Mod Ren'Py Alternate Existence [v2.1.0] - LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement Mod [MrKnobb]

Jimayo

Jan 1, 2018
i know prev. had 3 seasons but will ae have is diff. question.
No offense dude but learn pattern recognition, what happened at the end of first season of the first game. Suddenly the game got to be about more than some dude meeting new women and fucking them. It became about adam and stopping him and the organisations backing him. What happened at the end of this game's first season? It's not an if, it will have a third season at a minimum.

Spawn420

Oct 24, 2018
I have to say that if you choose some both choices here, you are much dependent on the mod now.
i picked both whenever the option was there... gotta see it all (or as much of it as possible) in a single run...
rerunning s1 for the fixed mod was fairly fast using skip and a nice reminder for when i played s2..
as for being dependent on the mod... as long as you keep updating it im good :LOL:

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018
Well I liked the last game and did like this game enough to actually support it but then this Update dropped.
Don't get me wrong the story isn't that bad its still a good read and the Girls are hot enough.
I didn't even mind that the MC almost looks like a diffrent MC altogether except for the scar.

Even the fact that some of the cloths he's been in while on planet make him look like a right tit.
Even didn't mind the fact that he put on some more muscle.

But when this Dev followed the same trope other Dev's have done in the past with their versions of:
a gods gift, genetic enhancement or the result of drug's administered.
And took a MC with an above avarage size cock and made it even bigger.

Fuck that shit but its my own fault I thought this Dev was better than pulling that shit again.
It's not even a new thing with this Dev either he did the same thing with Jenson temporarily.
Well as they say fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

Looks like I'm looking for a new game and at the end of the month a new Dev to support.
Well the good news is that since I won't be playing this game anymore I don't give a shit if it turns into a third leg.
Or if the Dev go's back to making ANAL none optional.

The Games good for other players just nolonger good to me so have fun and good luck with this one.
But I'm now out.
Just Sayin.

Last edited:

Uddu

Mar 11, 2022
Did a fresh start of S1 with the fixed mod and imported to S2. The first choice with mod doesn't seem to work as it only plays one route. Is it a mod bug ?

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
Did a fresh start of S1 with the fixed mod and imported to S2. The first choice with mod doesn't seem to work as it only plays one route. Is it a mod bug ?
care to be more specific about what's not working? did you make separate paths for tania and andrea or used mod's both option?

Uddu

Mar 11, 2022
care to be more specific about what's not working? did you make separate paths for tania and andrea or used mod's both option?
As said, I made a fresh start of S1 with the 'fixed' mod choosing only the mod (both) option. Then used the fix for the transfer of the save with the mod.
The first choice in S2 where we have to choose between Maj'hel and Ja'den, I chose the mod (both) option but it only plays the Maj'hel route and doesn't play the Ja'den route.

My question is, is it the mod or something from my end preventing it?

Last edited:
Reactions: Hawka1O7

Firebeast

Dec 24, 2021
You dont think that is maybe shortsighted from your side... lol i used short sighted for a big problem.

MC already asked about his big dick and what can be done. I can only surmise, it will change and was for a reason before i just accept Alternate is like devs previous game.

But anyway as you said you're out. Cheers!

Well I liked the last game and did like this game enough to actually support it but then this Update dropped.
Don't get me wrong the story isn't that bad its still a good read and the Girls are hot enough.
I didn't even mind that the MC almost looks like a diffrent MC altogether except for the scar.

Even the fact that some of the cloths he's been in while on planet make him look like a right tit.
Even didn't mind the fact that he put on some more muscle.

But when this Dev followed the same trope other Dev's have done in the past with their versions of:
a gods gift, genetic enhancement or the result of drug's administered.
And took a MC with an above avarage size cock and made it even bigger.

Fuck that shit but its my own fault I thought this Dev was better than pulling that shit again.
It's not even a new thing with this Dev either he did the same thing with Jenson temporarily.
Well as they say fool me once shame on you fool me twice shame on me.

Looks like I'm looking for a new game and at the end of the month a new Dev to support.
Well the good news is that since I won't be playing this game anymore I don't give a shit if it turns into a third leg.
Or if the Dev go's back to making ANAL none optional.

The Games good for other players just nolonger good to me so have fun and good luck with this one.
But I'm now out.
Just Sayin.

Reactions: HornyyPussy

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
You dont think that is maybe shortsighted from your side... lol i used short sighted for a big problem.

MC already asked about his big dick and what can be done. I can only surmise, it will change and was for a reason before i just accept Alternate is like devs previous game.

Yeah, I got the feeling that MC's dicksize will be dealt with........

Reactions: Firebeast

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
As said, I made a fresh start of S1 with the 'fixed' mod choosing only the mod (both) option. Then used the fix for the transfer of the save with the mod.
The first choice in S2 where we have to choose between Maj'hel and Ja'den, I chose the mod (both) option but it only plays the Maj'hel route and doesn't play the Ja'den route.

My question is, is it the mod or something from my end preventing it?
Are we certain that's a season 1 import issue and not just one for the Season 2 mod itself? :unsure:

LWtbo

Feb 11, 2018

Sorry just noticed you quoted me so to answere you.
no you may think so and had it been the first time he did it there wouldn't of been an issue.
I would of waited till it returned to size as I had already figgered it would.
However and this is a personal view If I play one game by a Dev and I like it I will both play it.
And if I can also support the next one what will stop me doing so.
If the Dev starts to make the new one about stuff I don't like or adds stuff I don't like.
Or if in this case by reusing the same plot Idea that I honestly didn't find interesting or beliveble the first time.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

The game is good.
But sadly I'm now older and less tolerant these days... so it's just nolonger for me.

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
well my s1 (no mod, no fixed mod at that time) imports to s2 with mod worked just fine.

• Angry
Reactions: kantigura

HornyyPussy

Devoted Member
Apr 26, 2020
Actually, I think I had that problem as well, chose both but didn't get Ja-den's scene. Gotta check later to see if that was the case

tyme2tb

Apr 28, 2022
Actually, I think I had that problem as well, chose both but didn't get Ja-den's scene. Gotta check later to see if that was the case
Ran into same issue. Some reason the Both doesn't work for that scene, it just skips that if statement for some reason. LaikDink may have to check that part of the code. A cursory look doesn't make anything stand out to me.

Hawka1O7

Dec 25, 2018
well my s1 (no mod, no fixed mod at that time) imports to s2 with mod worked just fine.
Same, I don't think this is an import issue at all then but primarily the Season 2 mod just having the same 'both' problem as Season 1 originally had. So I would just bring this to LaikDink attention and see if it can be fixed in the next update
Uddu

cxx

Message Maestro
Nov 14, 2017
You don't get the point, separate saves means multiple playthroughs, preventing the need to do so is what the _both_ options are intended for.
yes but that's why there's skip and 2 saves won't cause errors later.

udogu

May 20, 2019
Question: Has the Season 1 mod been been brought up to date (v1.9.1) to allow save transfers to Season 2?

If I assume correctly, I have to apply the AlternateExistence-1.9.1-savesnotshowingfix-updateonly patch first, then apply the mod, then apply the s1e9-1.9.1update patch.

The reason I ask is that the s1e9-1.9.1update.rar's readme says this:
This is a fix for 1.9.0 not showing S1 saves after you had played AE S2.
Extract contents of this zip to AE 1.9.0's game folder and overwrite existing files.

If you use LaikDink's WTMod (it was last updated 2023-12-27), replace the vanilla s1e9.rpy with s1e9.rpy.LaikDinkWTModfix.
Then problem is, there is no s1e9.rpy.LaikDinkWTModfix file in that rar.

Is this a different file that I'm missing?