Others Aluron: Return of Man [2nd release fix] [Joni2k]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Quintilus

Engaged Member
Aug 8, 2020
General feedback and criticism is also much appreciated
First of, release project compiled in release mode, not debug.
Second, change alpha of a text window background, or even better replace it to something more dark in color, because it very hard to read ligth text on light background.
Third, increase scale of a text and textbox. Even on 50?? inches big tv screen I have problems reading it. I mean without smashing my face in it.

RustDust

Jul 18, 2017
The free-touch system was unexpected but very much welcome, although my laptop sounds like a jet engine when the girls start jiggling like mad. Makes the long wait understandable. Hope we get more interactions like caressing and kissing.

Reactions: LordBalkara

LordBalkara

Oct 31, 2017
I like the addition of touch. Was worried all the lewd scenes would be slideshows, I love when games make the sex interactive.
Also like the addition of more features to combat, shows you aren't neglecting the gameplay side of things.
I thought this project might die since it was small and took so long to update but I can see the wait was worth it.
EDIT: Next feature should probably be a save and load system. I experienced the pain of this not being in the game yet when the game bugged out 2/3s of the way through the new dungeon and the only fix would have been restarting from the very beginning of the game.

Last edited:
Reactions: joni2k

Cube-Chan

Jun 6, 2017
The combat is very satisfying.
Visuals and sound are also good.
Only problem is that the text is almost impossible to read at times.
EDIT: Also the fact that the MC's name defaults to "Player".

Last edited:
Reactions: Daddums

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
Read the first 2 tutorial messages. Couldn't bring myself the read the rest. Made it through the first dungeon with 1 HP on both characters.

I was annoyed to discover the ax wielding Sisi is an archer.

All in all a very promising start game wise...

65196846516584.png

I gotta tell you, I ain't feeling it.

Colil

Aug 20, 2021
MC keeps dying to the goat boss and apparently the game dosen't recognize loosing so it just freezes
just keep away from the boss and use bow and arrow to take him down. 2 members of the team died during the second stage and the game froze for me too, i don't see an option to save either so forces me to start from the beginning
The free-touch system was unexpected but very much welcome, although my laptop sounds like a jet engine when the girls start jiggling like mad. Makes the long wait understandable. Hope we get more interactions like caressing and kissing.
hold on how do i free-touch?

joni2k

Nov 14, 2018
Thanks for the encouragement and feedback, everyone. I'll try and put out a fix for the game breaking stuff in a day or two. UI scaling will be a setting in coming versions for sure
hold on how do i free-touch?
Rest in the second dungeon to get those scenes with your party members

blitblop

Oct 3, 2019
This has a really strong foundation. The base gameplay is really solid, combat feels good. It does feel a bit like healing is a problem and I found a bug where the ram or sheep party member got knocked out and she didn't come back, when I went to the next room my character just stopped mid transition and I couldn't do anything but close the game.

I like the girls character art, although I wish you could change how your player character looked, if I'm stuck playing a guy I prefer them to be more effeminate. The touch thing is really neat and I like the idea of being tender with your partners. I look forward to seeing where this goes cause I think its got a really strong start.

Reactions: joni2k

Command

Mar 24, 2018
can't seem to beat the first boss guy I follow the instructions. Can't really find much in the way of how to beat the last guy of first fight area and everything freezes. main character falls and can't do any thing really after that.

joni2k

Nov 14, 2018
Here's a new version that should fix the bugs that people have reported (thanks!)
Windows:
Mac:

2nd release fix
  • Fixed several game breaking issues related to party members getting knocked out. Some visual glitches still remain, but the game shouldn't hard lock anymore.
  • Added a tutorial about getting knocked out, and a hint on how to beat the tutorial boss.

Metal Fox

Oct 8, 2017
I love the setting and story so far. Especially the cute and sexy anthro characters. Huge fan of Sisi, her personal scene got me cracking ^-^
---

There's some pretty harsh feedback, given how many shit and/or monotonous indie games there are. I actually got pretty invested in the story, but that's me, lol

Some of the comments with the gameplay seemed a bit nitpicky or whiny... So what if Sisi's an archer. And the game honestly wasn't hard. You just needed to read the HUD like any more or less complicated strategy game. The game sucks cause you suck at it? Ever play Fire Emblem? -w-

Reactions: Jscbvgf01
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote