3.50 star(s) 89 Votes

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
The original episode file doesn't have any incest content to unlock. Any relation variables aren't used either.

The patch maker seems to use Renpy's label_overrides functionality to replace original labels instead of crudely replacing whole files. So the old patch is perfectly compatible with the new version.
This is not just changing lables.png

This is not just swapping labels. I've seen patches that do just swap them. That change the referenced variable from Landlady to Mom or whatever else.

This as you can clearly see, changes and or adds entire sections of dialog. That being the case, you can't just expect this patch to magically alter Episode 2 the way it does Episode 1.

Hell, look at the label list at the top, it specifically lists all the pasts of Episode 1. Not a mention of Episode 2 anywhere in this patch.

Now, I'll apologize if I'm somehow wrong here, but I honestly don't see how

Last edited:

monksims

Mar 17, 2019
This is not just swapping labels. I've seen patches that do just swap them.
This is EXACTLY swapping labels (talking about labels in Renpy because your "labels" seem to be variables for coders like me): label s2e1_flight_act3_taboo is shown to the player instead of label s2e1_flight_act3 from s2e1.rpy. The labellist goes through all strings (which are label names) into the for loop and it adds every original label to with a "_taboo" suffix to match labels in this file.

That change the referenced variable from Landlady to Mom or whatever else.
The vanilla AE doesn't have any variables for relations between characters so they can't change their values like in so many AVNs, especially in make-your-own-relations. If you compare original and patched content for ep1, some changes are larger than swapping one word.

This as you can clearly see, changes and or adds entire sections of dialog. That being the case, you can't just expect this patch to magically alter Episode 2 the way it does Episode 1.
Of course it doesn't do all that for ep2 content because the patch was made in December 2023 to alter content in ep1. I replied because you said that the patch wasn't working. The patch still works for ep1 content and doesn't break the game. Without the patch the first episode wouldn't have any incest content at all in 2.2.0. So, it does its job but it wasn't what you expect. ;)

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
This is EXACTLY swapping labels (talking about labels in Renpy because your "labels" seem to be variables for coders like me): label s2e1_flight_act3_taboo is shown to the player instead of label s2e1_flight_act3 from s2e1.rpy. The labellist goes through all strings (which are label names) into the for loop and it adds every original label to with a "_taboo" suffix to match labels in this file.

The vanilla AE doesn't have any variables for relations between characters so they can't change their values like in so many AVNs, especially in make-your-own-relations. If you compare original and patched content for ep1, some changes are larger than swapping one word.

Of course it doesn't do all that for ep2 content because the patch was made in December 2023 to alter content in ep1. I replied because you said that the patch wasn't working. The patch still works for ep1 content and doesn't break the game. Without the patch the first episode wouldn't have any incest content at all in 2.2.0. So, it does its job but it wasn't what you expect. ;)
Oh my fucking god. No.

What I originally said, was that there was no up to date patch.

No up to date incest patch for Season 2 Episode 2

A nice episode, but kinda off without the proper patch. Will need to replay it later

If I said something stupid and misleading after that, that's on whoever was frustrating me at the time.

Right now I feel like we're arguing over something we both actually agree on.

SteelyDan14

Formerly Known as GeekBone
Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
Not a fan of the new direction and I almost feel like I have been fooled. What started out as an MC who was flawed, who had doubts and who lacked any confidence in anything other than the fact he could take a beating, to another Gary Stu with a horse cock and a harem. People are saying it's growth or some crap like that, and I will grant you there was some growth in the first season. But in Season 2 it just turns into another VN with a Gary Stu, a horse cock and a harem of women who throw themselves at the MC for no reason. And this is where I feel slighted. I was given one thing in the beginning and then suddenly it was revealed it was just another shallow pool of crap.

I really loved this game and this story too, and while this is no longer my thing, I do wish the dev well because it's clear they are talented and I think that's why I am so dissapointed. I expected better.

SamualHand

Engaged Member
May 4, 2018
What a fucking start and this is not a harem game. I can't stand any other men or women with women in a harem game so this is not a harem game that people like me play. Too much shit that doesn't belong in a harem game.
I don't know what kind of shit belongs in harem games, but I don't like games where shitting is a thing! So you play your games with shitting, I play non harem games. Deal?

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020
Not a fan of the new direction and I almost feel like I have been fooled. What started out as an MC who was flawed, who had doubts and who lacked any confidence in anything other than the fact he could take a beating, to another Gary Stu with a horse cock and a harem. People are saying it's growth or some crap like that, and I will grant you there was some growth in the first season. But in Season 2 it just turns into another VN with a Gary Stu, a horse cock and a harem of women who throw themselves at the MC for no reason. And this is where I feel slighted. I was given one thing in the beginning and then suddenly it was revealed it was just another shallow pool of crap.

You're hung up on this Gary Stu aren't you? lol
Sry...just kidding ... Although I've never heard of him.

Cheers and have a good one. Thanks for you're post. I think I'll just skip over this game.

Reactions: Firebeast

HornyyPussy

Message Maven
Apr 26, 2020

I really loved this game and this story too, and while this is no longer my thing, I do wish the dev well because it's clear they are talented and I think that's why I am so dissapointed. I expected better.
It was fairly obvious from the beginning that it would drastically change direction in to the supernatural and/or alien. Regarding dick size, it seems that it's being taken care of (as of s2ep1 at least). The Gary Sue I have no idea what you are talking about since the MC have behaved like that since the beginning.....

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018

The whole story was building up to thise that's why the title is alternate existence.......

It was about 3 episodes in when the whole alien thing was first hinted at so where this change of direction comes from I don't know, this was always the only direction.

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
What's the incest patch do?
HornyyPussy What's funny? That's a legit question. Since the incest patch is for S1 as well, and you didn't find out who your mom and sisters were until the end of S1 I want to know if it's for the family intended by the dev or a fanmade patch that turns Anne and her daughter into your family.

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
You're hung up on this Gary Stu aren't you? lol
Sry...just kidding ... Although I've never heard of him.

Cheers and have a good one. Thanks for you're post. I think I'll just skip over this game.
Don't do that... please download it and try it yourself. We are all different and have different likes and dislikes and it is very possible you will like it. The post was about me an my preferences, and I fully understand others will like what they like.

S1nsational

Engaged Member
Mar 31, 2022
HornyyPussy What's funny? That's a legit question. Since the incest patch is for S1 as well, and you didn't find out who your mom and sisters were until the end of S1 I want to know if it's for the family intended by the dev or a fanmade patch that turns Anne and her daughter into your family.
The patch does indeed make Anne and her daughter into our family. Anne is our aunt and our fathers sister, her daughter, Summer, is our cousin.

But given the site linked for the patches, i'm inclined to believe that the patchs are as the dev intends

Reactions: motseer

SteelyDan14

Modder
Donor
Jan 13, 2018
The whole story was building up to thise that's why the title is alternate existence.......

It was about 3 episodes in when the whole alien thing was first hinted at so where this change of direction comes from I don't know, this was always the only direction.
People like what they like, you included, and I do not expect you to change your mind based on what I said. I am glad you and whoever else likes it, likes it. The dev is talented and I wish them well, but this new direction is not for me and I feel I was mislead into thinking it was one game and not what it has turned into and IMO, it has turned into every other mediocre harem game.

indio68

Engaged Member
Sep 26, 2020
i was waiting for this one...i like the game very much..hope it s a big update cuz quite some time passed form last update ..any new about the IC patch? as well as for the WT mod....thanks

wildride69

Jan 5, 2023
Don't do that... please download it and try it yourself. We are all different and have different likes and dislikes and it is very possible you will like it. The post was about me an my preferences, and I fully understand others will like what they like.
A mature reasonable response sir... Who do you think you are! This is F95 and we wont be having any mature reasonable responsible people here! Good Day Sir! :ROFLMAO: ;):D I'm sorry I had to make that joke.

Now for my mature reasonable response.

Consider this.. The problem is not the VN's or the writers. It's you and me as connoisseurs of this content. How so?

Let me explain please before you respond. Look at our post counts I have been here long enough to have posted here almost 900 times, your account creation date is 2018 and you have over 1100 posts. I created my account in 2023 so you have 5 more years of experience here then I do.

Think of it like this, when we were kids we loved books/shows like Peter Rabbit, Snow White, Paddington Bear etc. etc. Now you as a full grown adult may well remember those early stories and you may even read them to your kids but you wont enjoy them the same ever again. Your tastes have matured your looking for more mature stories and things that appeal to you now. Are the childhood stories worse? No absolutely not those stories are still enjoyed by millions every year.

I consider it the same here you used to come here and get your fix initially but your tastes have changed and you want more. Meanwhile someone who has just discovered F95 and adult VN's may enjoy harems and other kinks you now find dull and this is a great forum for discussion if you can find someone reasonable and mature to converse with. So I see a lot of people who have the chant of "I've seen this before" "This is just another one of those games" etc. but to the thousands of new users they have never seen it before and it is fresh and new to them.

So I try not to judge to harshly a Dev that tells a story I can probably predict but I go in with an open mind and try not to press a Dev on taking the story somewhere I want to go but tell me the tale they want to tell.

It's like this game, I thought I new exactly where it was going but I was surprised to see
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
It's definitely not a cliche story imo.

Ok now you can tell me to STFU but it's just my 2 cents and I would be interested in your opinion.

Take care.

Last edited:

Forgotted

Sep 1, 2020

Sorry, I should have phrased my post differently. I was just trying to keep it short.

After reading some of the reviews, and several other posts, including yours, I had decided to skip this game.

I had also asked a question about the need for playing Season 1 before S2, which I deleted.
I thought the save/export process between the seasons was a bit 'unique' so had a question.

So, thank you so very much for your posts/response but I was skipping it for multiple reasons.

Cheers
Have A Good One!

btw....Steely Dan = SUPER COOL! Have been on a big SD kick lately
also
Interesting...I looked up the Gary Stu reference.

Last edited:
Reactions: SteelyDan14

Eunoian

Artist & Writer
Donor
Jul 15, 2018
Loaded S1 into S2 and it said I was missing one variable from CH9. I went back to S1 to replay the last chapter and all my saves dissappeared. Anyone know a quick fix? I don't plan on replaying the whole game.

3.50 star(s) 89 Votes