RPGM - Aliens in the Backyard [v19 Bugfix] [The Dark forest]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Bob hortin

While I like the art, the game can be unbearably slow. the maps can be far too big at times, have small fade to blacks to enter a room and there is droughts of content where its a half hour of walking and talking only to get a portrait with a little less clothing or a slightly more revealing angle. I won't lie the game does have a surprising amount of content top it but it takes so long to get to it that you might as well use a later save to get to it. my first actual sex scene was with a racoon lady that does not look attractive at all to me (I'm not calling anyone out for finding her attractive, I just didn't)

some events take place during a specific at a specific time but there is no one place to skip time. you have to walk to different parts of the town or trigger an event. seriously is it too much to ask to progress the day from the bed?

You are only able to influence a person once a day for a scene which is baffling seeing just how many characters there are, there are so many events you could get done in a day but its artificially withheld from you so you play more.

I don't recommend picking this up unless the dev overhauls or streamlines the whole thing
  2. 1.00 star(s)

jed999

It's a really fun little game, has good graphics and story premise.
    Unfortunately this one is so very buggy that it can't really be played without save editors, decompilers and save files from others who have already hacked it.
    If you manage to get past the bugs, the grind will take it's toll, Played 6~7 hours and had zero H scenes.

Maybe someday hopefully
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Chrossler

One of the best games out there right now. Yes, there is a grind but it is worth it. Really well done game. The grind is done in a way that things should be. The story extends and continues to extend in a very pleasing way. I think I am through with the game's updates and it continues further and further. I am 20 hours in right now when I finally finished with v14. Art is all right. Could use some better animation and poses and backgrounds. But I am very impressed by the work done so far.
  4. 3.00 star(s)

Astral Aeon

Would've been 4 stars if only the grind was less and most importantly, the dialogues are well written especially during H scenes. But the expressions on the face don't depict any as near as how well the script depicts. Please try to draw more expressions.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Skelletonike

A bit slow but pretty interesting, a teleport or fast travel feature would be pretty useful but other than that I don't have any complaints.

You will need to spend quite a bit of time to grind in order to unlock the scenes, personally, I never had an issue with those but it might be a killjoy for some people.
  6. 2.00 star(s)

qwoppe

I cut down the grind significantly by money cheating, and partially cheating with strength and intelligence, and I gotta say, even if I cut down the leftover grind I experienced by half it would have been a really grindy game. It's just endless tasks with little to no reward. I feel like I've wasted my entire day.

With the art being as modest as it is, and the plot being silly nonsense and the characters being just templates, I have no choice but to give this a 2/5
  7. 1.00 star(s)

0Synergy

So buggy and jank and the in game quests instructions aren't clear at all. Awful game ran into 3-4 bugs not even 2 hours in honestly the dev needs to go back and clean up and polish the early game. 1 star for sure.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

brata

Game isn't bad. It just has some bad aspects that can easily be fixed and bump it into a 5*

Pros:
    Good storyline and plot
    Images are different in style but still erotic
    Hint System and basic RPGM elements

Cons:
    Almost no sex at version 14. It has some nude scenes but nothing sexual
    Lots of grind

Played the game for almost 3-4 hours. Felt good but I could had reached same position in 1 hour if it wasn't for the grind which at that point became really annoying. Especially with the money and the college. The starting money should had been 20-50-100 and not 10-25-50. The college doesn't go above D+ regardless of what you do.
    The College basically restricts you from working and later you are asked to pay for things which contradicts the latter.
    If the game doesn't really pick up on the sexual content it will soon die and it's a shame. I will give it another go in 2 months or so but if its still like this then consider it as something that's either not looking into or cash-grab by the dev.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Gu Changge

I will be honest, this game is underrated, it has a pretty entertaining story, and you really enjoy playing it, i hope the dev doesnt get frustrated because of the lack of views the game has, but i like it and the best part? ITS AN INCEST RPGM GAME, NICE. I have to edit my review and remove a star, because the game has a huge problem when it comes to grind, like the fact that you have to go to school everyday or you will get expelled, such a waste of time
  10. 2.00 star(s)

Hoven xeno

Aliens in the Backyard version 12.99

The story is well-made, but sometimes the game can be buggy. Sometimes we have to load the game again and retry. The animation is okay for rpgmaker but still, I only wish they pushed more content. I feel we are doing something but it's not because there are a few characters that have sex scenes.
  11. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 4238737

A time consuming game, meh art, and really repetitiv, and saves corruption to often. Also don’t get stuck in glitch areas.

You can start in dog walking event by going to the park and entering dog training zone before progressing further in the game, causing you to get stuck there and reloading a past save
  12. 5.00 star(s)

GibiPoopi

So, I've played the game for around 4 hours, had my time with it. Here's what I have to say. It's a great game, lots of quality art, quite a lot of kinky stuff. Lots of funny interactions. I would say that the gameplay loop could use some improvement, but considering that it's made by a small team, it's pretty good.
  13. 3.00 star(s)

iron4doves

Original review is below. I'm updating based on a semi-thorough play of v15. I'm not increasing the rating as it's still pretty slow and grindy. Dev has buffed money making, and they have removed the game over requirement from bad school grade (although the game still tells you that it is a game over), however you can cheat your grade (it's variable 45, set it to 4 for a grade of D+) and you can cheat money... I still hold the position that there is no real way to fix the core gameplay and that these cheats should be built into the game as a work around (at the very least for repeat players since saves break on many updates... ex: a hidden room accessed by interacting with a random tile in the alien spaceship). The myriad of event triggers and characters is grindy enough. This said, it is definitely better today than it was originally. There are some new scenes which are great to see, it's just unfortunate that you have to spend 5-6 hours doing NOTHING and then BOOM there's 5-6 hours of nonstop H content.

Original Review:
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Man, I wish I could give this game more stars. I actually love the content, writing, and art. The animation could be better (too slow and "static-like"), but it's a good add and definitely helps. I also really enjoy the thoroughness put into quality of life gameplay features, like frequent autosaving and a good built-in guide (although the frequent autosave to slot 1 could blue-ball you if you're not being thoughtful about your saves - save as you unlock interesting content is my suggestion, as I typically do with all games now because many developers don't know how to implement galleries correctly).

The reason I cannot give this more stars is due to the initial grind. Looking at my save, it took me ~6hours to get to the first sex content (handjob from a main female character). This spoiler tells you what additional H content is available with that character, without naming them: It took me ~7hours to get to a BJ with that character, and ~8hours to get to sex with that character. My save currently has 9 hours and 38min on it after getting through the anal content with that character. I don't know if that's all the content with her or not. That's crazy. Let's think about, idk, a Marvel movie. In less than 3 hours they can build a plot, run you through it, and end it climatically. Granted, that is a different medium which does benefit quick delivery of content, but holy shit. I'm trying to fap here dev. I don't have 9 hours to get to the good shit (or, apparently I do, but fuck).

14. 5.00 star(s)

Frai

A nice game with nice graphics. The story as a whole was very fascinating and you can't expect more from it in the future. I did not find any critical errors, and if you use the hints and read the text of the game, there will be no difficulties in passing
  15. 1.00 star(s)

sirneversleep

Wayyyyy too grindy. Tried playing a few times now and still haven't even gotten to fuck anybody. Just a bunch of run here, do this, bring it here, rinse and repeat. Complete waste of your time. Not even worth the download
  16. 1.00 star(s)

TatHapGu

Buggy as shit. Especially when multiple quests proc, some will cancel out the ability to travel back to your room. Though some quests won't even continue! Apparently this is a common occurrence. Until the creator gets on it with the bug fixing, I would not recommend the game.
  17. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 440241

Maybe when this game is completed it will have enough content to justify the grind. For now there's just nowhere near enough sex for the amount of time it takes to complete some of these missions. The fighting is also really poorly done, which is an impressive thing to screw up when using an engine designed for classic turn based combat. Having your health regenerate between bouts with crabs only to not regenerate the first time you fight enemies who can actually do enough damage to be dangerous was a terrible idea. Making it so difficult to escape fights while also making the first real fights of the game a surprise was an even worse idea.
  18. 1.00 star(s)

aakilis

Perfect way make people forget about your game is wiping saves, so terrible amount of grind will do the rest.
    Every new build has 2 guaranteed features:no testing and obviously great bugs.
    If you want play this game. just wait 3 more years.
  19. 2.00 star(s)

usernameinvalid

I have never written a review on here before but this game frustrated me so much that I feel compelled to do it.
    I really like the concept and the graphics. The story isn't all bad even though the quests can be really unintuitive.

First of all, like everyone else has already said, the grind is way too much. In addition to receiving very little money per day, you have to wait for every transition and dialogue box every day that you go through it. It's honestly very draining - it feels like work.

My other big issue with this game is how convoluted and nonsensically complicated it is. I have an example that sums up my experience perfectly with this game:
    In this game you have two stats that you can level up; strength and intelligence. Once you progress in the game you can level up your strength at the college and your intelligence at the library but once you unlock these two places you can't actually study to increase your intelligence. There's simply no option for it.
    At the same time a friend of yours gets hurt by something your character says and a dialogue box says that you should give her something in order to apologize.
    The first thing I do is I go to the store and look around for what the friend might want and I end up buying a box of chocolates. That has no effect so I buy up other things (feeding into the grind) in order to try to find out how to solve it.
    In my mind I needed to apologize to the friend (that you can find at the library) in order to continue leveling up your intelligence.

But no, that's not how it was. I had to progress through the "mom" storyline far enough to unlock one of the "sister" storylines. Then I had to progress through that while jumping through tons of hoops while also searching every day for parts of other quests to progress. After grinding for days doing almost nothing but work and occasionally some small dialogue progress I managed progress far enough in the "sister" storyline. That's when your "mom" has you do a quest for her and after you do that quest you can talk to one of the aliens who tells you that you should level up your intelligence at the library.
    At this point I almost lost my shit but I keep it together and continue on and start leveling up my intelligence while also grinding for more money.
    Once I reach level 10 in intelligence a dialogue option pops up in the library that I should get my friend a gift in order to apologize.

What does the game suggest that I buy for my friend? A FUCKING BOX OF CHOCOLATES.

--------------

Phew... Okay, cooling down now.
    I don't mind games that have a linear storyline and you have to do everything in order. But when you can sometimes do multiple quests at the same time and sometimes you can't and there's no reason given for it, not even in the game - it just boggles me. It's so hard to get over.

I think it's a fantastic game that is being REALLY held back from it's potential and these issues drag it from 4/5 down to 2/5 in my opinion.
  20. 3.00 star(s)

tittyman

Art is good 4/5
    Plot is ok 3/5
    Gameplay. The grind is so bad. Jesus 0/5
    Also the quests need to be explained more 3/5

Earning more money at work is one of the ways to improve the grind. Also the hints in the quests are not 100% clear. I would suggest playing this game after these issues are resolved.