storyline. The level is acceptable for me, but for many it may be off putting.

2) Bad writing. I can endure lack of sophisticated vocabs, unnuanced dialogue, or even bland storyline; but this is basically written by someone who has primary school level writing skills and the word choices cringes you if you read them line by line. Clearly the dev didn't put any effort in this department though, maybe this is just not his focus. Fortunately I am just here to watch some hot scenes so the text don't bother me as much.

I think this game has a lot of potential going forward. All the best to the dev.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

kimhuynjoong

PRO Good animation, beautiful character and render, ok story, nice progression
    CON Sometine fps drop, hard to grind for money ( new patch make everything much cheaper which is nice)
    overall its very nice ill give it 5 ❤
    - Expected tag Pregnancy
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Trickstar

This game is so good wtf. There are multiple routes for girls such as NTR (but not really as for example it is state that ruby will still love you so it more like sharing and prostitution) and love routes. The sex scenes are hot and have decent animations and more. The girls look great as well (especially ruby).

The ONLY thing that doesn't make this game 5 stars is that it has some fucking AWFUL grind. Other than that though its fucking amazing.
  4. 4.00 star(s)

raul7raul

pros
    girls are hot
    ı like the pace
    many fetish and choice
    good renders
    goodd animations (loops)
    godd sandbox at times makes sense
    cons
    mc is dumpass
    plot is boring
    some girls are idiot
    bad sandbox at times as well
    verry long uptate and low content

overalll ı enjoy good fap
    (sorry bad english)
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Weebi

The MC is a total perv and a loser happen to have access to Deus Ex Machina then embark on a journey to have his fantasy come true and have some sweet revenge in the process. Though the cotent quite dry right now definitely recommend
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Flynn974

Models are very good and so are renders in general (poses and backgrounds and so on). But for some reason, I'm looked out of content and can't finish some quests. It's either bugs or I've done something wrong at one point to fail quests? I also dislike grinding and this game has a lot of it, not to mention the anti-cheat system. Why?
    (But I'm just going to treat that as my personal taste to dislike grindy sandbox games and not let it impact the final rating).
    Either way I hope the reason why I get locked out is fixed at one point. And I wish you best of luck, dev.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2022930

seriously sometimes I'm shocked that people give these low scores :D
    for me, it is one of the best games using illusion style :D
    I hope you will keep it up bro and not give up and fck these ratings they are baka XD The Scene with Raping my own little sister is something. sadly step sister I hope for an incest mod in the future but still very nice. I love the story and dialogues so far and can't wait for more.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

mastayuzen

Okay I was thinking why this game has such low reviews then I came to realise that it's based on biased fetishisms. Those who disliked rapey and non-consensual contents seems to be the majority haters. Sorry but not every games has to tailor to your fetishes.

I tend to enjoy every contents from romance, harem, NTR, Incest to this so I put this in the incest/rape content and If it's not your thing then it's just not for you. Deal with it. I cannot complain that a Marvel movie doesn't have enough romantic scenes when it's intended for action/fantasy audience so stay on your lane and ignore if it's not your cup of tea.

Personally I love this game. Only criticism is to make the grinding less "grindier".
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3024206

I was a bit on the fence going in due to all the negative reviews around. However, I was quite surprised by a great game with very smooth gameplay and amazing art.

If you're also unsure, go ahead and give it a try. I personally found the game to be quite worth it and really enjoyed the experience.

It should be said, however, that the heavier scenes are, indeed, quite heavy with rape actually "feeling like" rape much more than in other games that feature it. But such content is optional and there are enough warning prior to it for those who do not enjoy it be able to avoid it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Aeneasc

Pros:
    The girls in this game look amazing.
    The lewd scenes are very well made.
    Grindwise it's absolutely acceptable.

Cons:
    I noticed some weird things regarding the story and MC acts quite strange during many scenes which takes away some immersiveness. However, I will still give 5 stars because it's clear to me that Dev puts quite some work into creating an amazing game here.

Also some harsh words to the community:
    I'm kinda ashamed by many of these reviews here.
    People really give this game a bad rating because it's "too rapey".
    For real? Are you guys aware where you are here? Everyone can enjoy his/her fetish - if you aren't into some stuff that doesn't mean that you have to destroy the ratings of a game. I'm personally not into futa stuff and still don't go around and give only one star to futa games. Just don't play games with rape tag if you don't like them.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

qljrnt6jc4eh2

Game version: 0.18.5.

I think I started playing this game from the beginning and the only thing that got "improved" since then has been the grind.
    The overall visual quality of both the lewd scenes and the gameplay are quite good, though.
    What really kills my mood and motivation is the unfair reward-grind-ratio. You need to grind ~ 5 minutes to progress in one of the girl's arcs and it is not even guaranteed to get a lewd scene at all.
    The overall content so far is quite limited so far.

EDIT: The farer I'm progressing, the more disgusted I get from the weird and stupid story, the unrealistic interactions between the mc and the npcs.
    The MC is an a**hole: sadistic, sassy (in a bad way), rapey, dumb and just not bearable as a MC
    One star less. I'm just staying for the lewd scenes, which are good, as already mentioned.

I can't really say that it is a bad game, but the dev does too many absurd things to artificially stretch the game/ adds to many fillers for my taste.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

xiensk

the new updates so fun and interesting
    more chara also is a plus and the design is 8/10 ngl
    revamped stories is 9/10 and it fixed so many bug since last update

minus
    mc kinda design is just Ugly Bastard kekw
    i think you need to focus with main chara that appear first in story and not focused for the extra chara that appear lately like Mom or Dana before adding more chara / storyline but so far i'd enjoy the updates too

nice update since it needs to focus on one chara before going to the other

overall it's 9/10 but i give 5 star for excellency since some of good games like Deviant Anomalies abandoned kekw
  13. 5.00 star(s)

jewuwee

Actual thought put into mechanics so the gameplay loop of this sandbox is not mind-mumbingly useless. The mini games are short and sweet. The relationships are hot and show nice progression. There is actual direction to scenes and not just here's a front-view body/headshot in front of the same background like most games do most of the time. Conversations are not superfluous. This game definitely deserves better consideration as I'd rank it at least two standard deviations above the average crap.
  14. 3.00 star(s)

Legislat

Okay. I have a really conflicted feeling about this one.

Pros:
    Some really lewd scenes. Very high quality.
    Some characters are both likable and hot.
    Simple plot is not always a bad thing. You can have plenty of fun with those kind of games.
    Neat UI for a renpy game, Everything is pretty smooth.
    Music is okay

Cons.
    Boring unavoidable grind.
    MC is a braindead irresponsible moron.
    Simple plot turning to plain stupid plot IS kinda bad. Prison ark is just eyebrow rising. No logic, no funny moments.

Is this supposed to be comedy? I dont know. You'd guess no, but then something incredibly stupid happens and you begin having doubts.
    Not a single time during playthrough I had a laugh. Really.

Why is this game trying to be something it is not supposed to be?
    I have no answers.

Sadly some plotlines are just cringy as hell. MC being an absolute dick and girls just going with it does not help.

Anyway. Please go on, I am intrigued.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

Cod_Wick

An illogical and rapist protagonist, and a developer who cares more about enforcing resource grind than telling an interesting story.

Also keeps save logs for people who try to bypass the tedious grind.
  16. 1.00 star(s)

Alucard421

Nothing to say. Simply a terrible game. Too rapey, too pedophilic, non existent story and author's insistence on anti anti anti cheat so that they can brag about how much grindy the game is. And the MC is one of the most worthless mcs I have ever seen in my lifetime.
  17. 1.00 star(s)

ubblesnop

Anti-cheats should be an automatic one-star for every game. And it's an accessibilty issue -- for instance, some people cheat games because nerve damage causes their hand-eye coordination to be off. Some of us have more time available for grinding, some of us have ADHD, or limited private time from wives and families.... In short, there are TONS of legitimate reasons for people to use cheats, and no legitimate reason for games to include anti-cheats. There are no legitimate reasons to prevent people from using cheats. None. Every single developer who adds an anti-cheat to a noncompetitive game has chosen, actively chosen, to be a dick.

But this is an exceptionally bad example. Because not only did the developer put an anti-cheat protection on the game, but also, when people created an anti-anti-cheat, he put a lot of work into creating an anti-anti-anti-cheat.

It's too bad, because the game, in earlier, cheatable versions, was kinda fun and sexy. Maybe if the developer decides to show some basic decency toward players, it'd be worth trying again.
  18. 2.00 star(s)

libertypics

I don't dislike the game and can dig more hardcore and rough content, although narrative wise to this it isn't entirely fitting every time a few times it's pretty damn hot, but one huge detraction I find is how much work the dev puts in to anti anti anti cheats because he was upset his anti cheat was anti cheat cheated... WHEN HE THEN DOESN'T PUT A FRACTION OF THAT ENERGY INTO MAKING HIS RENDERS SUFFICIENTLY UNIQUE!

Like dude, priorities in your game design. Making your female renders more diversified, especially in their faces, key. Especially when some of the faces are borderline bland. Obsession over people cheating in your single player game, less vital.
  19. 5.00 star(s)

kankei444

the story is pretty nice and good you can do a lot of things and the characters design and looks are heavenly there is characters development eh the way you make money its pretty not really hard but not easy either but the game overall for me at least its 10/10
  20. 3.00 star(s)

JamesWebbsite

He had promised that once he hit 2,000 Patreon subscribers, he would leave his job and dedicate himself fully to game development. Strangely, after surpassing that number and indeed leaving his job, the pace of game development has slowed down, even more than when he was juggling it with his full-time job. What's even more disappointing is that the latest update didn't bring significant changes or additions to the story. The worst part? The game supports a staggering 9 languages. It seems evident that the translation process consumes as much time as producing new game updates. I believe it would be more sensible to complete the game's storyline first and then consider adding more languages.

What's even more infuriating is that he seems to be breaking his promises, enjoying the profits from subscribers without rolling out new stories for months. Perhaps the steady flow of money, without the hustle of his previous job, has made him complacent. Nevertheless, he logs into the site daily, which suggests he hasn't given up on the game (one can see his recent activities by clicking on his username). I remember him mentioning having around 2,500 Patreon subscribers, but given his self-destructive actions, I wouldn't be surprised if that number drops below 2,000 soon.

Despite crafting a game with an intriguing concept and high quality, he shattered my trust. I canceled my subscription in August.
    While he made the odd mistake of introducing a Christmas event in midsummer, I truly hope he doesn't repeat such missteps in the future. I would love to see him step up his game and showcase the quality we all expect, especially if I decide to become a paid subscriber again. Despite the criticism, it's undeniable that he has potential and has shown moments of brilliance. I believe in his capability and look forward to seeing his improvements.

Qualities are slayed but i hope dev update more fast.

Visual qualities are 5/5