Mod Ren'Py Alternate Existence [v2.2.1] - LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement Mod [MrKnobb]

Beltian

May 27, 2022
I will take a look and see if there will be much issues with continuing. Will post here with an update soon.
Ok I will be trying to update this mod to the current and further updates. However, I will not have the time to get to it for a day or two. After I have updated it to the latest version, I should be able to release within a day of new game versions. Please be patient, and I will post as soon as I have it completed.

Beltian

May 27, 2022
View attachment 2106061

Overview:
Walkthrough and Improvement mod for Alternate Existence

Updated: 10/06/2024
Game/Creator: Alternate Existence / MrKnobb - - - -
Modder: LaikDink
Mod Version: 2.2.1
Game Version: 2.2.1
Language: English

Features:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Installation:

SS1: Download:

SS2: Download:

View attachment 2106066 View attachment 2106067 View attachment 2106068 View attachment 2106102

Here is a tentative update for the Mod. I will need to do some double checking to make sure everything is well, and I will eventually go back through the older episodes to make sure everything is good.

Please let me know if you come across any issues. I will look at the mod in more depth soon, this should at least get you all by until then.

Also, please be aware, using this mod may cause issues to your save file in the future. Mods are always use at your own risk.

p.s. tested with IC Patch and gallery mod and no issues that I can see.

DOWNLOAD: F95ZONE

jasad

Dec 14, 2021
Here is a tentative update for the Mod. I will need to do some double checking to make sure everything is well, and I will eventually go back through the older episodes to make sure everything is good.

Please let me know if you come across any issues. I will look at the mod in more depth soon, this should at least get you all by until then.

Also, please be aware, using this mod may cause issues to your save file in the future. Mods are always use at your own risk.

p.s. tested with IC Patch and gallery mod and no issues that I can see.

DOWNLOAD: F95ZONE
thank you!!

Reactions: balboa2151

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021
JGNeon and LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement mod for Alternate Existence Season 2 v2.3.0

Overview:
Based off and continued from LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement Mod up to Season 2 v2.2.1​

Updated: 2024-10-08
Game/Creator: Alternate Existence by MrKnobb - - - - -
Modder: JGNeon
Game Version: Season 2 v2.3.0

Features:
  • Highlight the recommended choices
  • Add some choices for both scenes

Installation:

Changelog:

Download: -

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021
JGNeon and LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement mod for Alternate Existence Season 2 v2.3.0

Overview:
Based off and continued from LaikDink's Walkthrough/Improvement Mod up to Season 2 v2.2.1​

Features:

Installation:

Changelog:

Since my own thread is still awaiting moderator approval...

Mihawk_80

Jul 2, 2022

Overview:

Features:

Installation:

Changelog:

Thank you

TribalJOB

Jun 5, 2020

Overview:

Features:

Installation:

Changelog:

Thank you :)

Does your mod include the ipatch ?

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021
Thank you :)

Does your mod include the ipatch ?
No, but it should at least be compatible with it.

Given that Lewdpatcher is down at the moment, someone did post the ipatch in the "Home of Incest" thread in response to someone else who were looking for it:

Reactions: SpeedDevil

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021

Overview:

Features:

Installation:

Changelog:

Mod approval finally came through for my own thread, if anyone's interested:
https://f95zone.to/threads/alternat...laikdinks-walkthrough-improvement-mod.228277/

I'll continue updating both posts for a while, though, at least until I rework both season 1 and 2 with my own particular flavor of code.

divingmedic

Engaged Member
Aug 15, 2023
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.
ScriptError: Name ('game/episodes/s2e1.rpy', 1702326053, 310) is defined twice, at game/episodes/s2e1.rpy:2 and game/s2e1.rpyc:2.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 501, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %
ScriptError: Name ('game/episodes/s2e1.rpy', 1702326053, 310) is defined twice, at game/episodes/s2e1.rpy:2 and game/s2e1.rpyc:2.

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
ALTERNATE EXISTENCE Season 2 2.3.0
Wed Oct 9 07:53:01 2024
Help please?

• Wow
Reactions: HornyyPussy

JGNeon

Modder
Feb 24, 2021
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While loading the script.

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\bootstrap.py", line 275, in bootstrap
renpy.main.main()
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\main.py", line 492, in main
renpy.game.script.load_script() # sets renpy.game.script.
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 310, in load_script
self.load_appropriate_file(".rpyc", [ "_ren.py", ".rpy" ], dir, fn, initcode)
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 888, in load_appropriate_file
self.finish_load(stmts, initcode, filename=lastfn) # type: ignore
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 525, in finish_load
check_name(node)
File "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\renpy\script.py", line 501, in check_name
raise ScriptError("Name %s is defined twice, at %s:%d and %s:%d." %

Windows-10-10.0.19045 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.1.3.23091805
ALTERNATE EXISTENCE Season 2 2.3.0
Wed Oct 9 07:53:01 2024
Help please?
For some reason, you managed to get the script files placed directly under the "game" folder.

On your PC, go the the folder "C:\Users\dmedi\Downloads\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\AlternateExistence-2.3.0-pc\game", delete the following files from that folder, if they exist:
Code:
s2e1.rpy
s2e1.rpyc
s2e2.rpy
s2e2.rpyc
s2e3.rpy
s2e3.rpyc
Then, restart the game.

Those files are basically not supposed to be in that particular location. If you had followed the mod's install instructions, these files from the mod should've automatically been placed in the "episodes" subfolder, overwriting the files that were already there (from the game build).

DpzndX

Feb 7, 2019

Overview:

Features:

Installation:

Changelog:

Thank you for your work sir :love::love: