Ren'Py Abandoned Allie's Quantum Adventure [v0.020 Beta] [Bot in Blue]

4.00 star(s) 2 Votes

kingdoofy

Jul 27, 2017
The artstyle is.... different. Very rough and unpolished. Coloration is minimalistic. It just looks a bit odd to me. Ill give it a pass for now. Maybe its style will get updated if the creator can afford an artist.

Scars Unseen

Jan 2, 2018
if the creator can afford an artist.
Oh, come on. You can not like the art style, but you can't look at it and say that the game doesn't have an artist. This isn't some MS Paint horror show. It just isn't anime style 2D or DAZ Studio like 90% of the other stuff out there.

kingdoofy

Jul 27, 2017
Oh, come on. You can not like the art style, but you can't look at it and say that the game doesn't have an artist. This isn't some MS Paint horror show. It just isn't anime style 2D or DAZ Studio like 90% of the other stuff out there.
Ok, i admit that my wording was a bit harsh. I do believe that the creator just used RL Photos he found on google and draw over them on a new layer because it lacks the details something self drawn would have. I like many styles but this just lacks of something important. Detail and perspective. That he doesnt shade is a matter of personal style.

Im talking from a personal perspective as a studied artist and designer. So maybe im to harsh :/

EDIT: I take back the point with drawing over a photo. The proportions arent right at all. Maybe he just used photos for hands and difficult body parts

Last edited:

Nox_sopftpaw

Aug 10, 2017
As mush as I like this demo it seems to be very open on how to play (like spider web choices) that will get stream lined into small choices just to add more content and loss the flow of play.

Also just a small bug for the .20 beta, if you load from a later play of the game to the start the items arn't refeshed so you have the comdoms found and arn't able to pick up the book off the shelve

BotinBlue

Developer of "Allie's Quantum Adventure"
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2021
As mush as I like this demo it seems to be very open on how to play (like spider web choices) that will get stream lined into small choices just to add more content and loss the flow of play.

Also just a small bug for the .20 beta, if you load from a later play of the game to the start the items arn't refeshed so you have the comdoms found and arn't able to pick up the book off the shelve
Hi Nox_softpaw, thanks for giving the game a shot!

Part of the balance I will try to achieve with the game is between a kind of guided storyline plus a sandbox experience. The idea is to have both ;-) Let me elaborate a bit. The game will have a new main story event/activity every day (related to the quest of going back home that, at the moment, I am debating if to make it compulsory or not) and the rest of the time it is going to be a sandbox experience, where you can pursue other quests, work, waste your time, etc. Some of the side quests will fit into the main one and only be available at specific stages. Once more backbones are in place, I will expand the playable days, but that's the reason why the number of playable days are limited.

I'm going to try to replicate the bug, and see if I can catch it!

xesaie

Nov 3, 2020
I love the art. There's a lot I like about it, but especially enjoy that it's not super detailed heavy line animesque.

• Love
Reactions: BotinBlue

Nox_sopftpaw

Aug 10, 2017
Hi Nox_softpaw, thanks for giving the game a shot!

Part of the balance I will try to achieve with the game is between a kind of guided storyline plus a sandbox experience. The idea is to have both ;-) Let me elaborate a bit. The game will have a new main story event/activity every day (related to the quest of going back home that, at the moment, I am debating if to make it compulsory or not) and the rest of the time it is going to be a sandbox experience, where you can pursue other quests, work, waste your time, etc. Some of the side quests will fit into the main one and only be available at specific stages. Once more backbones are in place, I will expand the playable days, but that's the reason why the number of playable days are limited.

I'm going to try to replicate the bug, and see if I can catch it!
For the bug it's as in if you have a save from the start as a fast restart and load from when you've picked up the items, without closing the game or something like that as when you close the game it seems to be ok to load the newer save

BotinBlue

Developer of "Allie's Quantum Adventure"
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2021
For the bug it's as in if you have a save from the start as a fast restart and load from when you've picked up the items, without closing the game or something like that as when you close the game it seems to be ok to load the newer save
Ahhhh... the wonderful paranormal activities of variables and code! Thanks for the heads up, I think I know what is happening :cool: something related to when the variables are defined (yeah, that sounds convincing enough!)

JKL998

Feb 21, 2019
I actually like the art. It grew on me in that short while, though the labia might need a bit of a redesign, as right now it just looks like a flat surface with 2 orange squiggly strips. The story so far seems interesting, not too over the top, but also not too tame, to make the corruption system seem out of place. The abrupt end did make me feel wanting some more, so i will add the game to my watchlist.

• Love
Reactions: BotinBlue
4.00 star(s) 2 Votes