HailToTheDock

Mar 2, 2018
So are they planning on having redux be a complete makeover? The art styles clash so badly that I get whiplash whenever the H scene comes in. Are they planning on having sprites and characters redone or are they going to keep this weird mix?

sexypeanut

Jun 30, 2020
So are they planning on having redux be a complete makeover? The art styles clash so badly that I get whiplash whenever the H scene comes in. Are they planning on having sprites and characters redone or are they going to keep this weird mix?
They'll redo everything. They started with Jazz and will move to other characters in future updates (or do everyone at once, since it seems we won't get one before the end of the year)

Testerguy19

Nov 11, 2018
So I just had my review removed for inappropriate reasons (not that I'm entirely irresponsible on it and I do admit to faulty writing), here's a take on the latest stuff--I think the best we can do, is just to wait. There's tons of other games out there, and usually big IPs/creations take a longer time than usual. The art fusion is a reason why I can see people criticizing it, but I enjoy it, maybe developers and artists just view it differently and appeals to others. It's still considered kinda niche(?) for the wider audience because not everyone's bothered to look up lewd art/videos or play games.

The best of advise is perhaps, if you've never downloaded Redux, stick with the last version you've ever had a 7.5. It's worth it while it lasts because you get to preserve it. I'm unsure if I'm in the minority here but I really don't mind it too much. Anyone is welcome to agree/disagree with me.

Also, this goes back to where I started talking, how do you rate (and write) a review again when it gets taken down by a mod? I'm embarrassed and kinda don't want to start a thread when I can already search for threads? Just felt really out of the blue when you get a random conversation from the mailbox for the first time in your life.

• Red Heart
Reactions: PePeTheCoCk

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
So i haven't heard from this game in a while so i decided to check up on it... people are still arguing about the art change?

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
Wow. Was checking back on this game to see if Jade or Sam got any more content only to find the artist has changed?
The new style is really putting me off, don't look anything like the previous art or even the show to the point I can't get into it.
This game doesn't look like a parody of Danny Phantom anymore, GZone was perfect for this project but he was replaced with another artist which have no talent for AP.

Last edited:

strenif

Engaged Member
Aug 18, 2017
This game doesn't look like a parody of Danny Phantom anymore, GZone was perfect for this project but he was replaced with another artist which is not talented for this.
I went to their patreon poll where they asked if people like the new style better or the old style. For whatever reason the current patron mostly voted for the new one so I suppose that explains why they are sticking with it. Still, it look like anime to me.

Tenzai

Sep 27, 2020
I don't know if it can be rigged, but wouldn't surprise me if it was. They seem to want to keep the new art if that's the case. Like I said before, I won't play this anymore if they stick to the new artstyle. It's a major turn off for me since it doesn't look like the show anymore. Besides, I thought a major part of the redux was to add Valerie and get her involved, but nope. They gave her two scenes and no H-scenes at all. Such a major tease only to be let down. Shouldn't have even teased her. o_O

PePeTheCoCk

Apr 6, 2020
I don't know if it can be rigged, but wouldn't surprise me if it was. They seem to want to keep the new art if that's the case. Like I said before, I won't play this anymore if they stick to the new artstyle. It's a major turn off for me since it doesn't look like the show anymore. Besides, I thought a major part of the redux was to add Valerie and get her involved, but nope. They gave her two scenes and no H-scenes at all. Such a major tease only to be let down. Shouldn't have even teased her. o_O
They took 1 year for this redux who really think they would make a honest poll if the result speaks against redux, they had to roll everything back...
At least here, on 4Chan & SVSComics the majority did not like the new art style.

Ebrietas

Jul 15, 2018
I made my opinion on the change of the art style clear in my post in July, I also said that if with this redux they produce content faster, I would not mind it,

But now how long are we going to wait man it's just too much waiting we waited a year for the Redux our expectations were high we got an unfinished work not every scene was changed

The backlash from the art change was bad the communication with the community is through Patreon which they only post 1 or 3 months, or they might not post at all the expectation around this game is high being a Danny phantom game

I have patience I have lot of patience I waited years for akabur now akaman to finish witch trainer, star channel and now maybe I will wait more for his new project akabur communicates with his followers he posted every Monday talking about stuff game progress and life he at least tell us what is happening while gzone does not

Many of game makers do not communicate with their followers but gzone did talk to us, but slowly he just stopped listing us

I have nothing against gzone I am just disappointed, well that's my post what do you guys think about this???

3.70 star(s) 60 Votes