Mar 3, 2020
I've never gotten motion sickness from a 2D game before, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I was able to get around it by editing plugins/galv_camcontrol.js, but most people won't have the knowledge necessary to do that. Please reconsider its use.

Also, zooming (at least to non-integer values) fucks pixel art up; I'd recommend against it.

Reactions: James Eveleth

Yni

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2021
I've never gotten motion sickness from a 2D game before, but I guess there's a first time for everything. I was able to get around it by editing plugins/galv_camcontrol.js, but most people won't have the knowledge necessary to do that. Please reconsider its use.

Also, zooming (at least to non-integer values) fucks pixel art up; I'd recommend against it.
I think in the next patch there will be such a choice in the settings. :unsure:
I am wondering about the difficulty of the Test of Strength and why some people seem to have more trouble with it than others.

I'm several decades past my prime twitch factor for reaction speed and was able to beat the challenge of strength on my second try. That doesn't seem like an excessively challenging puzzle. But *many* players who are likely much faster reacting than myself do seem to be complaining about it. Could the issue be related to the game's performance on their machines?

I am running this on an older laptop that wasn't top of the line when it was new, but does still have a name brand graphics card. Could my machine be slowing things down and making this challenge easier for me than someone with a newer machine? Or could it be that since RPGM isn't really all *that* graphically challenging that my graphics card is allowing the game to perform better and making this easier for me than someone running integrated graphics?

The first issue I've seen on older RPGM style games - and I've seen and used slow down tools to correct this issue. They work quite well.

The second issue I've had on some RPGM style games as well and had to use V-sync to correct. I see Alvein has a low performance setting, perhaps this could help some people having trouble with this puzzle?

I believe the dev's have used some nice clever puzzles to make this game interesting, and would hate to see people just skip them making this game much more bland. I realize some people are going to be completely uninterested in mini-games but I think these serve a real enhancement to this game.

So has anyone having trouble with this challenge tried the low performance setting to see if it helps? Or are they running this game on a high end gaming machine?
I created a script that checks the player's average FPS, so the difficulty of the mini-games is about the same for everyone. The only solution I see is the ability to make mini-games easier.

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
I think in the next patch there will be such a choice in the settings. :unsure:

I created a script that checks the player's average FPS, so the difficulty of the mini-games is about the same for everyone. The only solution I see is the ability to make mini-games easier.
Just simply rework on the old minigame to be a more simple and fun to explore type like fetch quest, monster hunting or simply go pass some maze and avoiding all the traps to reach to the goal. By doing so many will like it more, the puzzle or quest aren't too hard but still enough for them to work around to archive it

fulgartech

Jan 27, 2018
Just simply rework on the old minigame to be a more simple and fun to explore type like fetch quest, monster hunting or simply go pass some maze and avoiding all the traps to reach to the goal. By doing so many will like it more, the puzzle or quest aren't too hard but still enough for them to work around to archive it
Man, I'm kind of conflicted on this idea. Replacing the mini-games with standard fetch quests or kill X monster quests would kill some of the charm that this game has. In all likelihood I've played hundreds of jrpg style games since first playing Dragon Warrior on the NES. And of those hundreds of games probably 90% stuck to the base fetch and kill quests - and those games have all faded into a bland haze in my memory. But the ones that have done something different, who threw in some interesting side mechanics do stand out in my memory - but not always for good reasons. Sometimes the goofy side mechanics make the game annoying. So I think the Dev team is going to have to walk a fine line here.

The only puzzle they used in the v13 release that bothered me was the jumping puzzle, which was pretty difficult and forced me to save scum. But I did beat it in less than 20 minutes. That wasn't too bad, and would even be pretty appropriate for a near end of game puzzle. When they went to the new puzzles, I found them to be much easier but still interesting. Like I said I only had to restart the Challenge of Strength once to beat it. I don't think the issue is the difficulty of these puzzles, but more of the fact that some players don't want to have to deal with them in their pursuit of a story/fap.

I can see the allure of allowing the players to choose to skip a puzzle, but it is going to make the game much more boring if the players do so. But I guess if they are only playing it for a quick/easy fap then they aren't interested in the gameplay much anyway. But replacing the puzzles with standard fetch and kill quests would likely do the same, with no option for the player to experience any different gameplay.

Yni

Game Developer
Apr 13, 2021
Man, I'm kind of conflicted on this idea. Replacing the mini-games with standard fetch quests or kill X monster quests would kill some of the charm that this game has. In all likelihood I've played hundreds of jrpg style games since first playing Dragon Warrior on the NES. And of those hundreds of games probably 90% stuck to the base fetch and kill quests - and those games have all faded into a bland haze in my memory. But the ones that have done something different, who threw in some interesting side mechanics do stand out in my memory - but not always for good reasons. Sometimes the goofy side mechanics make the game annoying. So I think the Dev team is going to have to walk a fine line here.

The only puzzle they used in the v13 release that bothered me was the jumping puzzle, which was pretty difficult and forced me to save scum. But I did beat it in less than 20 minutes. That wasn't too bad, and would even be pretty appropriate for a near end of game puzzle. When they went to the new puzzles, I found them to be much easier but still interesting. Like I said I only had to restart the Challenge of Strength once to beat it. I don't think the issue is the difficulty of these puzzles, but more of the fact that some players don't want to have to deal with them in their pursuit of a story/fap.

I can see the allure of allowing the players to choose to skip a puzzle, but it is going to make the game much more boring if the players do so. But I guess if they are only playing it for a quick/easy fap then they aren't interested in the gameplay much anyway. But replacing the puzzles with standard fetch and kill quests would likely do the same, with no option for the player to experience any different gameplay.
Mini-games are a big part of our game. They will not be simplified or cut out of the game, I find it much nicer to get h-scenes after a little challenge. I don't think you need to try to please everyone, I just want to make mini-games challenging and fun (and no bugs lol).

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020

Beside the wrong date which should be 06/16 I think the next update are very close to be release, can't wait to see how it would be like

thevoid089

Forum Fanatic
Jan 29, 2020
Yeah! I was really busy lately, update will be ready as soon as I finish drawing scenes. :whistle:
Take your time, your arts for those lewd event are very hot and high quality so I can't wait to see those new arts when it came out

dan9000

May 21, 2017
Its kinda anoying that it has been like 5 days in the game raining and the only option to rise strenght is in the farm without the option to just skip the day...

allura404

Nov 7, 2019
How can I do the game full screen? Also how can I hide the textbox?

Last edited:
4.10 star(s) 50 Votes