VN - Ren'Py - Alternate Existence [S2 v2.2.1] [MrKnobb]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Heavy Sleeper

If you play this game, be ready for a ride. And don't judge it based off a quick reactionary feeling.

the game start of with an mc who can be a bit unsure of himself, but still able to explain himself very well to the people around him. Which is a great way for him and the story to develop together. He is young, a bit horny(like most guys his age) but has a good head on his shoulders.

The game is more of a visual NOVEL rather than an "rpg" vn where you can "tailor" the mc to be your perfect self. Choices so far are mainly with who the mc would spent their time with and so far you could say "no" if you don't want to sleep with someone.

Now to the voyeurism
    At some point the mc stumble upon some people having sex, yes. But for the most part, it's short and gives you some insight about the depravity of some of the characters.

Like I said above, this is a ride. So if you go into the game go with the mindset that you would see other people fuck in the game which some are potential fuck buddies or semi romantic interest and I say that because not all the women will be in your harem and some would only play a small part in it.

But the mc(again his own character) doesn't romantically pursue any of them at this moment or show any interest to do so.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

Mactor

Haven't played much, but the game has a bunch of signs that it may not have been competently made. Not to shit on the devs of course, but there's a lot to be improved.

-Characters are just tossed in the game with no real background or context.
    -Main menu blasts music at full volume (note for devs always: Starting volumes on 100 by default is not a good idea) and is quickly contrasted by radio silence from the game, no background music at all.
    -Decent renders with what I assume must be some weird lightning? I don't think the black lady at the beggining was supposed to look yellow.
    -Seems to be trying to foreshadow something, not very subtly.

The first point is the only real problem, if it does not get addressed later(even if it does, the introduction could still be better), but what tops it all off is the horrible editing . Both in scene and scene to scene, the editing fails to give any sense of continuity between shots.

There's a weird mugging scene that doesn't just come out of nowhere, it is also completely resolved off screen. I think it's trying to set us up to come back to this scene later, but it's just a really weird way to do it.

All in all, I think this is trying to do some weird experimental storytelling with some weirdly structured plot? Or maybe that's not the vibe they were going for at all and it's just badly put together. Either way it doesn't really work for me, so it's a 1/5
  3. 4.00 star(s)

TheDwayneTrain

I'm giving this four stars based on the hot women. However, the story is a murky and the dialogues are stiff and forced. There really doesn't seem to be any sense of humanity to ground the characters to reality. There seems to be some room for the story to grow and make sense of itself, but for now, it's a quick fap with limited, unearned sexual interactions.
  4. C
    2.00 star(s)

Clone1A11A

Well done renders but this isn’t really a game. This is a story with a couple of choices for the player to make, focused on whether the MC is a leering pervert or not. The player can’t choose to avoid voyeur scenes with Anne or spreading lotion on the older next door neighbor. The player is unable to choose dialogue or influence the story in anyway, thoroughly disappointing as I like being able to choose who the MC fucks, who the MC ends up with, and how the MC reacts to situations. In terms of choices this game fails. Even worse there’s no real fappable content unless you like watching other characters fuck or like older women.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

The ArcKnight

Updated Review: 4-5-21
    Version: 1.2.1

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Love the That intoxicating Flavor shoutout

These are just my opinions on the current state of the game.
    There are ALOT of things to like about this game, the renders are TOP FUCKIN NOTCH and the story is intriguing.
    It just needs some tweaks and give it some time to really get going and it will be a real Gem.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

cyberprophet

Played and rewiewing Alternate Existence as S1EP2

Plot - 4/5 Nothing to unusial, but enjoyed reading. Also wanna mention lack of choises (IMO)

Renders - 4/5 Girls are GREAT. MILF content is really nice. If you're into this genre, worth checking out. Cons of renders - overused locations in tons of other VNs. Also I'm not fond of mannequin style characters (not sure how to call it correctly LOL)

Animations - also 4/5 They are great, but they have some robotic vibe in them

Also character menu and main menu are custom and really good made. One of huge CONS in my opinion is MC, not fond of this type of main hero (quite a simp for now xD)

TLDR if you're into voyeur or/and milfs OR maybe you just want to relax watching beautiful renders - download it)
  7. 5.00 star(s)

EPrometheus

This is the review of the version that contains only Episode 1 of season 1.

This game has potential, the main highlights of it are in the animations and graphics, I honestly got a little bored at the beginning, some dialogs could be simply summarized in 2 or 3 lines instead of "stuffing sausage" (being rolling instead of going straight to the proposed subject). I didn't see anything special about the protagonist, but it is the MILF who holds his attention in the game, the protagonist was developed throughout episode 1, but they could have explored the other characters more (The daughter and Asumi). Choices have a minimal impact, at the most omitting or revealing new dialogues, other than that it has nothing else to stand out.

Below are my grades for each category, where 10 is the highest grade:

Graphics:
    10;
    Animation: 9.5 (Why some movements still seem a little robotic)
    Character development: 9;
    History: 9;
    Plot: 9;

Verdict: It is worth checking out, I will particularly follow up on the next updates.
  8. 4.00 star(s)

Kayzee12

I have to say, this game is a fantastic in the visuals department.. The renders cant really get any better than this. The animations are real good ( though the bathroom & threesome animations could use better posing / camera angles) .
    The story seems average at best. You're a miserable guy working a dead end job until your rich foster parent invites you to stay with her and also babysit her daughter. All characters are really hot and likable. Choices are very limited and the flow of story is quite generic. I can already see the direction in which the story's headed.
    Personally, I feel this is an amazing game if you're looking for a quick fap. ( for the future, as the content is quite limited for now) .
  9. 3.00 star(s)

UselessSphinx

I'm updating this from my review from Dec of 2020
    PROS
    Renders are top notch
    CONS
    Choices???
    Overall
    Outside of the renders and models, this VN is just lacking. You have zero control over the MC and the flow of the story. I was on the fence with this one. I decided to give it another try to see if I liked it. I didn't. I started completely over from the beginning. Same as the first time I played back in December. There are zero important choices. It's either peek or not. You don't even get a chance to but the household bitch in her place. No spine in the MC at all. Now that I'm no longer on the fence I can honestly say that I will not be checking this one out any further. Good luck to the dev, but this style of spineless MC, and no influence over the story is just not for me. This is completely my opinion.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

maninx

well the dev is known for his top notch renders and in this VN oh the details damn man totally nailed it
    blew the render department out of proportion
    a lot of details are present and the animations just wow anyone can tell a lot of effort and time went into making these detailed renders and it paid off in my opinion
    the models are RAD and they are also new

don't know where the story is going cause this typical start is nothing new but i do hope we are in for a surprise nonetheless not a bad start
    I do hope the dev focus on story as render wise there is nothing to worry about

Keep up the good work and Goodluck.